FOH: A Week In Pictures.

Next stop was Melbourne where we had a lovely dinner at Vue de Monde (arguably one of the best restaurants in Melbourne). The stand-out for me was the Soufflé which was the best I’ve ever had and we were given a tour of the kitchen at the end of the evening.

E63324BE-FA5E-4033-B030-A7D8C725B44F.jpeg

6DE9809D-9EA2-4111-9751-44A6B976AA97.jpeg

2BBD8EA2-C145-43E5-AB44-CCABC3914207.jpeg

9504EC79-5C91-4689-8999-33F419D3DF1F.jpeg

C39ADCF8-4DF8-4A71-8C23-851532E3732E.jpeg

Whilst in Melbourne we had lunch in St. Kilda’s where I had an excellent yellow fish curry at the Prince of Wales hotel.

3A5BDE9F-5CD9-4162-B9F0-33FDDB4109E0.jpeg

8D72AEFF-8110-4864-AEE4-945A6FAA2C02.jpeg

Last stop was Coolum Beach where I had a nice smoke at the local Surf Club and we celebrated a friend’s 40th birthday party.

1599844F-D36B-475F-BB34-7BB348A5EDE5.jpeg

E5F484CC-A6F5-4212-9BE4-B21DBE3516F5.jpeg

• Like 4

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Great wedding weekend! My dad turns 90 in July, my mum 85 this year. They danced away until closing time.  Ben and Hattie were magnificent. My youngest Brother Rick (left) went "to town

Had a good fall steelhead trip recently. Went 13 for 13 on steelhead in 2 and a half days. Excellent weather! The young angler James was successful as well!

Went to Cuba, smoked good cigars, ate good food, saw cool stuff.

5 minutes ago, kwsaw63 said:

Next stop was Melbourne where we had a lovely dinner at Vue de Monde (arguably one of the best restaurants in Melbourne). The stand-out for me was the Soufflé which was the best I’ve ever had and we were given a tour of the kitchen at the end of the evening.

C39ADCF8-4DF8-4A71-8C23-851532E3732E.jpeg

you picked a couple of the very top places. vue de monde can be stellar. ditto the prince, which if memory serves, has a cracking cellar. 

may i ask, the bloke in the middle of the pic in the dark blue shirt, arms crossed, he looks very familiar. may i ask his name?

21 minutes ago, Ken Gargett said:

so you mean the grampians? 

your timing was terrific. there would be places here that are now nothing but charred stumps and burning logs. 

We were very lucky throughout our whole trip. We missed all the record high temps except for our 1st day in Melbourne when it hit 42c. The rest of the time the daytime temp was between 20c to 29c.

9 minutes ago, Ken Gargett said:

you picked a couple of the very top places. vue de monde can be stellar. ditto the prince, which if memory serves, has a cracking cellar. 

may i ask, the bloke in the middle of the pic in the dark blue shirt, arms crossed, he looks very familiar. may i ask his name?

Doubt you know him Ken. He’s a friend of mine from Belgium (but based in HK) called Raphael.

Vue de Monde we knew and planned for but The Prince of Wales was a happy accident. 

8 minutes ago, Ken Gargett said:

you went through coolum and did not stop in brizzy? 

We flew straight up to the Sunshine Coast from Melbourne. Only drove down to Brisbane to catch our flight back to Singapore. Should I have come and called in on you? ?

10 minutes ago, kwsaw63 said:

We were very lucky throughout our whole trip. We missed all the record high temps except for our 1st day in Melbourne when it hit 42c. The rest of the time the daytime temp was between 20c to 29c.

Doubt you know him Ken. He’s a friend of mine from Belgium (but based in HK) called Raphael.

Vue de Monde we knew and planned for but The Prince of Wales was a happy accident. 

We flew straight up to the Sunshine Coast from Melbourne. Only drove down to Brisbane to catch our flight back to Singapore. Should I have come and called in on you? ?

to be honest, this time of year i am rarely around so you most likely would have missed me, but we have had quite a few of the troops visit the balcony. always fun. 

your friend looks very much like a great mate of mine from melbourne - a federal court judge. not identical but they could just about pass as twins. 

9 hours ago, Joker said:

A little RR in KL

Enjoying a smoke at Pullman Hotel Blu Bar, and view from Vertigo Bar at top of Banyan Hotel next door

B2D1B1C6-EB09-4755-BC03-D0260AA681CB.jpeg

90A55EBA-CA38-416D-8138-22443D2BFCC4.jpeg

Is that a Negroni I see?????

49 minutes ago, madandana said:

Is that a Negroni I see?????

Another fan on the board!

12 minutes ago, Joker said:

?

1 hour ago, Fugu said:

It's a plague, isn't it?  :lol:

Very rare to recieve that sort of exposure,. Normally covered in high swell with minimal access.  We are given 4 Saturdays a year , with an hour on each day. 

• Like 1

On 1/11/2020 at 11:53 PM, westg said:

Very rare to recieve that sort of exposure,. Normally covered in high swell with minimal access.  We are given 4 Saturdays a year , with an hour on each day. 

Guess due to spring-tide two days ago? Looking neat - enjoy them!

• Like 1

Just received Kenfession comp, and I really feel great since I got new cigars I've never tried! Btw, is this Partagas 898 or Lusi? I think it looks like 898 to me. Can't wait to try Monte 1 and Maduro 5 Genios as well!

Kenfession Comp #1Kenfession Comp #2

• Like 4

4 hours ago, LonesomeHabanoAficionado said:

Just received Kenfession comp, and I really feel great since I got new cigars I've never tried! Btw, is this Partagas 898 or Lusi? I think it looks like 898 to me. Can't wait to try Monte 1 and Maduro 5 Genios as well!

Kenfession Comp #1Kenfession Comp #2

That's a Lusi i'm 99.99% sure An 898 has a 43 RG ...Lusi is 49 aka robusto size. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, benfica_77 said:

That's a Lusi i'm 99.99% sure An 898 has a 43 RG ...Lusi is 49 aka robusto size. 

I just measured that Partagas, and found its length is 194mm which is the length of Double Coronas (measured others too, and they're 165mm (Cervantes), 140mm (Genios). So, it is Lusitanias not 898 as you said mate (JohnS also told me this Partagas is Lusi not 898) ?! Thanks for your assistance!

• Like 1

On 1/9/2020 at 8:45 AM, Joker said:

A little RR in KL

Enjoying a smoke at Pullman Hotel Blu Bar, and view from Vertigo Bar at top of Banyan Hotel next door

90A55EBA-CA38-416D-8138-22443D2BFCC4.jpeg

Love KL. Great food and quite cigar friendly!

I just received Boveda 320g 65 Pack. As soon as I opened the box, I felt shock and awe, since 320g pack was way bigger than I thought (and 60g pack's) ! So, I put 60g Boveda pack into surplus Ziploc bag from past FOH orders, and decided to use 320g Boveda pack only.

709324818_SuperBoveda320gPack.thumb.jpg.d6934f166003c95904fd53ac7eff0d80.jpg

• Like 1