Best live music you've been to or show you have coming up?

Just now, SigmundChurchill said:

I was always under the impression that they broke up because Joel had an affair.  But that doesnt mean he wasn’t angry at her for leaving.

no idea. but i clearly remember him being very bitter that she had left. probably can't blame her if he did have an affair. 

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Led Zeppelin - 1975 - me and two buddies spent two winter days and nights camped out rotating shifts in line for tickets and in the car to warm up. Well worth it I might add. Better live show than Pin

Best concert:  Prince "Purple Rain Tour" Detroit 1984.  Wasn't really a fan, but took my girlfriend (now wife of 30 yrs).  Sold out show, but knew they released unused band tickets an hour before the

I go to a lot of concerts.  About half are concerts that I want to see, and the other half are concerts that my kids want to see.  I actually even enjoy the ones my kids want to see.  It’s hard for me

Just now, Ken Gargett said:

no idea. but i clearly remember him being very bitter that she had left. probably can't blame her if he did have an affair. 

I once read that all of her husbands cheated on her, as crazy as it sounds.  

BEST: ACDC live in Las Vegas - (Jan 2018) - last iteration of the group in their original format

WORST: Rolling Stones in Las Vegas = old and tired.

Missed: Frank Sinatra in Las Vegas (probably late 90s before he passed away)

Some of mt favorite concerts of the last decade or so have been:

George Michael - absolutely amazing at the Boston Garden

R. Kelly - at Foxwoods and truly a great performance

Billy Idol - Maine Pier in Portland.  Great concert and quite an artist

Chic - Can't help be love their musical skills

Judas Priest - Always a great performance and "Firepower" is a tremendous album to support.

If going further back then that, I would include Barry White, Black Flag, Page-Plant, Van Halen, Run DMC...

5 minutes ago, Doctorossi said:

I'm jealous. He was on my shortlist to see while I could. And now I can't.

He was on my short list too and was just awesome.  His band, the visual big screen was all top notch.  RIP, one of my favorite recording artists.

I’ve seen some great live bands but a few that stand out are: Roger Waters performing the Wall a few years ago and any show by the flaming lips. While they may not put out the best music, their live shows are something else. 

I saw Springsteen performing at Glastonbury a few years ago. I wasn’t that big a fan before but I thought he was very good and despite the show being very long, it didn’t seem to drag on like some bands do.

5 hours ago, Doctorossi said:

I'm jealous. He was on my shortlist to see while I could. And now I can't.

spent an evening with george michael and friends at a club in sydney by pure chance, back when i lived in the cross. nice guy but seriously strange.

was heading to a club one evening and a car flashed through a red light and nearly took a few of us out. i yelled out something and apparently this bloke standing nearby thought it was funny and started chatting. turned out to be the said mr michael. invited me to join his group, which included a spectacular looking woman who said absolutely nothing all night and i later realised that in fact 'she' almost certainly was not a woman - i had never heard anything about mr michael and anything untoward at that stage, and not for some years later. he ordered jugs of some weird blue cocktail all night. illusions? i went to get a round and he got very upset. apparently when he was out, he bought all drinks and no one else was allowed to order anything. 

it was all good fun but eventually he started to get very paranoid and came out with all manner of conspiracy theories, many of them involving rome. i suggested it might be time for me to go at one stage and was told bluntly that no one left until he decided. so first chance i got, i was out the door. but that makes him sound much worse than he was. he was quite good fun most of the evening. 

it was all a bit of a coincidence as the only other 'star' i have ever met was the other half of wham. no idea of his name. was when i was living in london and a group of us were out at a bar somewhere. i was up at the bar and a series of stunning women kept coming up and talking to some very ordinary looking bloke standing next to me. it was seriously deflating. i could have been belly-button lint for all the notice they took of me. we had a bit of a chat at one stage and i was even more depressed as i had no idea what women saw in him. went back to my group and they starting asking me about him. all very confusing. only later was i told he was part of wham. the only thing i know or knew about wham is that it was two blokes in white pants singing about wake me up before you gogo. 

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, David88 said:

I’ve seen some great live bands but a few that stand out are: Roger Waters performing the Wall a few years ago and any show by the flaming lips. While they may not put out the best music, their live shows are something else. 

I saw Springsteen performing at Glastonbury a few years ago. I wasn’t that big a fan before but I thought he was very good and despite the show being very long, it didn’t seem to drag on like some bands do.

he did four hours at one of his shows in brizzy (i think technically 3 hours 59 minutes) and it flew by. the next tour, was around three hours. he is getting older. 

Being too young to have gone to Woodstock...I was lucky enough to see this when I was 21.

Bill Graham Memorial concert Golden Gate Park 11/3/1991

300,000 attended-Still the largest concert in SF city limits

Dirty Dozen Brass Band

Jackson Browne

Santana W/ Los Lobos 

Bobby McFerrin

Robin Williams stand up routine

Journey-Yes Steve Perry

Aaron Neville

Joe Satriani

Tracy Chapman

Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young

The Grateful Dead-Joined with John Popper on Harmonica for one song

John Fogerty with the Dead playing back up band for CCR tunes

Joan Baez, Kris Kristofferson and Graham Nash

BGP.jpg

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, jackupster said:

Being too young to have gone to Woodstock...I was lucky enough to see this when I was 21.

Bill Graham Memorial concert Golden Gate Park 11/3/1991

300,000 attended-Still the largest concert in SF city limits

Dirty Dozen Brass Band

Jackson Browne

Santana W/ Los Lobos 

Bobby McFerrin

Robin Williams stand up routine

Journey-Yes Steve Perry

Aaron Neville

Joe Satriani

Tracy Chapman

Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young

The Grateful Dead-Joined with John Popper on Harmonica for one song

John Fogerty with the Dead playing back up band for CCR tunes

Joan Baez, Kris Kristofferson and Graham Nash

BGP.jpg

I was there!  See in the picture, I’m the one in the tie dye shirt!  Spectacular memorial.  I still remember Robin Williams doing such a great job with the eulogy.  He was talking about Bill telling God that the sunset needs more fucsia.

I framed the poster, and I still have it, hanging up in my music room....

F07E247B-BB17-4ED4-8DB6-5BAB0D187278.jpeg

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SigmundChurchill said:

I was there!  See in the picture, I’m the one in the tie dye shirt!  Spectacular memorial.  I still remember Robin Williams doing such a great job with the eulogy.

I framed the poster, and I still have it, hanging up in my music room....

F07E247B-BB17-4ED4-8DB6-5BAB0D187278.jpeg

I was the one smoking the funny looking Nor Cal Double Corona's! :2thumbs: