Best strategy for packing cigars back from Cuba

markmcc

• 1 month later...

Anyone else have updated trips with traveling from Miami or ATL? Did you get away with a lot or come back with just the right amount? I’m going in October and will be coming back from Cuba through ATL airport then back to Kansas. 

I have had luck with the mobile passport app coming through Ft. Lauderdale. I've used it twice now. Came through last month and the agent didn't ask me any questions whatsoever. All I got was a "thank you" as he handed back my passport.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I think I’m going to def book my return to the US to the ATL airport from Cuba. For the mobile app [mention=5756]BolivarSmoker[/mention] do you think that helped out by using the app? 
Both times I have used it it has been easy. You enter your info into the app and take a pic of yourself. Then there are around five questions you answer. Submit the form when you land in the US and follow the mobile passport signs. No kiosks necessary. First time I used it was last fall and the agent asked if I had any tobacco or alcohol. I just said, "I've got some cigars and some rum." All he said was "ok welcome back."

Second time was last month and as I said before, the agent literally took my passport, looked at it, looked at me, and handed it back with a "thank you." That was it. Both times I had 5-6 boxes, couple bundles customs, couple bottles of rum, etc. Not saying it's fool proof by any means, but it was easy. Plus you get to skip the lines. I also talked to a guy in Havana that had Global Entry. He said it was a breeze. Haven't tried it but am considering joining for future international trips.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk