On 5/19/2018 at 3:26 PM, Monterey said:

I am probably the most rotational person out there.  I have major OCD.  I have around 110 boxes at the moment.  All are loaded into excel by size and date.  How much I paid, where I got it from, etc . . .I know exactly the cigar I'll be smoking all the way until 2024.  I have 14 main cigars that I smoke every year with one "wild box" that changes from year to year.    Every box is labeled and placed into the humidor based on the year I'll be smoking.  Every January 1st I pull out the 14 boxes and move the cigars into my smoking humidor.  Every tray is carefully labeled and I track my progress through out the year.

OCD is a bitch.  Most of my life falls under the same goofy rules. 

OCD or dedication? I'm impressed!

• Like 1

On 5/19/2018 at 10:06 PM, Duxnutz said:

Things I don’t understand... how people have cigar ‘rotations’. I don’t think in the decade-ish I’ve been smoking cigars I’ve had a set rotation of smokes. 

I’m not the most organized but seems like it would kill the fun a bit. Would love to know the amount of people who have a set run of what they smoke vs spontaneous selection. 

80 /20 rule for me. 

• Like 1

Rotation to me means what I’m smoking right now in general. For example—

Lately it’s—RGPC, PLPC, Siglo 2, Upmann Mag(whatever), Lusis, Connie A, Cohiba Shorts, and whatever might strike my fancy on a day like an LE/RE, Custom Roll, or the rare N.C.

Recently though this rotation has been rudely interrupted by some incredible, revolutionary pipe Tobacco like Esoterica Tilbury, Smokers Haven Exotique and Dunhill Nightcap. BUT—even though the urge is strong, I refuse to grow a big scraggly beard, wear a funny hat, start drinking microbrews exclusively, or buy a Golden Retriever and a Diary!!!
599555d28addf78a45cae4dca3d1ee8e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I have a general idea of which boxes I'll be smoking from for the year.

A looser idea of which singles I'll be smoking over the year.

When the oppurtunity arises for a cigar I aim for the winning trifecta, the right vitola for the time I have, a smoke that's appealing to my palate or pairing at the time and a cigar that is "on" / hopefully "on".

On 5/19/2018 at 3:26 PM, Monterey said:

I am probably the most rotational person out there.  I have major OCD.  I have around 110 boxes at the moment.  All are loaded into excel by size and date.  How much I paid, where I got it from, etc . . .I know exactly the cigar I'll be smoking all the way until 2024.  I have 14 main cigars that I smoke every year with one "wild box" that changes from year to year.    Every box is labeled and placed into the humidor based on the year I'll be smoking.  Every January 1st I pull out the 14 boxes and move the cigars into my smoking humidor.  Every tray is carefully labeled and I track my progress through out the year.

OCD is a bitch.  Most of my life falls under the same goofy rules. 

My routine is similar to this. I track the last smoke date for every cigar so I can rotate through my inventory. I want to make sure I smoke everything on a fairly consistent basis. Right now I don’t generally get back to a cigar for 3 months as I work through my smoking inventory so it’s nice to have a reminder of when I last had that particular cigar.

• Like 2

My routine is similar to this. I track the last smoke date for every cigar so I can rotate through my inventory. I want to make sure I smoke everything on a fairly consistent basis. Right now I don’t generally get back to a cigar for 3 months as I work through my smoking inventory so it’s nice to have a reminder of when I last had that particular cigar.
Very interesting. I think I might have to try this. At the moment I tend to think about it I'll need a shirt smoke or a long. Then I think of something that sounds good or of a progress inquirery. If none I go for some brand new single or someone's home roll. I take small shorthand review notes that have a date but I never really think of the last time I've had something other than if it obviously recently.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

• Like 1