Early NFL Buzz + Predictions = ...???

3 minutes ago, Ken Gargett said:

so giant fans are even more optimistic and delusional than skins fans? i didn't think that possible. 

NFC east is iggles 10-12, though i suspect a bit under 12. skins 8-9. then giants and cowgirls fighting to avoid wooden spoon. i suspect both going 5-8. giants with odell, shepherd and barkley could surprise but eli is on the way down. is the O line good enough to protect him to the extent he'll need? will the defence get off the field enough to give those stars the chances they need? i think you will come in ahead of the cowgirls. but not by much. i think if either of those sides go 8-8 then they have overachieved a little. 

of course, all these thoughts from us all can change in an instant with injuries. 

Our O line has and continues to be our biggest issue. Solder is a massive improvement over that joke Flowers, but I honestly believe Flowers in over his head on the right side too. His footwork is some of the worst I've ever seen. Eli is definitely past his prime, but look what his brother did 3 seasons after he should have stopped playing....

I like our DBs and D line, but we will struggle again at linebacker, still not enough draft capital devoted to that group. We'll see if we get anything from the kid we picked in the supplemental draft but I'm not holding my breath. We're really only a couple wins apart on the GMEN, and I agree with you regarding the skins for sure and the cowboys to some extent. Jerry's ego an hubris guarantee Garrett the season, but short of winning a division championship I don't see how he keeps his job. Jason Witten was good for a couple wins a year on his own. I was so happy to see him retire! 

22 minutes ago, Corylax18 said:

Our O line has and continues to be our biggest issue. Solder is a massive improvement over that joke Flowers, but I honestly believe Flowers in over his head on the right side too. His footwork is some of the worst I've ever seen. Eli is definitely past his prime, but look what his brother did 3 seasons after he should have stopped playing....

I like our DBs and D line, but we will struggle again at linebacker, still not enough draft capital devoted to that group. We'll see if we get anything from the kid we picked in the supplemental draft but I'm not holding my breath. We're really only a couple wins apart on the GMEN, and I agree with you regarding the skins for sure and the cowboys to some extent. Jerry's ego an hubris guarantee Garrett the season, but short of winning a division championship I don't see how he keeps his job. Jason Witten was good for a couple wins a year on his own. I was so happy to see him retire! 

witten was one of the cowgirls i admired. not a large crowd.  but yes, happy not to be playing him twice a year. 

true re peyton but i always thought he was a bit better than the brother. and he had some serious talent around him that year. odell and likely barkley aside, i don't think that those broncos would sweat playing these giants at the moment. 

interesting those comments re the supplemental draft. your blokes and ours i think the only ones who bothered. most comments re the skins, which i read before that draft, were very much against picking anyone. but the response to this guy has been overwhelmingly positive. and the feeling is that we might have got a real steal. if he can make the team. which sounds odd but we have a stacked crowd at CB. lot of talk he'll go to safety. the feeling was that had he waited till next year's draft, he was a real shot for as high as third round. so if we have given up a 6th for that sort of talent, whacko. feeling is that we will almost certainly cut norman and scandrick next offseason (unless norman has a very good year and restructures his contract significantly - he ain't getting that money from anyone else), so these young guys should be stepping up then. and adonis might be one of the key players. 

9 hours ago, NYgarman said:

Arrested? Hasn't that already happened? Close but no cigar? LOL

No criminal charges but i think Jameis has proven hes a POS and as dumb as they come. Emperor Goodell continues to lay down the law inconsistently from his death star.

Predictions:

- Texans vs Falcons Super bowl

-  Raiders implode under Gruden

- Flacco benched after week 6

- browns to crack 0.500

• Like 2

LA Rams will win the whole thing this year.  That’s a scary team they’ve built, and a young, creative coaching staff is at the helm. Their defense will pull your pants down, take your lunch money, steal your girl, AND punch you in the throat.  And they’ve got Jared Goff and Todd Gurley on offense??

Not looking forward to facing them 2x this season. It’s going to be ugly. 

On 7/20/2018 at 1:15 PM, BTWheezy said:

LA Rams will win the whole thing this year.  That’s a scary team they’ve built, and a young, creative coaching staff is at the helm. Their defense will pull your pants down, take your lunch money, steal your girl, AND punch you in the throat.  And they’ve got Jared Goff and Todd Gurley on offense??

i'm thinking rams v pats superbowl. and rams would be seriously likely to win it. 

Of course Patriots in the Super Bowl again, no bias (but I was a fan back when they stunk).  Going to be fun to watch the Falcons again this year, but honestly don't know if they're deep in the playoffs good again or fraud 8-8 again.

No Panthers, no Cowboys, please no Packers or Steelers.  Going to be very curious to see rumblings in CA this year with the soon to be Vegas Raiders, 49ers, Rams, and maybe even Chargers.  How a coach goes 1-31 and keeps his job I don't know, but I think the Browns may well win 3 games this year.  So that makes Hue coach of the year?

Happy that we're nearing fall for many reasons, football is a part of that

On 7/19/2018 at 11:15 PM, BTWheezy said:

As much as I'd like the Eagles to repeat, the Rams look like the most complete and dangerous team in the NFC.  I agree with Ken that the Rams would knock off the Pats in the Super Bowl.  

Other prediction: my fantasy team will slip back into mediocrity after almost winning my league last year lol.

Guest Nekhyludov
31 minutes ago, filltang said:

Anyone interested in joining a FOH FFL league? I wouldn't mind putting it together..

@WhiteMamba runs one over in the ****US forum. It's a lot of fun. Last year came down to like 0.4 points on the final afternoon of the regular season. It was awesome! I can only say that because I came out on the lucky side of that squeaker ?

I'm betting under the point spread in the first game. Though that's me just comparing the scores for the 2017 season, so probably well off.

I'm actually pretty excited about this season as this will be the first time when I can watch games at a sensible time compared to being in the U.K.

Some interesting websites:

https://www.footballoutsiders.com

http://www.sharpfootballanalysis.com

https://thepowerrank.com