Your most reliable cigar and your lemons

Currently my most reliable Fonseca#1, my lemon Punch Punch SOM MAR 17 halfway through the box and have only had two that I didn't chuck.

• Like 1

The cigar that was a consistent lemon for me was the Ramon Allones LE with the throwback cigar band. Always bland and tasteless. As I've already gone over my car experience in the previous thread; I'll just share that if you don't want to be driven to calmly walk to your work shed: calmly get a can of gasoline: calmly walk over to your car which is the following make and mode...an Anti-Chrysler - and calmly burn it to a crisp because of ONE MORE breakdown: DON'T get any current day Dodge or Chrysler car.  In police academy when going over car-theft class - the instructors told how car thieves won't even STEAL Chrysler cars. If they do, as Rodney Dangerfield said about his car: when car thieves stole his car he found it later returned to his driveway with a sympathy note and a $50 dollar bill attached...

The cigar that NEVER lets me down is the plain ole' kitchen sink smoke of Jose`L. Piedra - any size

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The RASS runs like a Toyota Corolla (i.e. every time) but drives like a Lotus (how can you not love driving a Lotus).

The Partagas Salomones is the Range Rover of cigars.

My lemon is APU Jul 15 Coloniales. Been smoking through the box for nearly 2 years now, I think there are 4 left. I only recall one as being memorably tasty, the rest have been very blah. The remaining 4 turn 3 years old next month...a small part of me is holding out that something highly unlikely but magical will happen as soon as that threshold is crossed.

My most reliable is a box of MEL Dic 15 HdM Epi 2’s. Each and every one so far has been so incredibly tasty and with an amazing aroma, and they’ve consistently gotten more creamy and smooth over the last year and a half. Somehow, I still have about 10 left. Pretty sure I’m going to shed a tear or two when they’re gone.

• Like 2

PLPC for both. Over the years I've went through I don't know how many boxes and can remember maybe four or five sticks that were plugged or under filled.
But then we have this LEP DIC 2016 box... I can't even call them plugged, they're rock solid. Cement pillars with a cigar wrapper. I've tried ten maybe and been able to smoke through two or three.  

• Like 1

Most reliable - Juan Lopez no. 2. These never let me down for flavour and I haven’t had any major construction issues with them either. 

The lemons - HUHC. I have a box of these from 2016 and not a single one has burned correctly. I’ve dry boxed with no effect. Although I like the HC this box has been nothing but a let down. 

3 hours ago, cigcars said:

The cigar that was a consistent lemon for me was the Ramon Allones LE with the throwback cigar band. Always bland and tasteless. As I've already gone over my car experience in the previous thread; I'll just share that if you don't want to be driven to calmly walk to your work shed: calmly get a can of gasoline: calmly walk over to your car which is the following make and mode...an Anti-Chrysler - and calmly burn it to a crisp because of ONE MORE breakdown: DON'T get any current day Dodge or Chrysler car.  In police academy when going over car-theft class - the instructors told how car thieves won't even STEAL Chrysler cars. If they do, as Rodney Dangerfield said about his car: when car thieves stole his car he found it later returned to his driveway with a sympathy note and a $50 dollar bill attached...

The cigar that NEVER lets me down is the plain ole' kitchen sink smoke of Jose`L. Piedra - any size

Same here...for the cigars that is. Oh wait...I once rented a Talbot (which was a UK subsidiary of Chrysler) Horizon back in the 1980s. It didn't break down on me (probably coz I only rented it for a day) but I can categorically say it was the worst car I have ever driven, and I've driven quite a few. Even a Citroen 2CV was more fun to drive than that Horizon!

• Haha 1

Most reliable would have to be either BPC or Le hoyo du depute. 

Lemons I would have to say unfortunately Partagas Lusitania's. I love the flavor but they are either completely plugged or the second half won't burn.

I was gonna say the Party Shorts, but a couple of the last boxes I cracked have had some really bitter cigars, which was a bit surprising considering they've got 4 years on them already. All in all, I've never been even slightly disappointed with a Party Lusitania, so that would really have to be my choice.

Lemon, the Montecristo Double Edmundo. Never smoked a slightly decent one... always a flavourless mess.

Most reliable: Bolivar tubos #2 - Rock star cigar for me.  Not for everyone.

Lemon: Bolivar Royal Coronas - Somehow, I cannot find one I like.  Aged, fresh, dark wrapper, light wrapper, oily wrapper, dull wrapper...they just disappoint.  I have stopped trying.  Don't think it is worth my time, there are so many great cigars to smoke.  Rock star cigar for many, not for me.

• Like 1

My most consistent have been the monte especial no 2.

Lemons, Hoyo epi especial. generally fireproof wrappers and more or less requiring touch ups ever 45 seconds, and  generally they explode. 

Lemons- juan lopez 2, upman 2, cohiba lancero
Stellar- punch punch, la punta, siglo 1, Don Alejandro, rass, coro

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

13 hours ago, mt1 said:

The RASS runs like a Toyota Corolla (i.e. every time) but drives like a Lotus (how can you not love driving a Lotus).

The Partagas Salomones is the Range Rover of cigars.

I like all three car lines...  Now what?

• Like 2

Reliable - Monte 4 & BPC. Just simply straightforward sticks. 

Lemons - Principe (I haven't had one I liked), RASCC (I know, crazy right?), Monte 2s (I don't get the hype)

Really, I think what it boils down to is that I started buying cigars based on what everyone else thought was good before I knew what I liked myself. I might be the only person on the board that doesn't care for the RASCC though. 

• Like 1