FOH: A Week In Pictures.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Great wedding weekend! My dad turns 90 in July, my mum 85 this year. They danced away until closing time.  Ben and Hattie were magnificent. My youngest Brother Rick (left) went "to town

Had a good fall steelhead trip recently. Went 13 for 13 on steelhead in 2 and a half days. Excellent weather! The young angler James was successful as well!

Went to Cuba, smoked good cigars, ate good food, saw cool stuff.

On 10/22/2018 at 12:15 AM, El Presidente said:

Spanish Croquettes

One of my all time favourites, if you ever get the chance to try the Jamaican version, go for it!  it's basically exactly the same, but you just run a bit of Scott bonnet pepper, thyme, and finely sliced spring onion/scallion through the mix

This recipe must be as old as the slave trade, as i'm assuming thats why it exists distinctly in these two spots. 

Ackee-and-Saltfish-Fritters-1-4-989x1024.jpg

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, 99call said:

One of my all time favourites, if you ever get the chance to try the Jamaican version, go for it!  it's basically exactly the same, but you just run a bit of Scott bonnet pepper, thyme, and finely sliced spring onion/scallion through the mix

This recipe must be as old as the slave trade, as i'm assuming thats why it exists distinctly in these two spots. 

Ackee-and-Saltfish-Fritters-1-4-989x1024.jpg

Looks fantastic :clap:

1 hour ago, nsills said:

Weekend trip to Mexico City was lovely but too short!

How's Mexico City?  Did you go to the race?  My wife and I have talked about visiting there for a couple of days.  Would you recommend visiting?

3 hours ago, BrightonCorgi said:

How's Mexico City?  Did you go to the race?  My wife and I have talked about visiting there for a couple of days.  Would you recommend visiting?

It's an amazing city, with lots to see. Some areas have an old world Spanish Colonial feel, others are more modern chic and there are also very rural, culturally significant areas. I would definitely recommend going! Here's a short-list of places to pick from: 

• Pyramids of the Sun and Moon (Teotihuacan)
  • Chapultepec Castle (and Park)
  • Angel of Independence
  • Frida Khalo's House
  • La Condesa/Polanco
  • Historic Center
  • Great Pyramid of Tenochtitlán
  • Floating Gardens of Xochimilco

I did not go to the race, but that would explain why the airport was so packed at 5am Saturday :rolleyes: . We attended a wedding in more rural Texcoco at some 500 year-old hacienda. If you're up for some INSANE barbacoa, look for El Pica I in La Purificación just outside the city. Lastly, don't forget to pick up a box of Edmundo Dantes Conde Belicoso at the airport, they are phenomenal albiet pricey. Not sure how much longer they will last but there were still plenty of boxes in stock there. There a couple of LCDHs in town.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1