Your Standout Regional

Ken and I video reviewed the Ramon Allones Silver Jubilee yesterday (AP regional 2017). The review will be up next week. 

We have both had plenty of excellent regionals.....as well as some duds (and duds on repeated tastings). 

Looking at the positive, what is your favourite regional produced to date?  That one regional that you would foresake all others for should you be faced with such a decision. 

Just the one :thumbsup:

I would go with the Por Larranaga Robusto (PCC 07)

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

ANY Ramon Allones Regional, particularly the Phoenician - Libano Regionals.

Diplomáticos Bushidos. Try finding someone willing to part with them! 

Ken and I video reviewed the Ramon allones Silver Jubilee yesterday (AP regional 2017). The review will be up next week. 
We have both had plenty of excellen regionals.....as well as some duds (and duds on repeated tastings). 
Looking a the positive, what is your favourite regional produced to date?  That one regional that you would foresake all others for should you be faced with such a decision. 
Just the one :thumbsup:

I would go with the Por larranaga Robusto (PCC 07)

RA P30 for me. That PL Robusto is up there though!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

ANY Ramon Allones Regional, particularly the Phoenician - Libano Regionals.

• Like 2

For me it would either be the 2007 Bolivar Simones or the 2010 RA Gorditos. Both Canadian RE’s and no I am not a homer .

If I had to choose I guess it would be the Simones. Glad I still have full a box of each to enjoy slowly over the coming years.

• Like 1

There are a few I have cherished. Several have been named above, but I have to agree with His Excellency...

It's the Por Larranaga Pacific Asia Regional Robusto!  I just started my second cab, and have another still virgin! 

I had a RA Sur about a 6 months ago that was the best cigar, or at least top 3, that I smoked in 2017. (reckon I smoked about 500 Cuban cigars over course of the year) Then bought a box and other singles but was never able to repeat the experience. Had a few cigars go that way. Just have to love the one your with and hope the next anomaly is round the bend.

The PL Robusto '07 is indeed a fantastic cigar (down to my last half box), but I still prefer the PL Encantos '10. But as much as I love the PL Encantos, if I must choose one above all else, they must step aside for the RA Celestiales Finos '09.

Guest Nekhyludov

The RA 8-9-8 Allemania is smoking the best of all my REs right now, but the QdO Belicoso Royal Francia isn't far behind.

I aslo have some Bushidos, La Escepcions, and Eslavos in my humidor that I haven't tried yet. 

2 hours ago, magoo6541 said:

From what I've had, La Escepcion Don Jose hands down. To pick from any of them, I'd go for Bolivar Especials No 2.

Both stand out choices.  I forgot about the Bolivars.  I wish more lancero ER's were released.