Four Pillars Bloody Shiraz Gin - 2018 release

Ken Gargett

not available yet but it will be on june 1. the 2018 release of the four pillars bloody shiraz gin.

no spoilers, of course, but it is a cracker. for me, the first one back in 2015 was the best they have made. this is the closest to it in style, i think, and may even pip it. delicious. 

jump on the site www.fourpillarsgin.com.au on june 1 but remember, last year the release broke the internet with people trying to get one. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Ken Gargett said:

not available yet but it will be on june 1. the 2018 release of the four pillars bloody shiraz gin.

no spoilers, of course, but it is a cracker. for me, the first one back in 2015 was the best they have made. this is the closest to it in style, i think, and may even pip it. delicious. 

jump on the site www.fourpillarsgin.com.au on june 1 but remember, last year the release broke the internet with people trying to get one. 

Just grabbed a bottle of the 2017 to try. How does it rate, Ken?

4 minutes ago, Ken Gargett said:

all good. you will not regret it. 

Can’t wait! I shall report back next week. Somehow I have a funny feeling that you may have started me down yet another bloody (gin) rabbit hole!

Can’t wait! I shall report back next week. Somehow I have a funny feeling that you may have started me down yet another bloody (gin) rabbit hole!

I bought a few bottles at the aforementioned KL site and drank a couple and gifted a few to friends. Only positive reports so far.
  • Like 1

Just now, dicko said:

I picked up a couple of bottles from the mailing list. Looking forward to it. 

dicko, you'll love it.

they kindly sent me a sample bottle recently but the order arrived today. one saved for the fishing trip. mates will plunder a couple. there will be some left. 

• Like 1

After reading Ken's post I found a bottle at my local purveyor. Not much of a gin fan but really enjoyed this version. Bloody shiraz, splash of tonic & a muddled Orange slice is delightful. Very refreshing & well worth $50 a bottle. Perfect pairing with a rosado wrapper aged R&J 4 this memorial day weekend.

3 hours ago, retrofail said:

This thread just keeps popping up to taunt me! Anybody know of a distributor in North Texas? I can't find it anywhere. 

i'll ask the guys about distributors in the states. but it might be tough. the new one won't be there for some time as only released here tomorrow and i can't imagine too much of the old one floating around. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ken Gargett said:

i'll ask the guys about distributors in the states. but it might be tough. the new one won't be there for some time as only released here tomorrow and i can't imagine too much of the old one floating around. 

Thanks Ken. 

I know K&L still has it in California and some distributors in New York. Unfortunately, the US has pretty strict laws forbidding interstate sale and shipment of distilled liquor. Blah blah blah. 

• JohnS changed the title to Four Pillars Bloody Shiraz Gin - 2018 release

Just cracked open my bottle. It's fairly good stuff and very refreshing over ice. If you bought regular Bombay Sapphire or Tanqueray and mixed in a bit of blood orange, creme de cassis, and orange peel, you'd pretty much get the same thing IMO. It's nothing overly complex, but tasty for sure.

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/31/2018 at 9:57 AM, retrofail said:

Thanks Ken. 

I know K&L still has it in California and some distributors in New York. Unfortunately, the US has pretty strict laws forbidding interstate sale and shipment of distilled liquor. Blah blah blah. 

finally got a note from them - 

Nowhere in Texas but widely available in NY and CA – good delivery options out of Astor Wine and Spirits in NY and K&L wines and spirits in CA. There are some strange rules about shipping spirits but will leave with him to sort out

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ken Gargett said:

finally got a note from them - 

Nowhere in Texas but widely available in NY and CA – good delivery options out of Astor Wine and Spirits in NY and K&L wines and spirits in CA. There are some strange rules about shipping spirits but will leave with him to sort out

Thanks for reaching out for me Ken. 

• 2 months later...
On 5/31/2018 at 5:39 PM, dangolf18 said:

K&L also had these....
8c3ecb7d77d5ea3dd69ef06c06c53fe6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I finally popped over to K&L to pick up a bottle of Bloody Shiraz. That shelf still looks the same—plenty of bottles left.

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, bpm32 said:

I finally popped over to K&L to pick up a bottle of Bloody Shiraz. That shelf still looks the same—plenty of bottles left.

Yea I can't say Gin is that popular here in the US. Over in the UK and Spain, it's a whole other story lol.