SenorPerfecto

Airports with true smoking lounges?

I can't think of anything that would soothe the pain of a long layover better than a true smoking lounge. Are there any?

1 minute ago, SenorPerfecto said:

I can't think of anything that would soothe the pain of a long layover better than a true smoking lounge. Are there any?

Denver International Airport still has a Bar/Restaurant that is fully smoking up on the second level of the A concourse. Most people don't realize anything is up there so I guess its skated by. Its been busy every time I've been there. McCarran International (Las Vegas) still has atleast half a Dozen or so "Smoking Lounges" but they're really just an excuse to shove more slot machines in. 

• Like 2

Frankfurt has smoking lounges basically every 200 yards in all terminals - and if you are a Lufthansa HON Circle member ( tough to achieve but worth it ... ) you have a dedicated cigar lounge, showers, private passport control plus a PA taking you from the exclusive terminal right to the aircraft door in a Porsche or Mercedes ...

Not bad  - only problem is that Lufthansa doesn't fly to Havana :angry:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Atlanta Hartsfield has restaurants that allow smoking and I believe there's still "lounges" located every so often in the gate areas.  I was ATL based so I was never waiting on a connection and was never tempted to go in.  I imagine that the cigarette smoke would be pretty overpowering and wouldn't be enjoyable for a cigar...  could be wrong though.

Other than that, I know there are others that offer smoking lounges but they're the same setup as described.  What Nino describes about Frankfurt sounds awesome.  Don't know of any setup like that in the US.

Here is an overview of just the PUBLIC smoking lounges at FRA airport ( there are more, like private lounges, SEN/HON/Airline lounges etc ... ), these are just the lounges available to the public :

5b43b4683853f_FRARaucherLounges.thumb.png.f476fc82bcf6be4ea0ef48a18a016cfb.png

• Like 4

2 hours ago, nino said:

Frankfurt has smoking lounges basically every 200 yards in all terminals - and if you are a Lufthansa HON Circle member ( tough to achieve but worth it ... ) you have a dedicated cigar lounge, showers, private passport control plus a PA taking you from the exclusive terminal right to the aircraft door in a Porsche or Mercedes ...

Not bad  - only problem is that Lufthansa doesn't fly to Havana :angry:

Those little plexiglass boxes in Frankfurt were all I saw for smoking late last year....not sure I'd consider that a smoking lounge.  They looked pretty ripe on the inside.

But if you gotta light up, I guess it is better than nothing.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, scap99 said:

Those little plexiglass boxes in Frankfurt were all I saw for smoking late last year....not sure I'd consider that a smoking lounge.  They looked pretty ripe on the inside.

But if you gotta light up, I guess it is better than nothing.

Naw,

I guess nobody has to light up unless you are a fag addict @scap99 ... :rolleyes:

And it's not plexiglass. More like solid glass with pretty good ventilation.

But as I mentioned before - you are always welcome to fly 600K air miles and  join LH's HON Club for a more stylish "lounge" ...

Me, I am happy to have a nice place to smoke a Corona and have a coffee next to my departure gate to Havana .... which is mostly the case.

Any better place to smoke westbound of FRA ??

• Like 1

KLM Crown Lounge in Amsterdam is amazing. There's a 1500sf enclosed smoking room with food, drinks and comfy chairs for smokers. Fully enjoyed a Monte Especial in peace on layover one trip along with breakfast,  shower, lunch and cocktails.

KLM AMS

That's how to fly commercial!

• Like 1

Singapore business lounge had a very serviceable cigar/smoking lounge. I haven't been for a few years so I am not sure it is still there. 

Singapore business lounge is also renowned for it's chicken curry. Worth paying extra just to feast on that fantastic dish. 

• Like 1

In the US, Nashville (BNA) has a Greycliff lounge on each concourse. You can purchase one of their cigars or pay a cutting fee to smoke your own. Atlanta (ATL) still has lounges on a couple of the concourses along with restaurants that allow smoking on some of the others. 

When I used to fly more Internationally, I took advantage of the “lounges” in Amsterdam, Tokyo-Narita, Hong Kong, and Taipei. Aside from Amsterdam, I’m not sure if these are still around since I haven’t been to Asia for 5-6 years now

• Like 1

Golden Lounge in KLIA used to be pretty good, but the last time I was there, it was terrible. Food was lacklustre, service was poor, and the place needed a complete refurbish. There is a smoking room, but I only saw it once, it was just a small room at the back of the lounge. Not sure if the renovation for the main lounge has been complete, as I haven't had a chance to go back to Malaysia.

I did have a chance to use the Platinum Lounge once. Apparently, they have gotten rid of the cigar room in there, after the recent renovations.

Another perhaps worth mentioning is the China Southern Lounge in the Guangzhou international airport (CAN).

Dim Sum, fresh noodles from the chef, serve yourself bar with an interesting mix of libations and a quite well ventilated smoking cell with tellys, wifi, international cel service and leather soffettes which was surprisingly quiet.

Miami International has a TGI Fridays near the D (American Airlines) concourse that allows smoking. Not the classiest of places, but it has an open roof which is nice. Never go there much as I live in Miami and usually cut it close when departing, but it sure makes unexpected delays easier to deal with. 

I’ve been to the lounge in Atlanta. It wasn’t the nicest place in the world but it was perfect for my 90 min layover. 984cb49f7023c4bc135db236e6c5c103.jpg
Just enough time for a JL2.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Dmpotocek said:

I’ve been to the lounge in Atlanta. It wasn’t the nicest place in the world but it was perfect for my 90 min layover.

Yeah, the smoking lounges aren't great in Atlanta, The Terrapin Tap on Concourse D though has local craft brew, sells cigars and the entire restaurant used to be smoke friendly. They've recently put in a glass cage in the back so not as nice as it was, more crowded and smokier now.

• Like 1

On 7/10/2018 at 4:00 AM, El Hoze said:

Miami International has a TGI Fridays near the D (American Airlines) concourse that allows smoking. Not the classiest of places, but it has an open roof which is nice. Never go there much as I live in Miami and usually cut it close when departing, but it sure makes unexpected delays easier to deal with. 

I spent many an hour in there.

Emirates Business Lounge is about the size of a terminal in New Orleans and has a large smoking section at the back.  The Moët Chandon that flows there is a nice accompaniment for lighter sticks!