World Cup - No Group of Death?

MoeFOH

Don't think I've ever seen a World Cup without one, till now. Usually there's one group stacked with 3 giants. Good to see, I guess; should make the finals stage even bigger. 

Although, as an Aussie, I guess there's always a group of death if we make it--whichever one we're in. 

3 hours ago, MoeFOH said:

Don't think I've ever seen a World Cup without one, till now. Usually there's one group stacked with 3 giants. Good to see, I guess; should make the finals stage even bigger. 

Although, as an Aussie, I guess there's always a group of death if we make it--whichever one we're in. 

my thoughts exactly. there will be one and we'll be in it. mind you, the other teams won't see it as a group of death but an easy ride to the next round. but at least the fans will be able to spend 4 years bitching about how we were dudded - think about cahill being sent off and the italian disaster. both of which made no difference to the deserved result. 

• Like 1

On 31/05/2018 at 3:49 PM, Ken Gargett said:

my thoughts exactly. there will be one and we'll be in it. mind you, the other teams won't see it as a group of death but an easy ride to the next round. but at least the fans will be able to spend 4 years bitching about how we were dudded - think about cahill being sent off and the italian disaster. both of which made no difference to the deserved result. 

compelling arguments here: https://thebrag.com/why-australia-will-win-world-cup/ 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, cookj1 said:

Oh man do I feel depressed right now.  That was one hell of a run.  The lads played their hearts out.  

Sad to see them go out, indeed. However, they are a young team and, hopefully, this is just the auspicious beginning they need to spur them on to greater things in future. 

Nice to see such pride in the jersey again.

• Like 1