Will be going on a cruise in a couple of weeks.

1)Wondering if anyone has recent experience with the LCDH in Georgetown, Grand Cayman?

2) Edición Regional Caribe (Paraiso) - are these worth trying to locate?

Much appreciated.

Haven't been in a few years, but Wallace always treated me well. He can come across a little abrasive at first but he's a cool guy. Omaida is a Cuban woman who I assume is maybe still there. She is so sweet. She used to work at the Partagas LCDH and knows her stuff. They have a limited number of available singles but had a decent selection of boxes each time I have visited. If you get to run into Valerio, the owner, you are in for a treat! Make sure to snorkel or dive Eden Rock which is pretty much right out the front door of the LCDH.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

35 minutes ago, Monterey said:

There's a place called "Old Havana Cigars" that I would recommend.  The owners are really nice people and you will get much better service.

I am in Grand Cayman right now and I’m heading to Old Havana Cigars tomorrow to visit Juan and Karla, the owners you mentioned. I never even made it to the LCDH last trip because Juan took care of me so well. 

I tried to go to the LCDH last time but every cab takes you to Old Havana by default, just FYI.  The shop is very visible and well known in Georgetown.  However, you cannot smoke inside Old Havana, unlike the LCDH (I am told you can smoke at the LCDH, anyway). 

Went on a Western Caribbean cruise just after New Years and the only legit cigars I saw were in old Havana on Grand Cayman, didn’t make it the lcdh though.

Every other port we visited had glass tops.

Nice place, with some good stock. They have some treats there, but they can be expensive. I walked out with a 2005 Partagas Reserva box. 

Wallace, Isis, and Valerio are all nice people. 

• 2 weeks later...

Thx for the heads up

Contacted the folks at Old Havana - appears they are out of stock on the LGC Edición Regional Caribe (Paraiso).

There doesn't appear to be a way to get info on stock for the LCDH.

Will see when I get there I suppose...

1 hour ago, targa88 said:

Thx for the heads up

Contacted the folks at Old Havana - appears they are out of stock on the LGC Edición Regional Caribe (Paraiso).

There doesn't appear to be a way to get info on stock for the LCDH.

Will see when I get there I suppose...

Grand Cayman was packed with cruise ships when I was there, so it doesn’t surprise me that all the Paraiso are gone. I missed out on the last few boxes of Bolivar Coronas Gigantes but what can you do? 

The LCDH is a very small shop, and no one attempted to wait on me when I wandered in on a rainy Friday. I recommend going to Old Havana first.  I scoped out the walk in pretty well.  They have good Magnum 46 boxes and RA Gigantes boxes with good codes. And lots of Cohiba - Coro, Siglo VI, etc. Have fun

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Cayman17  - have you bought anything from the cigar store next to Lone Star on SMB?  I haven't,  but it's close to where I live.  Wondering if they sell anything legitimate. 

44 minutes ago, mi000ke said:

Hey Cayman17  - have you bought anything from the cigar store next to Lone Star on SMB?  I haven't,  but it's close to where I live.  Wondering if they sell anything legitimate. 

I have never been to the Havana Club, so I couldn’t tell you. I’ve only purchased CCs from Old Havana and Churchill’s in town. Sorry 

• 2 months later...

Hey there,

Hitting Cayman islands (yeah - the wifie cruise thing) mid-feb 2019.  

Looks like there's two shops there: LCDH and "Old Havana".

Are the prices similar? Any idea what the stocks are like? As usual - looking for the "hard to finds".

18 minutes ago, GrouchoMarx said:

Hey there,

Hitting Cayman islands (yeah - the wifie cruise thing) mid-feb 2019.  

Looks like there's two shops there: LCDH and "Old Havana".

Are the prices similar? Any idea what the stocks are like? As usual - looking for the "hard to finds".

They are close enough to each other to check both.  Most of the locals I know go to Old Havana, although you may find a bit more selection at LCDH.

There are actually three shops in Georgetown:

Old Havana, Churchills, and the LCDH

IMO Old Havana has the most stock and they had Monte LE’s and a ton of Cohiba when I was there in May. They also had Partagas LE and Juan just posted pics of some la Trova boxes on his Instagram feed. Sometimes they have the rare humidor releases.  They always have Mag 46 and lots of Hoyo, Ramon Allones, Cohiba and Monte in stock. Juan and Karla are very friendly and it’s my go-to spot on the island.  

Churchills is a smaller store but the cigars looked and smelled great. I bought some Bolivar tubos and Mag 46 tubos there last trip.

LCDH was fairly busy the only time I went in and I just sort off wandered around and left without buying anything.  I didn’t really see anything exciting and no one waited on me do I left. 

Since you are on a ship, you have a great opportunity to buy duty free rum if you like the stuff.  They have tons of HC 7, Santiago 12 if you look around you can find lots of bottles.  

Have fun on your trip  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, mi000ke said:

They are close enough to each other to check both.  Most of the locals I know go to Old Havana, although you may find a bit more selection at LCDH.

Thanks - yeah, I checked them out on the map.

I did see that old havana has a website - they have "behikes" in stock? are they legit?

With 3 mules with me, looking to bring back 8 boxes :D

2 minutes ago, Cayman17 said:

There are actually three shops in Georgetown:

Old Havana, Churchills, and the LCDH

IMO Old Havana has the most stock and they had Monte LE’s and a ton of Cohiba when I was there in May. They also had Partagas LE and Juan just posted pics of some la Trova boxes on his Instagram feed. Sometimes they have the rare humidor releases.  They always have Mag 46 and lots of Hoyo, Ramon Allones, Cohiba and Monte in stock. Juan and Karla are very friendly and it’s my go-to spot on the island.  

Churchills is a smaller store but the cigars looked and smelled great. I bought some Bolivar tubos and Mag 46 tubos there last trip.

LCDH was fairly busy the only time I went in and I just sort off wandered around and left without buying anything.  I didn’t really see anything exciting and no one waited on me do I left. 

Since you are on a ship, you have a great opportunity to buy duty free rum if you like the stuff.  They have tons of HC 7, Santiago 12 if you look around you can find lots of bottles.  

Have fun on your trip  

Thanks a TON !!!

Yeah - rum is a definite purchase too!

12 minutes ago, GrouchoMarx said:

Thanks - yeah, I checked them out on the map.

I did see that old havana has a website - they have "behikes" in stock? are they legit?

With 3 mules with me, looking to bring back 8 boxes :D

I am not sure how accurate that website is.  I don’t know about Behikes, but he had a lot of Talisman and Siglo VI last trip. You can contact Juan on IG and ask him directly. He is active almost every day.  And everything I have ever seen there is legit ??

1 minute ago, Cayman17 said:

I am not sure how accurate that website is.  I don’t know about Behikes, but he had a lot of Talisman and Siglo VI last trip. You can contact Juan on IG and ask him directly. He is active almost every day.  And everything I have ever seen there is legit ??

thanks again !!

• 1 year later...
58 minutes ago, FatherOfPugs said:

Anything interesting? I'll be in Grand Cayman on New Year's Day.

I shall report. Small shop across the street from where we are staying, meh. But restaurants are stunning! Loved Morgan’s and Taikun.

CB

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1