Partagas Serie D No. 4 Bands

Arctic Dude

At some point I thought I came across some discussion re: the bands on this cigar having some kind of maker's mark on them from the printer. This, I thought I remember hearing, was a way to help distinguish the real deal D4's from their cheeky counterfeit cohorts?!?!  Anyone else hear this...or just more hogwash??? 

32 minutes ago, Derboesekoenig said:

These get counterfeited?? Wow is it even worth it? They aren't that expensive

Ok, they're not in the Cohiba range but come on. Here in Sweden a PSD4 goes for about $15 per stick and it's the highest selling Cuban Robusto world wide. I'd say that's more that counterfeit worthy.

As for the topic, I've never heard of it.

58 minutes ago, Cubadust said:

Ok, they're not in the Cohiba range but come on. Here in Sweden a PSD4 goes for about $15 per stick and it's the highest selling Cuban Robusto world wide. I'd say that's more that counterfeit worthy.

As for the topic, I've never heard of it.

I agree that the popularity of this cigar and the extravagant pricing in places with high tobacco taxes makes it a worthwhile target for counterfeiting!! 

I've definitely come across fake Partagas cigars, including D4s and some EL Partagas cigars.  I may have a fake EL Partagas cigar at home that I will try to find, but the fake D4s I've seen were very obviously fake.