How much stock do YOU put in buying aged cigars?

I think it depends on cigars’ brands as well. I’m not sure about you guys but for me, Montecristo and Partagas aged would smoke perfectly well e.g No.2 or D4. Cohiba..7-8 years will leave some kinda sour taste which I don’t like. RyJ would also shine in about 3-5 years time. Overall, vintage cigars are hit and miss, in my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If the following stock were put up on 24:24 tomorrow... '14 Hoyo de Monterrey Le Hoyo des Dieux '14 Diplomaticos Bushido Asia Pacifico Regional Edition '11 Cohiba 1966 Limited Ed

.......people are spending $90 on Talisman. Euro dealers can't get enough.  Even at retail, a 5 year old D4 is the cheaper than a Padron 1926 of the same size.  To some, the utility of purch

I’m certainly not paying 2x or even more for a measly 5 years of age.

I do both.

I love aged RA's, QdO's and JL's, and I am willing to pay a premium for well kept, dark and oily cigars...

I also purchased a lot of 2014 stock several years ago (mostly from here :) ) that are aging nicely.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Derboesekoenig said:

They must've had a lull in production then, because I saw zero boxes in Cuba.

It has been MIA since 14, but has not been announced as on the chopping block. Again, same as the SLR DC and MdO2.

Two others that had not been seen since 14 that did however get the axe were the JLPC and SLR SA.

• Like 1

On 7/18/2018 at 10:31 PM, El Presidente said:

I remember the days when you could find 10 year old + stock on the shelves. the smaller locales were the best and it was a ton of fun.

that has pretty much disappeared however, and it is a shame. 

There are places you could still find that.  I was in Gibraltar about a month ago and visited the local LCDH.  This place was stacked with plenty of sticks that seem to be unavailable in most places.  I was shocked that they had 6 boxes of BCG on the shelf.  Even bigger shock was that that two of the boxes were from 1999.  I snatched both of them as they were not being sold at a premium and to add I grabbed another 5 year old box.  Out of the 6 boxes they would not sell me one of them because they said that's a vintage.  In the end I walked out with a 100 sticks and they gave me a 10% discount on the final price.  The prices might not be the best, but still good pretty good; 3 x BCG + 1 x RYJ Churchill (5 year box) 1100 Gibraltar Pounds (at par with the British Pound)