FOH: A Week In Pictures.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Great wedding weekend! My dad turns 90 in July, my mum 85 this year. They danced away until closing time.  Ben and Hattie were magnificent. My youngest Brother Rick (left) went "to town

Had a good fall steelhead trip recently. Went 13 for 13 on steelhead in 2 and a half days. Excellent weather! The young angler James was successful as well!

Went to Cuba, smoked good cigars, ate good food, saw cool stuff.

1 hour ago, El Presidente said:

Lunch with the team.

Big team! Young team. And then there's Ken...

Is Moe hitting on Lisa?

Where have you hidden Smithy?

On 2/11/2019 at 10:49 PM, WhiteMamba said:

Enjoyed a visit from @Fatshotbud

C29321CE-4A9B-4B9A-BD90-29C3941264F1.jpeg

A004DB88-AD66-4F57-B6C0-B54F0D1C94C8.jpeg

D84E29E4-CC8B-461F-AFA6-50E118CAEF53.jpeg

Sick chess set!  Made or bought?

On 3/4/2019 at 1:52 PM, BrightonCorgi said:

Made salami over the weekend.  Did two kinds; fennel and calabrian hot pepper.  It takes about two days for the starter culture to inoculate in the heating box and for the ph to lower.  Once that is achieved, they are hung for a month or so.  The large ones are about 7 lb each and take longer to cure.  It was a big pain to do them all.   Some real effort to say the least.  A lot of cutting, freezing, grinding, mixing, stuffing etc...

salami2.JPG

salami.JPG

salam3.JPG

That’s some wine cellar!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

On 6/29/2020 at 10:39 AM, ElJavi76 said:

The only time I've ridden without a helmet was in Rhode Island over a weekend trip and it felt so weird. Interesting... You can hear things rattle and shake on the bike you never heard before. They're noisy machines. When I see movies and guys on bikes going 80 mph and no eyewear I'm like that's total BS. Go 30 mph without shades on and your eyes are tearing immediately. 

Thanks @StogieSteve23 Steve! Appreciate the sentiment. The first thing you learn when you take the motorcycle safety course is SIPDE. If you've done it you know what I'm talking about. The claim is that the brain activity of a motorcyclist rivals that of a fighter pilot. There is a lot of info coming in thru the senses and decisions must be made in seconds if not sooner. I will say... There's very little that compares to the adrenaline rush of going 140 mph on a sport bike, from my experiences. Btw it's known that motorcycle speedometers lie. We're never really going "that" fast, but it's fun to see it on the dash.

On 6/29/2020 at 10:46 AM, SigmundChurchill said:

When I used to ride, I always wore a helmet, eve in states where it wasn't required.  But it always struck me as crazy that the people in FL don't wear helmets, even with all of the old people driving around.  

Back when I first started riding, the thing that took me the longest time to learn is that scratching my helmet does not relieve the itch on my head.

On 6/29/2020 at 3:29 PM, ElJavi76 said:

Sorry to hear about your friend, Steve. Condolences to his friends and his family.

Riding is fun but you always have to consider the fact that your life isn't just in your hands. You're sharing the road... Which is why you have to assume every driver is a complete idiot. The worst thing that happens is a good Samaritan waving you to turn when they're across from you but you weren't ready. I never accept on a bike. I had 1 spill my first year riding and thank God I've never spilled again. I move when I'm ready to move. Laying on your back in the middle of the street while cars whiz by at 50 mph without a care. Nobody stopped to even ask if I was ok. It's like many other dangerous hobbies... Gotta be responsible with your toys. 

@SigmundChurchill I try to scratch my head all the time. LoL My other fav on a bike is the infamous 2 fingers down salute... Except guys on cruisers don't always reciprocate for some reason. I guess, crotch rocket = no bueno.

Rode a Harley for the first time in Mexico with no helmet, rear end locked up as I was braking for a light.  Then I got the death wobble, but I was able to recover by just releasing the brake and reapplying.  ATGATT since that time!  I don’t recall SIPDE, but I just ride as if everyone/everything is trying to kill me haha

On 6/29/2020 at 4:23 PM, SigmundChurchill said:

Guys on cruisers claim that guys on "rice burners" don't reciprocate, so I guess it works both ways.  I guess a good start toward better communication and mutual respect would be for them to stop calling them rice burners.  I'm not about to tell a Hells Angel that, but if you feel up to it, let me know how he responds as soon as you are able to type again.

Yes Steve, my condolences on your friend.

I give 2 down to everything on two wheels, even trikes and bicycles!  I like when it’s reciprocated, but even if it wasn’t, I would still enjoy doing it.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, maverickdrinker said:

Bought a used projection screen for $30.00 today. Set it up in the garage so I can watch the NBA playoffs and smoke cigars!
b2735fac790a78745ac57e020cf0d2da.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice. I used to use my projector for watching movies. Back in 2006, the Benq PE8700 DLP projector was one of the best on the market. Paired it with a top of the line motorised 115" projector screen and Bose Lifestyle 12 series II sound system. Nowadays, all are considered antiques. Always thought I'd upgrade the projector, but with TVs getting bigger and better, I never got motivated enough. Plus, the cost is ridiculous.

On 7/28/2020 at 5:15 PM, fungi said:

I did the 40 mile loop around Mount Hood this weekend. I left Timberline Lodge at 8:30 AM Friday and arrived back at 9:30 PM Saturday night.

IMG_20200725_152101736_HDR.jpg

Climbed that Mountain many times.  I was there during "the" day where all went wrong ending with the rescue helicopter crashing into the mountain.  Awesome climb.

• Like 3

On 8/16/2020 at 10:56 PM, DBNInc said:

Sick chess set!  Made or bought?

That’s some wine cellar!

Got it in Berlin a good while back

• Thanks 1