99call

War breaks out between UK and the US

Recommended Posts

14 hours ago, Fuzz said:

It is very tasty, but you're supposed to use chips, not fries.

5afba3c676d24_chipbutty.jpg.e217044475ae2cca04c9a8901093d7d5.jpg

That's not shoestring fries where I'm from...

Needs some onion, scrambled eggs, and bacon.

Toss the bread for a tortilla, add some red salsa, and a bit of cheese.

 

I'm hungry now.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
What's next? Bread stuffed with shoestring french fries?

Pierogies ... starch stuffed with starch... guaranteed to slow down your digestion

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A Dutch Baby is NOT dessert. It's BREAKFAST!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Fuzz said:

It is very tasty, but you're supposed to use chips, not fries.

5afba3c676d24_chipbutty.jpg.e217044475ae2cca04c9a8901093d7d5.jpg

I hope you're talking about potato chips, not those things the Brits eat with fish, those are fries...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Ken Gargett said:

and next week there will be a battle over something equally important like shoelaces or garden hoses. 

or soccer.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, scap99 said:

That actually sounds delicious....

The bastardization of the puddings has to be a New England thing, because I've never seen anything remotely similar to either down here in the South.

We're to busy butchering proper Cajun food and Tex-Mex dishes. 😁

Magnolia Pancake Haus in San Antonio serves a dutch baby under the name Pfannekuchen.  I'm guilty of eating theM, and they were DELICIOUS! Hahahaha!

 

Authentic Apfel Pfannekuchen

This is the real deal, translated from Oma’s own cookbook and brought to life in our kitchens. Granny Smith apples and our Haus secret spices combine to create a puffed pancake that is an authentic taste of Bavaria. Served with powdered sugar and European-style whipped cream 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, BlackFriar said:

Magnolia Pancake Haus in San Antonio serves a dutch baby under the name Pfannekuchen.  I'm guilty of eating theM, and they were DELICIOUS! Hahahaha!

 

Authentic Apfel Pfannekuchen

This is the real deal, translated from Oma’s own cookbook and brought to life in our kitchens. Granny Smith apples and our Haus secret spices combine to create a puffed pancake that is an authentic taste of Bavaria. Served with powdered sugar and European-style whipped cream 

 

That does sound good, but I would never have known it was called a Dutch Baby.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, scap99 said:

 

That does sound good, but I would never have known it was called a Dutch Baby.

Yeah it's pretty obscure.  To be fair it is a bastardization of a true pudding.  Magnolia Pancake Haus is the only place I have seen a form of the Dutch Baby on the menu.  It's tasty but you practically need someone to wheelbarrow you out after finishing.  It should come with a shot of insulin.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, BlackFriar said:

Yeah it's pretty obscure.  To be fair it is a bastardization of a true pudding.  Magnolia Pancake Haus is the only place I have seen a form of the Dutch Baby on the menu.  It's tasty but you practically need someone to wheelbarrow you out after finishing.  It should come with a shot of insulin.

Yeah, I gotta pass on that.  My A1C is slowly creeping up, so I've put the stop to all unnecessary/excess carbs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, TomF said:

I hope you're talking about potato chips, not those things the Brits eat with fish, those are fries...

No, those are not fries. They are called chips! It is not called fish & chips for nothing!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Fuzz said:

No, those are not fries. They are called chips! It is not called fish & chips for nothing!

as always, when the "chips" are down, fuzz is 100% correct. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Fuzz said:

No, those are not fries. They are called chips! It is not called fish & chips for nothing!

Potato chips are thin and crisp. What you are talking about should legitimately be called pommes frites.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am so sick of the fry/chips/crisp debacle.  You call it as it is and so will I.  

Its fried potatos for the love of God......

Carry on.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like my Yorkshire puds with mint sauce in em 

Puds should be small rock cake tins

A large dish is for making toad in the hole.

 

And its called a chip butty!  Fuss

 

 

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, luv2fly said:

I am so sick of the fry/chips/crisp debacle.  You call it as it is and so will I.  

Its fried potatos for the love of God......

Carry on.

I have a rare disorder, aka Texas accent, that prevents me from being able to pronounce the plural of the word crisp.

So I am glad we don't call them crisps around these parts.

Fries are hot out of the grease, and chips come in a bag with a cheetah on the label. 🤣

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m partial towards tater tots, unless the frites are correctly twice fried...

:D

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Colt45 said:

combine the ingredients into a dough

pour it out, cook it up, there you go

dutch dutch baby

take my puff pastries seriously

like to talk about 'em deliriously

when it comes to puddins don't mess with me

dutch dutch baby

Word to your mother.

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've come up with a brand new dessert!

You take a marshmallow, toast it over an open fire, then put it between 2 digestive biscuits that have been smeared with Nutella. And as an added kick, you give it a light dusting of chili powder. I'm calling it a, "Spicy Guatemalan Slider".

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Fuzz said:

I've come up with a brand new dessert!

You take a marshmallow, toast it over an open fire, then put it between 2 digestive biscuits that have been smeared with Nutella. And as an added kick, you give it a light dusting of chili powder. I'm calling it a, "Spicy Guatemalan Slider".

Haha, brilliant. 

In an era of Attention Deficit Dissorder, and people wanting to re-package something thats been around for 200yrs, and new and exciting. I think a good few people need to be given the following tutelage 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

Community Software by Invision Power Services, Inc.