War breaks out between UK and the US

14 hours ago, Fuzz said:

It is very tasty, but you're supposed to use chips, not fries.

5afba3c676d24_chipbutty.jpg.e217044475ae2cca04c9a8901093d7d5.jpg

That's not shoestring fries where I'm from...

Needs some onion, scrambled eggs, and bacon.

Toss the bread for a tortilla, add some red salsa, and a bit of cheese.

I'm hungry now.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

15 hours ago, Fuzz said:

It is very tasty, but you're supposed to use chips, not fries.

5afba3c676d24_chipbutty.jpg.e217044475ae2cca04c9a8901093d7d5.jpg

I hope you're talking about potato chips, not those things the Brits eat with fish, those are fries...

17 hours ago, scap99 said:

That actually sounds delicious....

The bastardization of the puddings has to be a New England thing, because I've never seen anything remotely similar to either down here in the South.

We're to busy butchering proper Cajun food and Tex-Mex dishes. ?

Magnolia Pancake Haus in San Antonio serves a dutch baby under the name Pfannekuchen.  I'm guilty of eating theM, and they were DELICIOUS! Hahahaha!

Authentic Apfel Pfannekuchen

This is the real deal, translated from Oma’s own cookbook and brought to life in our kitchens. Granny Smith apples and our Haus secret spices combine to create a puffed pancake that is an authentic taste of Bavaria. Served with powdered sugar and European-style whipped cream 

27 minutes ago, BlackFriar said:

Magnolia Pancake Haus in San Antonio serves a dutch baby under the name Pfannekuchen.  I'm guilty of eating theM, and they were DELICIOUS! Hahahaha!

Authentic Apfel Pfannekuchen

This is the real deal, translated from Oma’s own cookbook and brought to life in our kitchens. Granny Smith apples and our Haus secret spices combine to create a puffed pancake that is an authentic taste of Bavaria. Served with powdered sugar and European-style whipped cream 

That does sound good, but I would never have known it was called a Dutch Baby.

10 minutes ago, scap99 said:

That does sound good, but I would never have known it was called a Dutch Baby.

Yeah it's pretty obscure.  To be fair it is a bastardization of a true pudding.  Magnolia Pancake Haus is the only place I have seen a form of the Dutch Baby on the menu.  It's tasty but you practically need someone to wheelbarrow you out after finishing.  It should come with a shot of insulin.

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, BlackFriar said:

Yeah it's pretty obscure.  To be fair it is a bastardization of a true pudding.  Magnolia Pancake Haus is the only place I have seen a form of the Dutch Baby on the menu.  It's tasty but you practically need someone to wheelbarrow you out after finishing.  It should come with a shot of insulin.

Yeah, I gotta pass on that.  My A1C is slowly creeping up, so I've put the stop to all unnecessary/excess carbs.

4 hours ago, TomF said:

I hope you're talking about potato chips, not those things the Brits eat with fish, those are fries...

No, those are not fries. They are called chips! It is not called fish & chips for nothing!

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Fuzz said:

No, those are not fries. They are called chips! It is not called fish & chips for nothing!

Potato chips are thin and crisp. What you are talking about should legitimately be called pommes frites.

15 hours ago, luv2fly said:

I am so sick of the fry/chips/crisp debacle.  You call it as it is and so will I.  

Its fried potatos for the love of God......

Carry on.

I have a rare disorder, aka Texas accent, that prevents me from being able to pronounce the plural of the word crisp.

So I am glad we don't call them crisps around these parts.

Fries are hot out of the grease, and chips come in a bag with a cheetah on the label. ?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Colt45 said:

combine the ingredients into a dough

pour it out, cook it up, there you go

dutch dutch baby

take my puff pastries seriously

like to talk about 'em deliriously

when it comes to puddins don't mess with me

dutch dutch baby

Word to your mother.

• Haha 2

I've come up with a brand new dessert!

You take a marshmallow, toast it over an open fire, then put it between 2 digestive biscuits that have been smeared with Nutella. And as an added kick, you give it a light dusting of chili powder. I'm calling it a, "Spicy Guatemalan Slider".

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Fuzz said:

I've come up with a brand new dessert!

You take a marshmallow, toast it over an open fire, then put it between 2 digestive biscuits that have been smeared with Nutella. And as an added kick, you give it a light dusting of chili powder. I'm calling it a, "Spicy Guatemalan Slider".

Haha, brilliant. 

In an era of Attention Deficit Dissorder, and people wanting to re-package something thats been around for 200yrs, and new and exciting. I think a good few people need to be given the following tutelage