FOH: A Week In Pictures.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Great wedding weekend! My dad turns 90 in July, my mum 85 this year. They danced away until closing time.  Ben and Hattie were magnificent. My youngest Brother Rick (left) went "to town

Had a good fall steelhead trip recently. Went 13 for 13 on steelhead in 2 and a half days. Excellent weather! The young angler James was successful as well!

Went to Cuba, smoked good cigars, ate good food, saw cool stuff.

On 1/19/2019 at 1:09 AM, crking3 said:

a6a0c05e627e0736f5bc5a5739f13148.jpg

Huge accomplishment for me ...a lot of hard work went into this!

Good job!  Are you already in the Security sector of IT?  I've worked in that sector for about 9 years now.

On 1/19/2019 at 6:21 PM, OZCUBAN said:

My last stick of the PL LE Robusto what a fantastic cigar excellent ?

B22F0CA3-6922-48F5-9495-3F201C626A6E.jpeg

You can't go wrong with that bottle!

• Like 1

Sorry guys I just realised I hadn't posted up the winners over Christmas :lookaround: it's been a bit crazy lately 

Anyway the way the winners are

@kwsaw63

@ha_banos 

@LonesomeHabanoAficionado

Guys shoot me your details to [email protected] and I will get your samplers out to you sometime next week as I am actually on holidays this week and not in the office

Lisa 

25 minutes ago, First Lady said:

Sorry guys I just realised I hadn't posted up the winners over Christmas :lookaround: it's been a bit crazy lately 

@kwsaw63

@ha_banos 

Guys shoot me your details to [email protected] and I will get your samplers out to you sometime next week as I am actually on holidays this week and not in the office

Lisa 

Thanks Lisa! Email sent.

Busy week...
Tuesday and Wednesday were Sam Smith at Oracle Arena in Oakland and SAP Center San Jose.
SS.thumb.jpg.45f1c49df5009a18ec8f9035f36b5e2b.jpg

Thursday was Shakira on the last show of her world tour at the arena in San Jose
SHAK.thumb.jpg.aa07f4d0c67116f68651468363edfd0e.jpg

I had Friday off and loaded in Dave Matthews Band this morning at Shoreline Amphitheater in Mountain View
DMB.jpg.ca30abe9873c043b6fc5a5cb7c97389a.thumb.jpg.56ac03b6ff1dc19368cc1c4040d130a6.jpg

Dream Job!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

9 hours ago, Jal154 said:

Smoking room/patio half the way there. Laid a new concrete slab, screened it in..........It’s getting there, still have to put up my outside gate, some patio furniture with cushions(getting rid of the table), lighting and a partial covering on top for those rainy days.

9AAE4DA6-0549-4257-9297-7B37DE8BE941.jpeg

Sweet! I've done the same with my patio area and screened it off. Just need to finalise a few things (outdoor kitchen, staircase railing) before it is complete.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 1/23/2019 at 10:29 AM, First Lady said:

@kwsaw63

@ha_banos 

Lisa 

Sweet! I will email asap for claiming the reward! I did not expect that I would get a free sampler as a reward ?

Bestari.thumb.jpg.a2076c4c3100095cdb67198e45e1fc5a.jpg

Since I fed up of having the same meal all the time, I decided to go out for eating Malaysian cuisines at the nearest restaurant alongside with buying some ingredients for livestock.

92559369_LadyGreyTea.thumb.jpg.ffa839033bd03cb16230dd5dc51a5502.jpg

And after that, I decided to have a tea time with Lady Grey Tea as a pastime ?.

• Like 2

On 1/23/2019 at 4:22 PM, pgwdaddy said:

Hahaha....You would think....When Maroon 5 came to Oakland, there were a lot of super green stagehands and after a couple of hours of pushing cases, humping stage decks, pulling hundreds of feet of feeder wire and socopex, the look on their faces said "I had no idea it was this much work..." It seems there's this trend of huge stages extending almost to the back of the arena, usually to a B-stage where the band can be better seem by those at the back of the arena with cheaper tickets...

The other day, called to the San Jose convention center to set up some bleachers for some sort of exhibition for NHL All Star Weekend. Looks like maybe some roller hockey or something...

1936893195_NHLAllStar.thumb.jpg.3b1966343900007055862bbc1b8dd879.jpg

Dream Job! emoji7.pngemoji7.pngemoji7.png

I can only imagine. Never had that experience to that scale. Worked a couple of small venue concerts where all the real work was done. I helped move monitors, run mics and work behind FOH. One day though. You gotta love it hate it and take all of it that comes with.

18 hours ago, pgwdaddy said:

I can only imagine. Never had that experience to that scale. Worked a couple of small venue concerts where all the real work was done. I helped move monitors, run mics and work behind FOH. One day though. You gotta love it hate it and take all of it that comes with. emoji23.png

It's pretty cool seeing how the most high end productions are put together. What's impressive to me is the management of the whole production. For the Beyonce/Jay z stadium concert, the entire production, 55 semi trucks worth, was taken down and packed up in a little over 4 hours by a small army of about 200 stagehands. Most arena shows that run 15-20 trucks of gear go up in 4-5 hours and are taken down in around 3 by a little over 100 stagehands.

I was lucky to get into it when I did. I established my spot in the hierarchy right before the overhire list exploded when Wrestlemania and the Superbowl came to Levi's stadium. I'm number 180 out of 400 on the work referral list and beyond that is the vast ocean of about 1500 on the overhire list.

• Like 1