AL East: Red Sox & Yankees go toe-to-toe...

MoeFOH

I was at Fenway earlier this year when the benches cleared twice in the old rivalry and Joe Kelly and Tyler Austin went running in with handbags flying, and that was fun to see... But how much better is it to see these two storied clubs going toe-to-toe in the AL East with basically the best records in baseball across the board! 

Betts, JD Martinez, Ramirez, Bogaerts... Judge, Stanton, Sanchez, Gregorious... Sale, Price, Porcello, Rodriguez... Severino, Tanaka, Sabathia, Gray... 

If injuries don't play a major part, then this slugfest should go right down to the wire! Such a pity these two can't meet in a World Series, especially this year! Other fans will disagree, of course, but I think it's a rare alignment of these teams with giant rosters and a win now (especially for the Sox) situation in play. 

1 hour ago, Colt45 said:

You can take Hanley off the list...  :wink2:

Oh, man, woke up to this news and was completely taken aback! Did not see that coming! That said, it makes a lot of sense if Pedey can get back up to speed quickly and stays healthy. Love Hanley, but his approach at the plate sometimes leaves a lot to be desired, in my opinion. My only cause for concern is that we may miss a clutch bat come playoffs. However, Pedey back in the line-up, JD at #3, Moreland basically as an every day player, and Swihart with more playing time is a set-up that makes a lot of sense. Time will tell!

• Like 1