FOH: A Week In Pictures.

19 hours ago, Benson said:

Sorry I cant figure out picture orientation, and I may be fudging it a bit since this is week before last but I asked my girlfriend of 3 years to marry me while on a hike during perfect fall weather in New England and life has been too busy to post until now.

Mazel Tov to the both of you!

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Great wedding weekend! My dad turns 90 in July, my mum 85 this year. They danced away until closing time.  Ben and Hattie were magnificent. My youngest Brother Rick (left) went "to town

Had a good fall steelhead trip recently. Went 13 for 13 on steelhead in 2 and a half days. Excellent weather! The young angler James was successful as well!

Went to Cuba, smoked good cigars, ate good food, saw cool stuff.

Sorry I cant figure out picture orientation, and I may be fudging it a bit since this is week before last but I asked my girlfriend of 3 years to marry me while on a hike during perfect fall weather in New England and life has been too busy to post until now.

Had a nice treat of Veuve on a bench outside the park and then a 2018 Epi 2 at home. 

ring is worth double my cigar collection easy but damned if it isn’t a good investment all the same

Cheers gents hope you all are enjoying life’s changes big or small

8E26F244-3158-4A4F-8EDB-B04DB52C5022.jpeg.86f2bd15e50d462550806d90c2a36624.jpeg

Congrats! At least the champagne isn't running sideways out of the glasses ;)

• Haha 3

Had a nice treat of Veuve on a bench outside the park and then a 2018 Epi 2 at home. 

ring is worth double my cigar collection easy but damned if it isn’t a good investment all the same

68E03DCC-6A30-464B-BEFF-6E675A38F662.jpeg.0588b3357b52d0ecb4bbacc477a20389.jpeg

hey congrats and best wishes!!

and it's a great investment :)

13 hours ago, Benson said:

Congratulations on your engagement! Best of healthy and happiness to you both. 

H Upmann magnum 50 (49NRW)20201122_144614.jpg.ce5a037d3c6558d28d3cc48fe53f3b5a.jpg

Writing motions last afternoon and this was my companion. Wrapper popped early on, but it thankfully didn't completely unravel. Underfilling toward the head causes it to go out in the final third and finish on a lackluster note. 20201122_153421.jpg.ac48b56f7b3f812a5238ffd0fba3bb5c.jpg20201122_162342.jpg.39352c3581de2f02b0270d4355ad6520.jpg

• Like 4

68E03DCC-6A30-464B-BEFF-6E675A38F662.jpeg.0588b3357b52d0ecb4bbacc477a20389.jpeg8E26F244-3158-4A4F-8EDB-B04DB52C5022.jpeg.86f2bd15e50d462550806d90c2a36624.jpeg

Congratulations on the engagement, here's to many years of happiness!

8 hours ago, dominattorney said:

This was a tough week. My wife's oldest son got into a car crash and is living with us to convalesce. Thankfully he will fully recover, yet its no fun to have to wait on an adult hand and foot for two weeks while you also rush to finish significant work on a deadline. 

This cigar was a chocolate bomb. Couldn't fault it from start to finish. 

Thoughts and prayers to you and your family.  Praying for a speedy & healthy recovery. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, StogieSteve23 said:

Thoughts and prayers to you and your family.  Praying for a speedy & healthy recovery. 

Thank you @StogieSteve23. Thankfully, it was only bad enough to teach him a lesson about paying attention while driving.  He is already walking around and making jokes so all systems are to for him to be back to normal by the end of January. 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, dominattorney said:

Thank you @StogieSteve23. Thankfully, it was only bad enough to teach him a lesson about paying attention while driving.  He is already walking around and making jokes so all systems are to for him to be back to normal by the end of January. 

You live and you learn.  Glad to hear it was not more serious.  

13 minutes ago, ChangBang said:

Bolivar Royal Corona 5.5/10

Nice to see actual grades that are honest. You must be new to reviews ??

In cigar reviews 70/100 means you got violently ill from the cigar ???

If you check the other reviews someone reviewed one of those gave it 90/100 and said they wouldn't spend their own money on it... I was confused and I'm used to the crazy scale. I just stopped putting numbers to my reviews.

There's a guy who does 0/1 scale of whether it was good or bad. That's not bad. Maybe I'll do a 0-5/5 star scale going forward as that is what is used by Cuban cigar website.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Bijan said:

Nice to see actual grades that are honest. You must be new to reviews ??

In cigar reviews 70/100 means you got violently ill from the cigar ???

If you check the other reviews someone reviewed one of those gave it 90/100 and said they wouldn't spend their own money on it... I was confused and I'm used to the crazy scale. I just stopped putting numbers to my reviews.

There's a guy who does 0/1 scale of whether it was good or bad. That's not bad. Maybe I'll do a 0-5/5 star scale going forward as that is what is used by Cuban cigar website.

Haha yea I see reviews that just rag a cigar saying its near unsmokeable and they give it a 85?  Just start the scale at 85 then lol, wonder what a 0/100 would be?  Poison? 

For me the 0/1 scale is too vague, I certainly don't remember all the cigars I smoke and want a better record to see what I want to either not buy, buy a 6er, buy a discounted box, or buy a box at regular price.  I did the 0/5 scale too but too many ties so I was having to do a bunch of decimals which was annoying.  0-10 works for me for now!  

17 hours ago, Bijan said:

Embargo, Herzl Beer (Jerusalem?).

Does it actually contain tobacco, or just that sort of flavour?

I really don’t know. Little info about it out there. I made a separate post describing flavor etc. very yummy!

• Like 1

I’m sure this has made the FOH board before, but the li’l bastard looks so much like me! ?

C4DAF3D6-F35E-409E-84C2-E834B8780F35.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 2