James Slipper - gone from the Queensland Reds?

a new day, a new mess for australian rugby.

australian rugby finds another way to sink further into the mire.

reds skipper, james slipper, suspended for coke. a second positive test this year. you’d have to think this might be the end for Slipper at the Reds.

Didn’t strike me as a completely stupid bloke but if you are caught once, what on earth would possess you to repeat the exercise? in the same season. And why was he not suspended first time?

Not certain Thorn is likely to be tolerant. Have to wonder to what extent this is an extension of the quade mess. i suspect thorn won't let him anywhere near any of the current players if he can help it. 

7 minutes ago, Ken Gargett said:

a new day, a new mess for australian rugby.

australian rugby finds another way to sink further into the mire.

reds skipper, james slipper, suspended for coke. a second positive test this year. you’d have to think this might be the end for Slipper at the Reds.

Didn’t strike me as a completely stupid bloke but if you are caught once, what on earth would possess you to repeat the exercise? in the same season. And why was he not suspended first time?

Not certain Thorn is likely to be tolerant. Have to wonder to what extent this is an extension of the quade mess. i suspect thorn won't let him anywhere near any of the current players if he can help it. 

Kenny I heard from people in and around the squad 2/3 years ago about their team bonding sessions. This was normal and if you didn't partake you were on the outer in the team as it was led by the senior players. Was told that Quade and Slipper were two of the ringleaders. Quade out of the squad now, Slipper done now too and Karmichael also playing club footy. Rebuild continues! On and off the field. Look for Kerevi or one of the religious boys to be named Captain next season. 

Just now, bayala said:

Kenny I heard from people in and around the squad 2/3 years ago about their team bonding sessions. This was normal and if you didn't partake you were on the outer in the team as it was led by the senior players. Was told that Quade and Slipper were two of the ringleaders. Quade out of the squad now, Slipper done now too and Karmichael also playing club footy. Rebuild continues! On and off the field. Look for Kerevi or one of the religious boys to be named Captain next season. 

i'd also heard it about both QC and slipper but one does not wish to defame without evidence (normally). 

all of these guys bagging thorn for standing strong on QC don't seem to realise how much easier it would be for him to have those guys there and perhaps grab a couple of extra wins, making his place more secure. instead, he has stood up and set out to clean out the team and rebuild it. doubt anyone else in rugby - perhaps if they had got richie - could have managed it. i could not have more respect for thorn and wish him the absolute best. and the bloody wallabies can keep their hands off him. 

8 minutes ago, Ken Gargett said:

i'd also heard it about both QC and slipper but one does not wish to defame without evidence (normally). 

all of these guys bagging thorn for standing strong on QC don't seem to realise how much easier it would be for him to have those guys there and perhaps grab a couple of extra wins, making his place more secure. instead, he has stood up and set out to clean out the team and rebuild it. doubt anyone else in rugby - perhaps if they had got richie - could have managed it. i could not have more respect for thorn and wish him the absolute best. and the bloody wallabies can keep their hands off him. 

Agreed. Perfect man for the job and hopefully the young guys coming through are taking that all on board. However, this won't be going away anytime soon. All the major codes in this country are dealing with this and if they tested more often they'd be banning half their teams. When Slipper gets relegated to club footy by Thorn then the Reds/ARU will have over $2 million in salary running around Brisbane every Saturday afternoon.

1 minute ago, bayala said:

Agreed. Perfect man for the job and hopefully the young guys coming through are taking that all on board. However, this won't be going away anytime soon. All the major codes in this country are dealing with this and if they tested more often they'd be banning half their teams. When Slipper gets relegated to club footy by Thorn then the Reds/ARU will have over $2 million in salary running around Brisbane every Saturday afternoon.

well that is actually an improvement. if the ARU has blokes running around playing at any level, it is better than last year when they paid a bloke nearly a cool mill not to play. but then let him have a few games in japan so he could smash his knee again. 

that woman with the wig is a disgrace. a background in nz netball and then sending a once famous rugby league club, bulldogs, almost bankrupt and left bereft of any future for at least 3-4 years. and the ARU thought she was the one to save rugby in australia.

my theory is that the previous muppets (still think that extorionist who put the bomb around pulver's daughter's neck got the wrong member of the family) picked the least likely, most hopeless candidate they could find as that was the only possible way they could look good. or at least, not as moronic as they are.