Going to Cuba in November, Question about Monsdales

Mooneyac

7 hours ago, Mooneyac said:

I just came back from my trip, Here's the highlights of the Havana tour;

Got to see and have lunch with Alex Trelles, it's been many years but I managed to track him down, we then went to Club Havana, Jorge Lopez was there for a visit at I also meet Amaury and got a bundle of Monsdales, smoked one there, they are just as good as I remembered. Alex and I then went to Hotel Comodoro to see Alex Glez, unfortunately he wasn't there but I got some of his Puntillas.

Unfortunately, the day before our Havana trip, I received a message from taxi driver Jorge Clavijo informing us that he was not available to take us anymore so I had to scramble to make other arrangements, I wasn't very happy about that. I won't bother with him next time...

I dont like the "he is cuban and he really needs to make money. if something better appeared he did it right" bullshit.

did he tell you the reason?

"he is cuban and he really needs to make money. if something better appeared he did it right" bullshit.

I'm not quite sure where you're going with that as I did not say or even meant anything like that ???

And I don't really know what the reason for him cancelling was, at least he called the hotel to let me know the day before the trip so he deserves credit for that.

We were there for only two weeks and I don't speak the language, so that is why I used the word scramble for other arrangements.

Bottom line is if I can't rely on someone I made arrangements with I'll just go to someone else

3 hours ago, oliverdst said:

I received a message from taxi driver Jorge Clavijo informing us that he was not available to take us anymore

I didnt say he said that.

As a matter of fact based on other members opinions I would say it was something urgent and he had to cancel with you.

I am a bit confused: he called your hotel or text you?

8 hours ago, oliverdst said:

I didnt say he said that.

As a matter of fact based on other members opinions I would say it was something urgent and he had to cancel with you.

I am a bit confused: he called your hotel or text you?

Oliver, I'm concerned about Jorge and what might have happened.  Can you find out?  He's a great guy and I hope nothing bad happened to him.  If you can't find out, maybe @Elpresidentecan find out.  I still have his email address, so I'll send him an email and hope he answers.

I"m giving @Mooneyaca bit of a pass on this as he never met Jorge and doesn't realize what type of fellow he is. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, stogieluver said:

Oliver, I'm concerned about Jorge and what might have happened.  Can you find out?  He's a great guy and I hope nothing bad happened to him.  If you can't find out, maybe @Elpresidentecan find out.  I still have his email address, so I'll send him an email and hope he answers.

I"m giving @Mooneyaca bit of a pass on this as he never met Jorge and doesn't realize what type of fellow his is. 

I thought he was the guy that moved to Brazil? Or somewhere else in South America. I don't recall which. It has been discussed before.

1 hour ago, Derboesekoenig said:

I thought he was the guy that moved to Brazil? Or somewhere else in South America. I don't recall which. It has been discussed before.

no, this is another one.

3 hours ago, stogieluver said:

I"m giving @Mooneyaca bit of a pass on this as he never met Jorge and doesn't realize what type of fellow he is. 

I couldnt reach him. Let's wait, maybe he is just sick or something.

10 hours ago, Derboesekoenig said:

6 hours ago, oliverdst said:

no, this is another one.

Jorge Lopez, the roller from Club Habana, has moved to Chile and as far as I'm aware is working in the LCDH in Santiago.

The other Jorge, the driver, I don't know, I've never had any contact with him.

12 hours ago, Derboesekoenig said:

2 hours ago, Ryan said:

Jorge Lopez, the roller from Club Habana, has moved to Chile and as far as I'm aware is working in the LCDH in Santiago.

The other Jorge, the driver, I don't know, I've never had any contact with him.

Pavel Montero Fita is the one.

• 10 months later...
On 7/19/2018 at 11:59 PM, BonVivant said:

Monsdales? Since Enrique Mons passing, are there any? Who is controlling the tobacco and blend?

dream on?

Or

Is Enrique Mons rolling from heaven these days?

This again?  We've been over this ad nauseam in the past, I thought?

Mons "blessed" things with the Monsdales being handed over to Jorgito, many years back.  The end.  

18 minutes ago, CanuckSARTech said:

This again?  We've been over this ad nauseam in the past, I thought?

Mons "blessed" things with the Monsdales being handed over to Jorgito, many years back.  The end.  

Did Mons bless Jorge who blessed Reynol? Asking for a friend.

No idea on that.  Been out of lurch on things for the past 2 years.  Frankly, just really been hearing that Jorgito is gone (on and off?) for past two years or so (running LCDH in Chile?)

All I know is what was translated for us, and discussed with a group of us there, during the Nov 2010 trip or so.  Enrique said then how it was now / then Jorgito's baby.  Not sure what's going on now that Jorgito is away.

• 2 weeks later...

Was there Friday and the new roller was rolling away at the Mons and saw several purchases while there. They looked good. Didn't buy any this time around.