FOH: A Week In Pictures.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Great wedding weekend! My dad turns 90 in July, my mum 85 this year. They danced away until closing time.  Ben and Hattie were magnificent. My youngest Brother Rick (left) went "to town

Had a good fall steelhead trip recently. Went 13 for 13 on steelhead in 2 and a half days. Excellent weather! The young angler James was successful as well!

Went to Cuba, smoked good cigars, ate good food, saw cool stuff.

The Amazon haul which I ordered on last Sunday arrived to my house in the morning. I was surprised that it only took five days to receive the package, which was absolutely unexpected from AmazonGlobal Standard Shipping (being carried by Asiana Airlines ORD-ICN direct flight luckily). What a swift international delivery I have ever got ?!

PerfecDraw and Goon Grease

For PerfecDraw, it was slightly heavier than I thought when I grabbed it for inspection. It packed in the fancy box with foam, instruction QR code, and Cigar Trophy Award for Best Accessory of 2018 sticker on the lid. I immediately thought it looked liked small version of marshmellow stick due to its shape. I am really eager to try this mighty popular cigar tool ?!

PerfecDraw #1PerfecDraw #2PerfecDraw #3

For Goon Grease, its color looked like candela cigar's green wrapper, which reminded me of a cabbage. As soon as I opened the tin, it smelled with fresh manly wood and citrus aromas with slight cucumber note (picked Citrus Cologne). I always had complaints for being helmet head, prone to sweat, and low shine every time I use Layrite Superhold water based pomade (A.K.A. gel pomade due to being hardened like hair gel). Since it is strong hold and high shine oil based pomade, I cannot wait to use that legendary oil based pomade ?!

Goon Grease #1Goon Grease #2

Note.

1. The only thing that I felt bit unhappy is there are some minor damages on Goon Grease tin.
  2. I did not know that there are micro breweries in pomade industry like beers too.
  • Like 4

9 hours ago, Connoisseur Kim said:

and here's the result of Lockhart's Goon Grease pomade on my hair with review:

Goon Grease #3

All I'm hearing from this pic is.... Brylcreem! A little dab'll do ya!

Reminds me of the days when my grandfather would dip his comb into the Brylcreem jar and comb his hair.

• Haha 3

11 minutes ago, Fuzz said:

All I'm hearing from this pic is.... Brylcreem! A little dab'll do ya!

Reminds me of the days when my grandfather would dip his comb into the Brylcreem jar and comb his hair.

Yes it is @Fuzz! Brylcreem can do the same thing too, but not sure about hold though ?

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/31/2020 at 9:23 AM, GVan said:

Went with my son and son-in-law to play The Pete Dye Course at French Lick, Indiana.  About a 2.5 hour drive for 36 holes that is really worth it!  If you get to Indiana, I highly recommend you find a way to French Lick (Home of Larry Bird) - the conditions and elevation changes make for a truly spectacular and humbling couple of rounds of golf.

First hole tee shot:

First par 3 playing 168 yards with a tough 15 mph right to left wind:

The boys on #9 tee:  @Devo in the center, son Bill on the right -  I'm the good looking one on the left!  I think they smoked about 8 cigars during the rounds.

Very cool par 4 - better hit a draw off the tee and don't go left on the second shot!

Where I spent part of my day - Pete really likes close cut runoffs .....

Looks like a great time!! Hope you and @Devo kept it in the short grass! Did you get to play Erin Hills while you were out there?? 

On 9/9/2020 at 2:21 AM, SigmundChurchill said:

I had an extended Labor Day Weekend at the beach.  I played Sebonack Golf Club with my brother-in-law, my nephew, and a family friend.  The whole course was absolutely breathtaking.  Each hole was more beautiful than the next.

Beautiful.  Sebonack is on my bucket list.  Looks like a perfect 10 day out there.  

• Like 1

14 hours ago, StogieSteve23 said:

Looks like a great time!! Hope you and @Devo kept it in the short grass! Did you get to play Erin Hills while you were out there?? 

Beautiful.  Sebonack is on my bucket list.  Looks like a perfect 10 day out there.  

Did not - but managed to play many other nice courses.  The first week was just visiting with family but, 12 rounds over the next two weeks - not bad!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GVan said:

Did not - but managed to play many other nice courses.  The first week was just visiting with family but, 12 rounds over the next two weeks - not bad!

12 rounds in two weeks? Sounds like a hell of a golf trip! 

• Thanks 1