Your favourite Old School things?

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My mostly analog modular synthesizer. I've built it myself.

Maybe this isn’t necessarily old school exactly, but a cotton dress shirt and wool trousers. Dressing for work in general. I cannot stand the new “dri fit” “microfiber” whatever they want to call po

Don't see these very often!! Much better than the modern variety....in my opinion.

108 Year old teapot brought it at Abergavenny markets in 2015 think I paid $50 or so for it using it today needs a good polish

IMG_20180716_122933.jpg

• Like 2

On 7/10/2018 at 10:57 AM, Shunamaji said:

I would say card games. Most people I know dont play them anymore. Played some pitch over the holiday with family and it was a blast

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Pitch, Cribbage, and Crazy Eight! Pitch after work with the boys; Cribbage on Thursday nights at the Little Rhody Cafe, Crazy Eight on Saturday nights with the whole Family!! Brings you back to better times!!

• Like 1

Pitch, Cribbage, and Crazy Eight! Pitch after work with the boys; Cribbage on Thursday nights at the Little Rhody Cafe, Crazy Eight on Saturday nights with the whole Family!! Brings you back to better times!!

PITCH!!! Nobody I’ve met since college has heard of it. Pitch was our fraternity’s game back in school and I still say it is the perfect card game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19 hours ago, Bords said:

PITCH!!! Nobody I’ve met since college has heard of it. Pitch was our fraternity’s game back in school and I still say it is the perfect card game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In some parts of the World it's called High-Low-Jack. If we're talking about the same game. It may have even more names that I'm not familiar with.

• 2 weeks later...

20180802_073258.thumb.jpg.d792ebc64dd11a1278897ab2f344368d.jpg

The dark blue pen is a Platinum #3776 Century in extra fine, and the light blue pen is Pilot Custom 74 in fine. Both have rhodium-plated 14k gold nibs. I'm studying Japanese and have tiny handwriting so I bought the Japanese pens in extra fine and fine to help me. Being Japanese pens they are generally on the smaller side of their size compared to pens from other countries.

My humble Japanese ink collection;

Iroshizuku inks

20180802_074554.thumb.jpg.35e18944813440a16fe85be8811d2e1a.jpg

Kyo-Iro inks

20180802_074701.thumb.jpg.bda83e6a0355eba9aa9c9038770fd7c2.jpg

Kyo No Oto inks

20180802_074748.thumb.jpg.3be0f7955fdc431473d0d9384ba182be.jpg

• Like 3

I miss, when going to other countries, food and drinks would be different from back home. Now you will see the excact same icecreams, sodas etc most places. that goes for a lot of other items, constructions and ways of arranging shopping etc

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Troels said:

I miss, when going to other countries, food and drinks would be different from back home. Now you will see the excact same icecreams, sodas etc most places. that goes for a lot of other items, constructions and ways of arranging shopping etc

I know! I went to China and at the touristy spots you will find KFC etc. in main areas. You have to go deep into the lanes to find local food shops.

Not just the SUV, but having the trails to drive it on. Seems like everywhere we used to go has no trespassing or a bunch of inconsiderate rednecks (as opposed to us considerate ones) have ruined enjoying a trail ride for the rest of us.

EE9E48AB-DA4C-482D-B3CC-C1EB9057BF78.jpeg