FOH: A Week In Pictures.

10 hours ago, Cletus said:

Colorado has 53 mountains above 14,000 feet known as the '14ers'.  One of these, Mount Evans, is paved all the way to the top.  This year the road is closed to vehicles so I decided to ride my bike to the top

I can't walk up a hill past 12,000 without wanting to faint.

• Like 1

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Great wedding weekend! My dad turns 90 in July, my mum 85 this year. They danced away until closing time.  Ben and Hattie were magnificent. My youngest Brother Rick (left) went "to town

Had a good fall steelhead trip recently. Went 13 for 13 on steelhead in 2 and a half days. Excellent weather! The young angler James was successful as well!

Went to Cuba, smoked good cigars, ate good food, saw cool stuff.

1 hour ago, StogieSteve23 said:

Pretty quick turnaround there! Always nice to get a project like that done so fast. Albeit, if you have people who know what there doing on the job, it goes smoothly (for the most part). 

Yeah, it always seems to take 95% of the time to finish the last 10% though....

Looks good Fuzz!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, StogieSteve23 said:

Pretty quick turnaround there! Always nice to get a project like that done so fast. Albeit, if you have people who know what there doing on the job, it goes smoothly (for the most part). 

7 hours ago, Habana Mike said:

Looks good Fuzz!

At the moment, 3 weeks seems like a helluva long way away! ?

All the cabinets were delivered this afternoon. Filled one of my garages and the rest are in the kitchen/lounge room. They will start replacing the plasterboard tomorrow and installing some new bedroom cabinets I decided to add. All the repairs and kitchen cabinets should be done by Wed arvo, then installation of new appliances (except the induction cook top) on Thur.

• Like 2

On 7/12/2020 at 11:55 AM, Cletus said:

Colorado has 53 mountains above 14,000 feet known as the '14ers'.  One of these, Mount Evans, is paved all the way to the top.  This year the road is closed to vehicles so I decided to ride my bike to the top -- along with a few hundred other cyclists.

I started at Echo Lake, elevation 10,600 feet.

At the top, elevation 14,265 feet

50104805191_190bdb2dfe_c.jpg%22%20width=

That's a badass ride.  I lived in Ward which was around 9,600 feet and was amazed at the riders that got up there from Boulder....and you went basically started at that level...impressive!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SigmundChurchill said:

I spend a lot of time in Vail.  On the contrary, the smoking rules are very lenient.  You can smoke everywhere.

.....oh wait.....

...you were talking about cigars.

Sad but so true!

16 hours ago, StogieSteve23 said:

Played quite poorly but always an enjoyable getting Old Marsh.  Classic Pete Dye. 

Amazing looking course!  Hopefully @GVan and I can get out there someday!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Devo said:

Amazing looking course!  Hopefully @GVan and I can get out there someday!

You guys would love it! By no means easy but always excellent shape and a great layout. Fairways were a bit "rough" after having some maintenance done but the greens were glass.. 

• Like 1

On 7/12/2020 at 6:57 PM, Fuzz said:

Started the kitchen renovation today. 

20200712_210405.jpg.7553bdb2d59d81a8e71d518e3d885df6.jpg

Dismantling has gone well. Nearly everything came out without being damaged. Only one break in the granite (clean break, so it can be glued back without a seam) and the carcass took some damaged (sacrificed to preserve the granite).

Everything gone now. Bye-bye old kitchen! You have served us well for 25 years.

20200713_110325.jpg.68114c818382a51f585ebf8d33904404.jpg

On 7/12/2020 at 9:32 PM, Habana Mike said:

Looks good Fuzz!

We started our kitchen renovation May 22 - hopefully we will be back up and running next week. It's been a long month washing dishes in the tub and microwaving food :(

Any updates, how'd you turn out? This is our second kitchen remodel - we also did one in our last house (2016) and have done custom cabinets both times, and it seems there is always a trim piece or two that they forgot to make or need to remake that sticks out like a sore thumb!

Picture is from the kitchen we did in 2016

kit2016.jpg

• Like 4

16 hours ago, BrightonCorgi said:

Just got a dedicated fridge for fragrances.  May sound a little odd, but fragrances is a little bit of a collectable for us.  Those who are serious or have a decent dollar amount invested often store their fragrances in a fridge.  Finally got around to buying one for ours.  We are big into Frederic Malle or different Arabic brands of fragrances.

Are these fragrances for the body or the room or maybe something else? As a collector, do you actually spray them around occasionally? 

5 hours ago, Meklown said:

Are these fragrances for the body or the room or maybe something else? As a collector, do you actually spray them around occasionally? 

For the body, but the room gets some of the residual.  I don't spray them around the room.  She may...

We burn agar wood in the house for that kind of scent.  Small piece on charcoal can fill the house for a couple of hours.  Smell like Oud.

agar wood.jpg

• Like 4