FOH: A Week In Pictures.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Great wedding weekend! My dad turns 90 in July, my mum 85 this year. They danced away until closing time.  Ben and Hattie were magnificent. My youngest Brother Rick (left) went "to town

Had a good fall steelhead trip recently. Went 13 for 13 on steelhead in 2 and a half days. Excellent weather! The young angler James was successful as well!

Went to Cuba, smoked good cigars, ate good food, saw cool stuff.

On 9/17/2021 at 9:20 AM, teamrandr said:

Having a blast in the Kentucky mountains.   7 mile hike to a beautiful waterfall.  Now relaxing by the fire with a Ex4.  

20210916_115004.jpg

20210916_115204.jpg

20210916_122802.jpg

20210916_133315.jpg

i misread that first time. thought you said now relaxing by the fire with your ex. i thought this has murder mystery written all over it!

• Haha 3

6 hours ago, HDGSN said:
Looking forward to celebrating the arrival of my son (9/15/21) once we get through the first few weeks.
Going to celebrate with a 2001 Partagas Churchill from @HarveyBoulevard and some big pours of Jefferson’s Presidential Select 18.

Congratulations!

YNWA!

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

6 hours ago, HDGSN said:

Looking forward to celebrating the arrival of my son (9/15/21) once we get through the first few weeks.

Going to celebrate with a 2001 Partagas Churchill from @HarveyBoulevard and some big pours of Jefferson’s Presidential Select 18.

Congrats to the new addition to your family! But he doesn't look happy. I think he prefers to be in a Manchester United onesie.... :P

On 9/18/2021 at 1:45 PM, HDGSN said:

Going to celebrate with a 2001 Partagas Churchill from @HarveyBoulevard and some big pours of Jefferson’s Presidential Select 18.

3914A2BC-0383-455A-AA30-9E83014D1B8D.jpeg.1df5d57de3e73529d6029b991ade5a65.jpeg

Congrats and enjoy the journey!! That kit  he's got will really validate the "LiverPoo" jab the Everton Fans give ya. Go Everton :)

8 hours ago, Lomey said:

Made some homemade bacon. Half is Apple/Hot Shot and half Cajun/Garlic. Cured for 14 days then cold smoke for 8 hours. Cut up some cubes for pork belly burnt ends out of some trimmings.

What do you use for a cold smoker?  Any pictures or recommendations?  I'd like to get something for this season.

14 hours ago, BrightonCorgi said:

What do you use for a cold smoker?  Any pictures or recommendations?  I'd like to get something for this season.

https://www.amazon.com/stores/page/8BF48BCA-22E4-49D3-B16D-AE190887A0E9?ingress=2&visitId=d72bac58-a0da-4bfd-acbf-3b7853a644c2&ref_=ast_bln

I use the 5x8 one and it will last about 12 hours of smoke.  I have used it in my Weber Kettle, offset smoker, gas grill, but I use it mostly in my Masterbuilt 40.  Any thing that closes with a lid or door will work honestly.  To cold smoke you need to keep the temp under 90 degrees F so I use no heat source with any of the grills/smokers other than the small amount of pellets that create the "cold smoke".  Just get one end lit really good and make sure it gets some oxygen and you are good to go.   I find cold smoking turns out better bacon than hot smoking.  It cooks up better, more crisp.

Let me know if you have any other questions on the whole process.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 9/30/2021 at 11:11 PM, Lomey said:

https://www.amazon.com/stores/page/8BF48BCA-22E4-49D3-B16D-AE190887A0E9?ingress=2&visitId=d72bac58-a0da-4bfd-acbf-3b7853a644c2&ref_=ast_bln

I use the 5x8 one and it will last about 12 hours of smoke.  I have used it in my Weber Kettle, offset smoker, gas grill, but I use it mostly in my Masterbuilt 40.  Any thing that closes with a lid or door will work honestly.  To cold smoke you need to keep the temp under 90 degrees F so I use no heat source with any of the grills/smokers other than the small amount of pellets that create the "cold smoke".  Just get one end lit really good and make sure it gets some oxygen and you are good to go.   I find cold smoking turns out better bacon than hot smoking.  It cooks up better, more crisp.

Let me know if you have any other questions on the whole process.

So you light one end that is filled with pellets and that's it?  I want to cold smoke some salami before it's hung to dry this season.  I also make fresh mozzarella every week and that would be fun to have a smoked one too.

On 10/1/2021 at 1:50 PM, Ken Gargett said:

i hate our premier - vile, hypocritcal dimwit, brains of a toenail - so much. 

We hate your premier too.

At least ours had the good sense to quit before being booted.

So you light one end that is filled with pellets and that's it?  I want to cold smoke some salami before it's hung to dry this season.  I also make fresh mozzarella every week and that would be fun to have a smoked one too.
Yes, it just snakes along slowly. Just make sure it's packed tight and get some oxygen. It's perfect for smoking cheese.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

• Thanks 1