FOH: A Week In Pictures.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Great wedding weekend! My dad turns 90 in July, my mum 85 this year. They danced away until closing time.  Ben and Hattie were magnificent. My youngest Brother Rick (left) went "to town

Had a good fall steelhead trip recently. Went 13 for 13 on steelhead in 2 and a half days. Excellent weather! The young angler James was successful as well!

Went to Cuba, smoked good cigars, ate good food, saw cool stuff.

10 minutes ago, Kaptain Karl said:

Ha I should have included that!
White Sea Bass. They’re native to Baja California and California. They’re are notoriously difficult fish to catch, which is why they’re called Ghosts out here. We got it drifting dead market squid right above the bottom through an area where squid are actively spawning. We’re at the extreme northern edge of they’re range and they havnt been caught up here since 2015, so it’s pretty damn exciting to see them up here again! 

fantastic. thanks for that. squid seem to work all over the world. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Chibearsv said:

House has been completely remodeled now the outside is getting a re-make. One more week to get the stoops finished and the pavilion built. I can’t wait to use the new patios. 
9D4689F3-FE52-4EC4-8A1B-49AFAC4C1154.jpeg.794cdd20688be42bf97c2953c8f34ab4.jpegBFB4894B-9D1D-43A3-9B97-8975C1BEBD2B.jpeg.faa1954a2224371437b0310e899f2372.jpegC4E56E64-65F7-475C-83A0-8178209E58B9.jpeg.a41fea5f3b1f1b1a1e19a573c6ac836c.jpegE2774F09-31DB-47D5-A3EA-288284BE5752.jpeg.2686d0c5f09a7a8f81fa2d6129ad677a.jpeg

Looks great!  You will enjoy that pavilion a ton. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, Rhinoww said:

Looks great!  You will enjoy that pavilion a ton. 

You and me both 😁.  Your setup is looking sweet too.  I’ll post the finished photos next weekend I hope. 

On 7/25/2021 at 11:18 AM, GVan said:

July 4th vacation with the family.  Wife had a professional photographer come out to the house to take pictures of the grandchildren.  Of course, had to sneak one of my own pictures in - "My Three Sons" is going in the man-cave !

Looking good @Devo and @GVan!! 

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, StogieSteve23 said:

My brother and I linked up with some nice snook. They’re no @Kaptain Karl slobs, but fun as hell to fight. 

600E7669-5EBE-44A9-8F0A-A736E47D7BB5.jpeg.9c68fd77be8ab26fe4707145ae4d8b8d.jpegA22FC4D3-B303-448D-8657-04938D0EC04D.jpeg.89e74723afc0b169a75e8ca606fa5f71.jpegAEE02960-A38B-4853-9976-D842F4B93ABE.jpeg.2e2af1b2190ddb3c85124346808d5a4b.jpeg

I LOVE fishing for snook! Such a cool fish!! And this happens to be the year of the slob for me, I wish fishing for me was always like this! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kaptain Karl said:

I LOVE fishing for snook! Such a cool fish!! And this happens to be the year of the slob for me, I wish fishing for me was always like this! 

Get em while the gettins good! 

37 minutes ago, inter4alia said:

Awesome. I've trolled for snook several times in the Panama canal and always came up empty. Always left with a ton of peacock bass though. Good times. 

We were lucky. This is the time of year where the bite is red hot. They’re migrating and spawning right in the inlet (a couple other areas also). The water was so clear you could see hundreds if not thousands in certain areas. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, StogieSteve23 said:

My brother and I linked up with some nice snook. They’re no @Kaptain Karl slobs, but fun as hell to fight. 

600E7669-5EBE-44A9-8F0A-A736E47D7BB5.jpeg.9c68fd77be8ab26fe4707145ae4d8b8d.jpegA22FC4D3-B303-448D-8657-04938D0EC04D.jpeg.89e74723afc0b169a75e8ca606fa5f71.jpegAEE02960-A38B-4853-9976-D842F4B93ABE.jpeg.2e2af1b2190ddb3c85124346808d5a4b.jpeg

good fish. 

not something we encounter down here.

my one chance at snook was fishing las salinas. i usually have a fabulous guide but on one occasion, i ended up with the village idiot. bone lazy. in the end, the only bones i caught that day were when i actually walked off and found some myself, off a sand bank.

at one stage, when i presume he knew i was seriously pissed with him (although perhaps he didn't know because at the end of the day, he clearly expected a tip - so i said i would give him a tip - don't be such a lazy sod and actually try and help the client catch a fish instead of chain smoking from the first minute and having to stop punting every five minutes because you are stuffed. he seemed shocked), two large fish swam next to our punt.

i asked what they were.

snook.

don't we fish for those?

well, you can if you want. 

by the time i got the rod ready, they were long gone and there was just the steam coming out my ears. 

• Haha 3
  • Sad 1

19 minutes ago, Ken Gargett said:

good fish. 

my one chance at snook was fishing las salinas. i usually have a fabulous guide but on one occasion, i ended up with the village idiot. bone lazy. in the end, the only bones i caught that day were when i actually walked off and found some myself, off a sand bank.

at one stage, when i presume he knew i was seriously pissed with him (although perhaps he didn't know because at the end of the day, he clearly expected a tip - so i said i would give him a tip - don't be such a lazy sod and actually try and help the client catch a fish instead of chain smoking from the first minute and having to stop punting every five minutes because you are stuffed. he seemed shocked), two large fish swam next to our punt.

i asked what they were.

snook.

don't we fish for those?

by the time i got the rod ready, they were long gone and there was just the steam coming out my ears. 

The Snook do look a little bit like a saltwater barramundi caught in the ocean 

13 hours ago, Connoisseur Kim said:

That fish looks like a big tuna to me @StogieSteve23 😁.

LOL not quite, Kimster.  I wish they were tuna though! Nom nomm. 

13 hours ago, Ken Gargett said:

good fish. 

i asked what they were.

snook.

don't we fish for those?

Sounds like you DID get stuck with the village idiot.  Needless to day, he didn't get a 5-star Yelp rating 🤣

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, StogieSteve23 said:

LOL not quite, Kimster.  I wish they were tuna though! Nom nomm.

Thanks buddy! I thought it looked like a big tuna until I typed snook fish on Google (totally different fish after all) 😂.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

49 minutes ago, Fuzz said:

What happened to the built in bbq you had?

I've been eyeing a gas/charcoal combo bbq.

Di had it for around 12 years and even after a few rebuilds, the Matador was near end of life. We cleaned it and sold it. 

4 hours ago, Heels82 said:

Better keep those boxwoods shaped up!  Looks great, Noonan!  

Yeah, they've taken a beating throughout the remodeling process.  We'll see how they recover next spring.  

• Like 1