MoeFOH

Your favourite Old School things?

1 hour ago, Hammer Smokin' said:

going to the bank of the river, fishing rod and a can of worms, and just fishing for whatever bites.

I just booked a week on the White River near Flippin Arkansas with my wife, son, daughter in law and granddaughter. 

It is my full intention to spend my days with a line in the water but not caring if I actually catch a fish. Ala Tom Sawyer / Huckleberry Finn.

that's what I'm talking about...

for many years of my life, I fished quite competitively.

fishing during this time meant 10+ rods, equipping the boat for whatever type of fishing I was doing (river vs big lake vs small lake)...

and the pressure of catching was always high, whether due to paying customers, bragging rights, or competition.

almost burned me right out...

just the idea of fishing "for whatever bites" is what brought me back again. I'm looking forward to fishing much more in 2019....with no pressures :)

• Like 3

On 8/2/2018 at 10:07 PM, Spanishcedar said:

Not just the SUV, but having the trails to drive it on. Seems like everywhere we used to go has no trespassing or a bunch of inconsiderate rednecks (as opposed to us considerate ones) have ruined enjoying a trail ride for the rest of us.

EE9E48AB-DA4C-482D-B3CC-C1EB9057BF78.jpeg

Going muddin at 2am is a ton of fun.

Picked this toy up (govplanet) about 6 months before my son was born- unfortunately have not been able to play with it much since then.  Only had 5K on the odometer.

20161215 HMMWV (5).JPG

• Like 1

On 7/10/2018 at 7:30 PM, Fuzz said:

Chuck in 50's Rock 'n Roll and you got me sold on the music. :thumbsup:

Big Mama Thornton, Buddy Holly, Eddie Cochran,  Richie Valens, Frankie Lymon, John Lee Hooker, Fats Domino, B. B. King, Little Walter, Ray Charles, James Brown, Bo Diddly, Sam Cooke, Gene Vincent, Roy Orbison, Link Wray

and though it’s 1971 check this performance by Little Richard of a truly great soul ballad written by Don Covay

and this guy

• Thanks 1

Sometimes I’m a gnats  hair from getting a flip phone. I don’t do social media other than foh. I can read the news on my computer. Same for emails. Plus my old Motorola Razr battery lasted two days before needing a charge. 

83D1899A-FD2D-4445-B7A6-4304388CDCAC.jpeg

• Like 1

On 12/21/2018 at 8:26 PM, looseleaf said:

AA

15730DF4-CE7A-40CC-BD08-0E3E034DFB4F.jpeg

I hear that the First Edition of The Big Book of AA, if you can find it, is supposed to be worth $10,000 to collectors out there.  Just sharing. 

• Like 1

/\/\/\

Well, if we're including music. From my youth, JJF with Mick Taylor is something to behold.  Wild Horses with Ronnie Wood at his best. 

• Like 1

Plaster walls!  Drywall just sucks.  It's weaker, less sound proof, less energy efficient, and incredibly dusty to install.  Sure, plaster comes in a powdered form, but as soon as it is mixed, no more dust.  The only downside is the skim coat; it has lime in it.  So you cant breath it in and must try not to get it on your hands ... unless your okay with nasty cracks.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, 99call said:

1970s bush,..............both types!

Goodness! 

• Haha 1

Plaster walls!  Drywall just sucks.  It's weaker, less sound proof, less energy efficient, and incredibly dusty to install.  Sure, plaster comes in a powdered form, but as soon as it is mixed, no more dust.  The only downside is the skim coat; it has lime in it.  So you cant breath it in and must try not to get it on your hands ... unless your okay with nasty cracks.  
Some of those opinions are factual, and some are not. It is a more elegant, cleaner look when done right though.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Warren Oates’ performance in just about anything, for example,

• Two Lane Blacktop
  • 92 in the Shade
  • Cockfighter
  • Bring Me the Head of Alfredo Garcia
  • Dillinger

• Like 1

3 hours ago, looseleaf said:

Just about anything starring Warren Oates

• Two Lane Blacktop
  • 92 in the Shade
  • Cockfighter
  • Bring Me the Head of Alfredo Garcia
  • Dillinger

2 hours ago, looseleaf said:

Peckinpah’s “The Wild Bunch” and “The Getaway”

good stuff, though cockfighter is a bit tedious, haven’t seen 92 or dillinger, may have to check those out.

and warren oates is an acting god, his work in two lane blacktop is brilliant, “if i’m not grounded pretty soon, i’m gonna go into orbit”

-dobbs

• Like 1

Film cameras. I had a entry level Canon SLR but lost it in the divorce. Even though I miss it,  I’ll probably go with a DSLR or mirrorless camera.