Time of the year for Vans Warped tour...Three stages set up in the parking lot and one downstairs in the Amphitheater where I was.
After a day setting up sound the day before. No lights, since it takes place during the day, and no video because, well, it's punk rock...Stage is split in half, with one band playing a set while the next band sets up on the other half.
20190719_123726.thumb.jpg.5143755128c4ebbf67b066c6003d9612.jpg

Just a couple of pics from my vantage point...Long days, the crew rolls in at 8am to load in bands arriving and set up the first few bands, One band finishes, and the next one immediately starts. 14 bands per day, with each of them doing a 40 minute set. The first night I was out of there at 9pm, but the second night, we had to load out sound, so we were there till 11pm.
WRP1.thumb.jpg.acac743b7cec7ac25564dd66665a606d.jpg
WRP2.thumb.jpg.ce37bb9add4372baaa3b6825a38c010e.jpg
wrp3.thumb.jpg.88758390e2e7212b1e714503b45f864d.jpg

That is one sad attendance level for a Shoreline event :(
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, havanaclub said:

Prez, how did you enjoy the Alberta Premium? You are going all Canadian with the Nortenos and rye emoji6.pngemoji1063.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brilliant match!

Pure fruit cake

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Lotusguy said:

That is one sad attendance level for a Shoreline event :(

Keep in mind that this is one of 4 stages....The headline talent is upstairs on the main stages in the parking lot. The pics you're seeing are solely of my assignment in the  amphitheater with up and coming new bands. Attendance downstairs waxed and waned; There might be a few thousand with certain bands that had rabid followings; like this Japanese band that I thought would be some insane chaotic noise rock but turned out to be a Japanese Emo AFI clone with a rabid following, and next to none for some up and comers. The point of having  the split stage with one band immediately starting after the previous one finished was to showcase as many bands as possible that appeal to the Vans Warped Crowd. 14 bands a day. These bands are barely used to playing in clubs, then touring in a smelly van and are grateful to play to whoever glances at the itinerary and  decided to watch them.

On 7/27/2019 at 11:32 AM, El Presidente said:

20190727_111820.jpg

so chris and i provide cigars and whiskies and you take the pic with no credit or acknowledgement? oh dear...

5 hours ago, Ken Gargett said:

so chris and i provide cigars and whiskies and you take the pic with no credit or acknowledgement? oh dear...

7 hours ago, madandana said:

Went Salmon fishing with the boys a couple weeks ag. Went out of Sturgeon Bay WI. Had a blast.

Nice shirt :party:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, El Presidente said:

In the CO's chair yesterday. Great tour of your ship Chris :clap:

20190728_163903_resized.jpg

@ChanceSchmerr What?! No souvenir captain's cap for Di? The least you could have done was get Rob a sailor's hat to wear around the office!! :lol3:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Fuzz said:

@ChanceSchmerr What?! No souvenir captain's cap for Di? The least you could have done was get Rob a sailor's hat to wear around the office!! :lol3:

i did get one Fuzz I wasn't going to leave the ship without one :clap:

Not sure why Chris wouldn't let me press the big RED button :confused:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, WarriorPrincess said:

i did get one Fuzz I wasn't going to leave the ship without one :clap:

Not sure why Chris wouldn't let me press the big RED button :confused:

Why not?! It's just the Captain's call button for his afternoon tea and biscuits... :rolleyes:

2 hours ago, ElJavi76 said:

My beautiful bride and I spent the weekend in Long Island. Cutchogue and its surroundings to be exact. Vineyards and a lil beach even. Wine isn't great but it's not bad and the scenery is gorgeous. This past Friday marked our 10 year wedding anniversary. I gotta admit I'm a lucky bastard!

I was just in Cutchogue on July 24 with my sister! She lives about a half hour away. Happy anniversary to you guys! Great little diner. It’s there almost 80 years.

96FDA707-1218-46BD-98D1-1709CEBB796D.jpeg

• Like 4

2 hours ago, kevpro said:

Finally getting around to posting some pics from my Cuba trip. Can’t wait to go back!

EC24B7EC-9D8F-4DF8-A1BE-426533D150A5.jpeg

That looks great how was it in the Buick

11 hours ago, Auspaul said:

That looks great how was it in the Buick

It was awesome! We did a tour around Havana and the El Morro castle and was able to smoke Cohiba shorts the whole way. 

• Like 1