Davidoff opens stunning walk-in humidor at Zurich Airport

Connoisseurs of fine cigars flying from Zurich Airport will have spotted the exclusive Davidoff of Geneva walk-in humidor in the Dufry duty free shop at Departures Level 1.

“We are proud to present our “Davidoff of Geneva – since 1911” walk-in humidor at Zurich Airport, where cigar enthusiasts can discover the outstanding quality of the full Oettinger Davidoff product range. This has been made possible thanks to our partner Dufry. As a Swiss company we are thrilled to be present at one of the most important airports in Switzerland and able to provide travelers with an exclusive and unique shopping experience,” explains Beat Hauenstein, CEO of Oettinger Davidoff AG.

The 18-sq m walk-in humidor is modelled on the standard international design for “Davidoff of Geneva – since 1911”. The exclusive interior design, with its fine timbers and natural materials in earthy tones that are reminiscent of the colour of the cigars, creates a contemporary, warm environment imbued with copper tones and an extremely elegant atmosphere.

In addition to a huge selection from the entire range of Davidoff products, aficionados find cigars from the well-known brands Avo, Camacho, Griffin’s and Zino. The new walk-in humidor protects the quality of the cigars while ensuring they are stored under optimal humidity conditions. Customers are also able to purchase Cuban specialities and exotic products.

Oettinger Davidoff AG and Dufry have had a successful business partnership for over many years. The opening of the walk-in humidor is once again a showcase how both companies truly value outstanding quality and excellent product presentation.

2018_05_15-Davidoff_018-1024x683.png

Actually the old Davidoff store, where Lindt chocolates store is now had a much wider selection of CC, including limited editions, along with hard to find cigars such Cohiba Lanceros and/or Especiales.

This one is in a corner inside the Duffy store at the end of the store and you have to ask to find it..

7 minutes ago, Colt45 said:

Always great to see a new shop open as opposed to one closing :clap:

:thumbsup:

There is much talk of no duty free tobacco in EU by 2025 and airports to be tobacco free. 

55 minutes ago, Nikolaos said:

Being there last week. Don’t believe the hype!

Poor selection of Cuban cigars, no limited editions and price wise more expensive than LCDH shops in Germany, Holland and Portugal!

They're not there to sell Habanos methinks.....

Last time I came through Zurich airport, I was glad that I always travel with a few spare ziploc bags because they couldn't (or wouldn't) vacuum-pack my purchases for me.  When embarking on an intercontinental flight, that is not a good thought...

As @Nikolaos already said, the old set up with two walk in Humidor, one on each level, used to be way better (and judging by the pictures also bigger). In the past I often bought Swiss Regionals during my layovers, seems like I can scrap that now!

Hope that they didn’t remodel/remove the smoking lounge/bar in the Swiss business lounge! That was so far the best feat of Zurich Airport!

6 minutes ago, SokaKiel said:

Hope that they didn’t remodel/remove the smoking lounge/bar in the Swiss business lounge! That was so far the best feat of Zurich Airport!

I never used that smoking room.  I felt like I would be stinking from cigars and that would impolite for those sitting next to me on the flight. 

Stunning isn't a word of use to describe it! Can't believe this was what delivered after the "upgrade". I reckon is smaller than the original humidor

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk