War breaks out between UK and the US

Yorkshire Puddings!!! it's a religion, the recipe and practice of cooking Yorkshire puddings is older the America itself. 

Yorkshire Puddings are strictly savoury, you're supposed to eat them with slowly cooked beef, hot mustard, horse-raddish, and rendered gravy that will collapse your arteries if you even look at it.

A great evil has begun!!! storms are brewing!!!  wrongs have been committed.....................A DUTCH BABY!???? WTF is a Dutch baby??? 

It seems someone in the US is trying to re-invent the Yorkshire Pudding into a dessert!!!!!!!!!!!! Thats it, it's WAR. 

Bad.jpeg

Good.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Hmmmm... technically speaking, are the muffin tin puddings really Yorkshire Puddings?  Hard to imagine the drippings of a roast falling into the pan for a proper Yorkshire Pudding.  My Dad is from Ryhill outside of Wakefield and one of his favorite harangues is this very subject. :D  

Just now, BlackFriar said:

Hmmmm... technically speaking, are the muffin tin puddings really Yorkshire Puddings?  Hard to imagine the drippings of a roast falling into the pan for a proper Yorkshire Pudding.  My Dad is from Ryhill outside of Wakefield and one of his favorite harangues is this very subject. :D  

I hear you. Big square tin puddings are also fabulous, but due to their shape you often get a flat expanse in the middle. And not too airy

Just now, Alexw33 said:

As a Yorkshireman I find this news extremely disconcerting :o

They will pay!. Someone is going to get drowned in batter. Or sizzled in beef fat! Either way it's going to be a bad culinary themed death

• Like 1

Well I hear what you’re saying, but to be honest as another Yorkshire man, growing up if there were any puddings left after the roast, we would smother them with honey/jam/syrup and finish the lot! So I can understand the small leap to this strange sweeter version...

That said, given the choice they would be soused in rich beef gravy!! 

Oh, I’m in bed now hankering for a roast with all the trimmings! :unsure:

Happy to fight on the British side of this particular war. Savory Yorkshire pudding only for this Yank.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Kaptain Karl said:

We butchered your language...we may as well keep the momentum going and butcher your food as well! 

That's not news ... I have seen and unfortunately tasted the funny-coloured tiling grout that Americans call "cheddar"...

17 minutes ago, Fuzz said:

What's next? Bread stuffed with shoestring french fries?

That actually sounds delicious....

The bastardization of the puddings has to be a New England thing, because I've never seen anything remotely similar to either down here in the South.

We're to busy butchering proper Cajun food and Tex-Mex dishes. ?

41 minutes ago, scap99 said:

That actually sounds delicious....

The bastardization of the puddings has to be a New England thing, because I've never seen anything remotely similar to either down here in the South.

We're to busy butchering proper Cajun food and Tex-Mex dishes. ?

It is very tasty, but you're supposed to use chips, not fries.

5afba3c676d24_chipbutty.jpg.e217044475ae2cca04c9a8901093d7d5.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Fuzz said:

It is very tasty, but you're supposed to use chips, not fries.

5afba3c676d24_chipbutty.jpg.e217044475ae2cca04c9a8901093d7d5.jpg

That looks right tasty, but you're supposed to use brown sauce, not chips.  

8 hours ago, thedame007 said:

growing up if there were any puddings left after the roast

Sorry, I have no idea what this means!?. In our house, if someone was asked "do you want another Yorkshire?" and the answer came back "no" you would be dragged from your chair at the dinner table, and drowned as a witch.

on the Strict hush hush!!, I worked at a fancy restaurant years ago, and they did one have a dessert which was a warm beef dripping Yorkshire pudding filled with praline and sea salt ice cream. As an employee I was forced to sample it.......i'll say this.........it wasn't too shabby! :ph34r:

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, 99call said:

Yorkshire Puddings are strictly savoury, you're supposed to eat them with slowly cooked beef, hot mustard, horse-raddish, and rendered gravy that will collapse your arteries if you even look at it.

I lived in Leeds for four years, and even that was considered poor form by the older generation.

These hardcore purists believed it should only be eaten with onion gravy!

10 minutes ago, ayepatz said:

I lived in Leeds for four years, and even that was considered poor form by the older generation.

These hardcore purists believed it should only be eaten with onion gravy!

Ha! there are many rules in Yorkshire that are strict and slightly weird, including not being able to do savoury, sweet, savoury

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ayepatz said:

Love him. Pigeons in Flight is a classic.

I love "two margerines on the go", and "you're like Manchester" I'm gonna try and see him next time he plays at Bury.

• Haha 1

I'll quite happily have Yorkshires with any roast be it chicken, lamb, beef, pork etc. much to the disgust of my wife who is a Beef Only type. She's a Londoner, I'm Cumbrian - I get to pull the More Northern Than Thou card (which I can also do to Yorkshirianists).
I'll get me coat...

• Haha 1