Hard to believe, but the college football season is just about a month away!  I can't wait! 

My Badgers (wife and I are both alums) have 10/11 returning on offense and 8/11 on defense.  We've got 3 offensive lineman slated to be first round draft picks, 2 Bednarik watchlist candidates on defense, a Heisman candidate RB, our QB won the Manning Passing academy this year, and a receiving corp that is getting older and stronger.  Jim Leonard running the defense again this year, should be fantastic. 

We crapped the bed at the end of last year by losing to the damn OSU Cuckeyes........but......it's a new year!

Off-season motto has been: work harder, nobody cares. I love it!  I'm hopeful we catch OSU and beat them in the B1G Championship game this year.  I think Wisconsin wins the West and OSU wins the East in the Big Ten. Winner of that game will be represented in the College Football Playoff. 

Now, will anyone be able to unseat Alabama this year if they start out with Tua Tagovailoa at QB and not Jalen Hurts?  Not sure, the kid sure looked fantastic in the second half of the National Championship game. 

Season starts for us Friday August 31st and it can't get here fast enough!

Go Badgers, and On, Wisconsin!

Who's your team, predictions? 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, TBird55 said:

Love college football, and to answer your question about Alabama. Yes someone will unseat Alabama......Auburn will...WarDamnEagle

I know all too well about that heated and hated rivalry, lol! 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, FatherOfPugs said:

My Badgers (wife and I are both alums)

UM alum... nice to see some B1G blood here.

In regards to the maize and blue... I sure hope our so called "quarterback whisperer" Jim Harbaugh has finally found something with Shea Patterson. It's worrisome we're already a few years into his tenure and he's still relying on transfers to lead the team under center. Cautiously optimistic for this season...

Mostly I just hope we can stop being OSU's (and MSU's) bitch... been under their thumbs for too long. 

On that note... it is f*cking GREAT to have college football back. Go Blue

• Like 2

The most important thing is Army beating Navy a gain : )  That said, hard to downplay Alabama, but UGA and Auburn looking good too.

• Like 2

Roll Tide!!!!!

(It is a requirement in the family I married into)

😎

10 minutes ago, luv2fly said:

Roll Tide!!!!!

(It is a requirement in the family I married into)

😎

Time to get a divorce..

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

44 minutes ago, TBird55 said:

Love college football, and to answer your question about Alabama. Yes someone will unseat Alabama......Auburn will...WarDamnEagle

War Eagle!!! 

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, filltang said:
1 hour ago, FatherOfPugs said:

My Badgers (wife and I are both alums)

UM alum... nice to see some B1G blood here.

IU Hoosier fan here.  I'm expecting another disappointing 5-7 season while we wait for basketball to return

• Haha 2

My cheatin' Ole Miss Rebels (yeah, we're the only ones :rolleyes:) will have a tough year ahead, I'm afraid.  Our offense will be putting up lots of points, but our defense will be allowing even more.  Oh well, I'm use to it.  I'll have to live off those back to back wins over the turders for the rest of my life.  Maybe we can win the Egg Bowl again and I can live off that all off season.

My wife went to Mississippi State so we're a mixed marriage.  That makes life at our house around Thanksgiving good for one of us and not good for the other. 

HOTTY DAMN TODDY!  and GOTOHELLLSU.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

My absolute favorite time of the year.  Being a UGA fan, I'm still reeling a bit from the NC meltdown.  The Dawgs lost a lot, but will again be in the mix this year.  Tons of studs on offense, but a lot to replace on defense.  We have some depth concerns of the D-line, but that side of the ball will be stout, but not quite live up to what we had last year.  The offense will be much better than last year, which is saying a lot having lost the best running back duo in college football history and a first round draft pick at left tackle.

I still think we are probably a year away from winning it all, but I never would have guessed we would have had the season we had last year.  Recruiting this year is way ahead of what it was last year, and that class was an epic haul  Things to watch for this season:  Week 2 on the road at South Carolina.  Always a tough game for the Dawgs, and South Carolina is a tough squad.  And, week 7 at LSU.  Those 2 games will tell the story of UGA this season.  If they win those 2 games, they will be undefeated going into Atlanta for the SEC championship game and face Alabama again.  Only 1 team from the SEC this year for the playoffs (you're welcome PAC-12), unless both teams are undefeated going into the game (quite possible).

Players to watch for:  DeAndre Swift rb, Jake Fromm and Justin Fields qb (How is this going to work?  Too much talent for Fields not to see a lot of playing time.  Cam Newton 2.0, only more talented), Elijah Holyfield rb (Evander's son, and a man amongst boys).  Richard LeCounte s leads a strong secondary laden with upper classmen and 5 star recruit Tyson Campbell, Jonathan Ledbetter de, and a big, strong and nasty offensive line.  UGA, by the numbers, is probably the most talented team in the nation, including Alabama and Clemson.  They're just young and may need time to gel.  Week 2 will tell the story.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, bmf30180 said:

My absolute favorite time of the year.  Being a UGA fan, I'm still reeling a bit from the NC meltdown.  The Dawgs lost a lot, but will again be in the mix this year.  Tons of studs on offense, but a lot to replace on defense.  We have some depth concerns of the D-line, but that side of the ball will be stout, but not quite live up to what we had last year.  The offense will be much better than last year, which is saying a lot having lost the best running back duo in college football history and a first round draft pick at left tackle.

I still think we are probably a year away from winning it all, but I never would have guessed we would have had the season we had last year.  Recruiting this year is way ahead of what it was last year, and that class was an epic haul  Things to watch for this season:  Week 2 on the road at South Carolina.  Always a tough game for the Dawgs, and South Carolina is a tough squad.  And, week 7 at LSU.  Those 2 games will tell the story of UGA this season.  If they win those 2 games, they will be undefeated going into Atlanta for the SEC championship game and face Alabama again.  Only 1 team from the SEC this year for the playoffs (you're welcome PAC-12), unless both teams are undefeated going into the game (quite possible).

Players to watch for:  DeAndre Swift rb, Jake Fromm and Justin Fields qb (How is this going to work?  Too much talent for Fields not to see a lot of playing time.  Cam Newton 2.0, only more talented), Elijah Holyfield rb (Evander's son, and a man amongst boys).  Richard LeCounte s leads a strong secondary laden with upper classmen and 5 star recruit Tyson Campbell, Jonathan Ledbetter de, and a big, strong and nasty offensive line.  UGA, by the numbers, is probably the most talented team in the nation, including Alabama and Clemson.  They're just young and may need time to gel.  Week 2 will tell the story.

This run of QB's the last few years has been nuts!  I dunno, those are big words with Clemson and Bama next door.  Seems like every top NFL Draft 19 chart has the entire Clemson team on it.

1 hour ago, MountainMilG said:

This run of QB's the last few years has been nuts!  I dunno, those are big words with Clemson and Bama next door.  Seems like every top NFL Draft 19 chart has the entire Clemson team on it.

That's why I mentioned 'by the numbers'.  Until they win it all, it's just talk for the preseason.  

But, it isn't just the QB's, which is really unreal.  It's the 5 star tailback Zamir White and James Cook (Dalvin's little brother), the 5 star cb Tyson Campbell, 5 star de Adam Anderson, 2- 5 star studs on the offensive line, and 5 star de Brenton Cox.  Not to mention transfer Demetris Robertson who was a 5 star when he went to Cal??? in '16.  That is just a list of the '18 top recruits.

There is 5-star talent all up and down the roster.  Can they pull it together...  we'll see.  That's why they play the games.   And, it's the reason people like me stay up all night reading the message boards and following recruiting like it's a religion.

Fan is short for fanatic.  Auburn, Texas, Clemson, Washington, FSU, USC, Michigan and Ohio State fans can, and will all make similar arguments as to why they should be considered for the playoffs.

Come on Sept. 1st!

• Like 1

Go Irish!!  

I still live in days gone by..Norte Dame forever.  

Brian Kelly be gone

@teewinot I understand living in the good ole days.  Miami native here and die hard Hurricanes fan (don't get me started on the Dolphins!).  I'm always optimistic at the start of the season...

4 hours ago, stogieluver said:

My cheatin' Ole Miss Rebels (yeah, we're the only ones :rolleyes:) will have a tough year ahead, I'm afraid. 

Thanks for Shea! We sure could use him  😁

1 hour ago, teewinot said:

Go Irish!!  

I still live in days gone by..Norte Dame forever.  

Brian Kelly be gone

How are you feeling about season opener? Should be an exciting night game in South Bend. I'm so glad to have the UM/ND series back. I can't believe they ever cut that in the first place.

Clemson's defense is absolutely unreal, especially with that line, and there's, as usual, a ton of talent at WR.  Overton and Higgins will both likely be better than Cain was last year, and Renfrow is an outstanding slot man, but is still far better suited for that role.  Etienne is absolutely explosive at RB.  The main issue is at QB, with Bryant being merely an average passer.  The guy can run, but I wouldn't be upset to see Lawrence steal his job.  If Bryant goes down again, I wouldn't be surprised to see him struggle to get back in the lineup.

The SEC looks as terrifying as ever though.  Bama, Auburn, and Georgia are all legit contenders for a National Championship game.  Wisconson and Michigan are likely to play each other in the Conference championship, with yet another controversy as to whether the winner belongs in the playoff.

I'm blindly optimistic like I am every August.  Try to temper my expectations but gets harder as the opener approaches

And I too love the Michigan game back.  We both know early if it's going to be a good season.

• Like 1

I'm an fcs fan and love my NDSU bison.  We're stacked again and should be compete for the Natty again.  If we win it that will be 7 titles in 8 years.

To call us spoiled would be an understatement.

Red raider here... will definitely need to connect with you [mention]fatherofpugs[/mention] for a game over a cigar!

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Go Yale Bulldogs!  Yale just won the Ivy league championship and Bulldogs are gearing up for another run

at the Ivy league title.  Even if Yale does not win championship at least beat the snot out of HARVARD.

GO BIG BLUE!

5 hours ago, teewinot said:

I'm blindly optimistic like I am every August.  Try to temper my expectations but gets harder as the opener approaches

And I too love the Michigan game back.  We both know early if it's going to be a good season.

Friendly wager???? Loser sends the winner a cigar or two??? 😏

1 hour ago, kuma said:

Go Yale Bulldogs!  Yale just won the Ivy league championship and Bulldogs are gearing up for another run

at the Ivy league title.  Even if Yale does not win championship at least beat the snot out of HARVARD.

GO BIG BLUE!

wow, just saw it's at Fenway this year.  How can I do THREE trips to Boston in the next two months AND a trip to Cuba? lol