Your Wife/Girlfriend/partner are away.

Hopefully not away together as that would spell disaster :rolleyes:

...and lets not limit this to blokes either. Our fair forum goddesses can also chime in. 

So your better half leaves this Friday lunch time for 3 days away to be with her family/friends "interstate".  If you have kids, they are taking them :spotlight:

They are back Monday morning. 

You are master of your domain for 50 hours or so. 

List the Top  things that you would do....or would love to do. Treat yourself. B)

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Daytime drinking. Cigars. Pizza or curry. Shame. Guilt chores.  

1. Change all the locks.  End of list. 

Eat everything I can’t possibly eat without getting “those” looks. It’s just not worth it . And spend time with guys I can’t spend time with cos “don’t you like spending time with me” is also not wor

Ha ha very relevant post Rob 

‘Lucinda is away in Adelaide this week with work, but alas I am on afternoon shift this week (strange how it always seems to happen this way ?)

problem here is that PERTH shuts down during the week and by the time I finish work late in the evening there’s no where open to have a quiet one ☝️ 

at least I am on the right shift this week for the World Cup 

i guess this is the price you pay for living in a giant country town ?

cheers 

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, LordAnubis said:

Eat everything I can’t possibly eat without getting “those” looks. It’s just not worth it emoji23.png. And spend time with guys I can’t spend time with cos “don’t you like spending time with me” is also not worth the heartache emoji23.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ahhh, married life.... thank the Maker I don't have to experience it! :P

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, El Presidente said:

You are master of your domain for 50 hours or so. 

I've only been married for 1 month... so I still (feel like) I'm the master of my domain at all times. Tell me gents, when does that change?

Have the guys over for cigars one night.   Enjoy playing music I enjoy turned way up.  Get some nice, spicy, authentic Chinese food.

But mostly, just enjoy the peace and quiet.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, HabanosNJGuy said:

Tomorrow

Ha!

She actually was away this past weekend for a wedding with the family. I was stuck home for work and studies. Have to admit I did enjoy the peace and quiet... and a few Sig 6s

• Like 1

Very, very little.

This is not an opportunity to have some quality me-time, to cry havoc and let slip the dogs of blokedom.

It is a test.

If I did anything she disapproved of, She Who Must Be Obeyed would know.  She Always Knows.  Women do.  

So I would be very careful to do only what I know is on the "Approved Activities" list ... unless I were itching for a fight.  Which I am not, since I am bound to lose.  

I live on my own Monday am to Friday after dinner two hours north of Toronto. Then Mr Beaver arrives for the weekend. 

“Live Mic” night at a local pub means dinner, drink and fantastic music. Folks come by and share a cigar or two during the day.

But my favorite is sitting on comfy pillow chairs out in the garden with my computer watching guys do stuff like mow the lawn.

CB

• Like 4

Ha!  This happened last weekend.  She loaded up and left Friday morning and didn't get back until Monday afternoon.

I smoked cigars all day Saturday. 

Grilled some fajitas. 

Ate and drank too much, then had a cigar smoking buddy come over and we hung out on the back porch "Ken and Rob" style.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Open a bottle of Champagne, light up a Cohiba and get the party started. 

No, seriously, my wife will be away all of next week for business, and there is a half bottle of champagne in our wine cellar I have been eyeing up.  My wife does not like champagne, so it will never get opened with both of us here.  I think a CORO would go perfect with it.  I should get some interesting looks from our neighbors drinking champagne and puffing on a cigar on my stoop. 

Other then that, Yards Brewery, which does English style ales, opened a new brewery in Philly about 4 times the size of their last one I have yet to walk to.  And there is a nice looking cigar shop/bar/lounge on 13th street, Cannellini Brothers, (that advertises you can bring your own cigars and liquor) I am interesting in checking out. 

Other then that, work and personal photo projects.

We also just had nearly all of our lighting equipment stolen; thankfully they did not get any of our cameras or lenses.  Insurance check is in the mail and pretty much all new equipment has been purchased, so I will be spending time recording serial numbers and creating a new schedule for the insurance agency's records. 

• Like 1