FOH Weekend Playlist.

Post up one Video of what you are currently listening to......."let's make a playlist that we can listen to over the weekend".  :spotlight:

Also...a 3 pack sampler to the song which members most like. 

The band Powderfinger are a local Brisbane band. Great way to kick off the weekend. 

• Like 1

Boom Crash Opera are an Australian band that were prominent in the late eighties/early nineties. Their hits in those times were mainly due to the melodic songwriting skills of Richard Pleasance and Peter Farnan (Pleasance left in 1992 due to tinnitus from constant exposure to loud live music). Onion Skin was their biggest worldwide hit.

I'm off to Splendour In The Grass this weekend which is Australia's largest music festival (About 30,000 people give or take). It's held over 4 days in the Byron Bay Hinterland (2.5/3 hours drive from Brisbane). Recently, I've been listening to a lot of music from the 2 previous times I've attended including the song below. Sticky Fingers are an  Australian band from Newtown in Sydney and one of the best bands to come out of Australia in the last 5 years. 

• Like 1

What's a Cuban Cigar forum without some Cuban music from the Queen herself. The original CC, Celia Cruz! Side by side with one of the best production artists in the world across any genre of music. Willie Colón! This man has worked with the likes of Celia, Rubén Blades, Hector Lavoe, and many other Fania artists. This is mother's milk right here...

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, NitrousPurger said:

I raise you my favorite local band.  Savannah, GA. Nothing better than leaving the corporate office on a Friday afternoon and blaring metal out the car windows. 

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=m3UgeEbI028

I dig Baroness...couple of really good albums over the past few years...do you like Pallbearer?  they are from Georgia also I believe..fantastic stuff approaching a floyd/Maiden/Sabbath brew...

5 minutes ago, mbflash80 said:

I dig Baroness...couple of really good albums over the past few years...do you like Pallbearer?  they are from Georgia also I believe..fantastic stuff approaching a floyd/Maiden/Sabbath brew...

LOVE Pallbearer. Sadly they are not as good live as they are in the studio. Pretty sure they are from Arkansas. Sorrow and Extinction album is a classic and their newest album Heartless is getting to that level for me as well. One of the first bands to really got me into metal. 

• Like 2