Your Standout Regional

14 hours ago, FatherOfPugs said:

If I had to pick one and forsake all others it would be the La Gloria Cubana Gloriosos Edicion Regional Exclusivo Reino Unido 2008. 

Jeepers! :o Can they even fit all that on a band??!! :P 

I haven't dipped into my Bushidos yet, so cannot judge.  In general I've found the Asia Pacific regionals to be excellent and worth the extra $$, both in flavor and quality control.  My favorite would have to be the 2011 Por Larranaga Encanto, followed closely by the Punch Sabrosos.  Even the recent RG 88's have been fantastic though and I'm layin' down boxes as fast as they pop up for sale.

• Haha 1

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

ANY Ramon Allones Regional, particularly the Phoenician - Libano Regionals.

Diplomáticos Bushidos. Try finding someone willing to part with them! 

I’ll be totally honest - I haven’t had many.  Have a couple boxes of Bushidos but never tried one.  That said, last year I had a Punch Suiza that absolutely floored me. Certainly bore no resemblance to any Punch I have ever had.  To any Swiss friends out there, worth seeking out.

15 hours ago, LLC said:

For me it would either be the 2007 Bolivar Simones or the 2010 RA Gorditos. Both Canadian RE’s and no I am not a homer emoji41.png.

If I had to choose I guess it would be the Simones. Glad I still have full a box of each to enjoy slowly over the coming years.

Totally agree. I even call the RA Gordito the Gordie Howe.

Others that are related to the Netherlands or Belgium in any way seem to make me very happy, though the band text can be confusing.

My only avoidance is the short robusto. I find that to be kind of a tourist trap?

CB

• Like 1

9 hours ago, HJCJ said:

No love for Montecristo Dantes Conde 109?

Have a few in the humidor which I hope to try soon. 

I'm sure if more had ever tried one it would be high on most lists. Same with the Conde 54. Unfortunately, as only 55,000 of both were made and Mexico is a fairly isolated world retail market and are 7 and 10 years old respectively they're as rare as hen's teeth. 

Boxes of the 109s are well above $2,000 now and the 54 are getting there, if you can find them.

I've only been lucky enough to try the Belicosos and from reports it was the weakest of the 3. I'm sure the 109 and 54 are tremendous cigars if this is true as the Belicosos are solid 94/95 point cigars for me. I have a couple singles and I have no idea when I'll be smoking them, although boxes are still readily available for me. 

I don’t smoke a ton of REs but of those not already mentioned have always found the Boli 108 a great smoke. 

• Like 1

On 25.5.2018 at 9:23 AM, ChanceSchmerr said:

I have loved the SLR Pacifico more than any other. Just a rich, lovely cigar. The older-style banded ones were just a touch better.

Had there been different runs of the Pacificos? I had been of the impression it was one single release of 4000?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Fugu said:

Had there been different runs of the Pacificos? I had been of the impression it was one single release of 4000?

To my knowledge, one batch made over a few months, and in the middle of the run they transitioned from bands using the old dies (rounded letters, weak embossing) to new, cleaned up bands (tight lettering and distinct embossing).  The first ones with those older bands were just a bit better to my taste.

• Thanks 2

I can't say I've had a bad German RE. Outside german REs, I'd say my favorites are the QDO Robusto Embajador, La Escpecion Selectos Finos, Edmundo Dantes Conde Belicosos, and Dip Bushidos.

On 5/25/2018 at 11:28 AM, PapaDisco said:

Jeepers! :o Can they even fit all that on a band??!! :P 

I haven't dipped into my Bushidos yet, so cannot judge.  In general I've found the Asia Pacific regionals to be excellent and worth the extra $$, both in flavor and quality control.  My favorite would have to be the 2011 Por Larranaga Encanto, followed closely by the Punch Sabrosos.  Even the recent RG 88's have been fantastic though and I'm layin' down boxes as fast as they pop up for sale.

+1 on the 2011 Por Larranaga Encanto! They’ve been fantastic but alas all good things come to an end. I’m down to my last one ?. 

Cheers!

Bill

• Like 1

On 5/25/2018 at 2:03 AM, ayepatz said:

SP Eslavo

Great stick! Only wish I had more. 

Cheers!

5 hours ago, ChanceSchmerr said:

To my knowledge, one batch made over a few months, and in the middle of the run they transitioned from bands using the old dies (rounded letters, weak embossing) to new, cleaned up bands (tight lettering and distinct embossing).  The first ones with those older bands were just a bit better to my taste.

Ok, thanks. Interesting, wasn't aware of that. Will check mine.

11 hours ago, ChanceSchmerr said:

Thanks for the information. Just checked and mine are with the old bands.

Actually they might be my standout regional so far.