Picked up my Aristocrat today and met the man himself, Bob Staebell

Do they control temp ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bob makes Aristocrats that regulate both temperature and humidity, but this one just regulates humidity. I’ll keep this humidor in my downstairs office where there’s no direct sunlight and it stays cool consistently. Definitely look at his humidors if you’re considering one!
  • Like 1

Beautiful humi brother. Wished I would have listened to my peers and save a few more bucks and got one, but live and learn. Thanks for the pic of the legend. Thanks for sharing, and I hope if brings you a lifetime of happiness. 

I also live in the Dallas metroplex and bought my first end table humidor from Bob about 12 years ago. Last year I had to go by his facility to have him make a small repair and noticed a MXT 26.5 humidor in the front part of his office. It was a trade-in (less than 3 years old) and in excellent condition. We worked out a deal and I bought it. He upgraded the temp and humidity devices so this was like a brand new unit. I really wanted the temperature control as I really don't have a location in my home where I can keep the temperature under 74 in the summer (unless I want to pay $900 a month electric bill).

The only downside is the unit totally full of cigars; time to start planning for a MXT Plus.

• Like 2

The only downside is the unit totally full of cigars; time to start planning for a MXT Plus.

I have that problem on Day 1 which confirms my suspicion: I should have bought larger. I know, I know ... everyone says that and yet I made every justification that I didn’t need a larger size.

That was until I realized, to my surprise, my 18 boxes is just about max capacity for a Mini Tall. I probably have room for half a dozen more boxes worth of singles, but then it’s maxed out. Maybe I should have gotten an M or M Plus, but there’s no point in worrying about it now.

I love my Aristocrat like I love my wife: she’s beautiful, she’s mine, and she’s all I need ... at least for now.
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, cmbarton said:

I have that problem on Day 1 which confirms my suspicion: I should have bought larger. I know, I know ... everyone says that and yet I made every justification that I didn’t need a larger size.

That was until I realized, to my surprise, my 18 boxes is just about max capacity for a Mini Tall. I probably have room for half a dozen more boxes worth of singles, but then it’s maxed out. Maybe I should have gotten an M or M Plus, but there’s no point in worrying about it now.

I love my Aristocrat like I love my wife: she’s beautiful, she’s mine, and she’s all I need ... at least for now.

You can always order another one exactly like it and have twins! ?

• Like 1

17 hours ago, El Presidente said:

:clap:

Enjoy! Bob has been a legend for as long as I have been in this business. I would love to meet him one day. 

Cannot agree more. He's made three for me so far. One big Armoire coming next year!

cmbarton, THANKS so much taking time to take the pics and post them here.  Like most, only talked over the phone with him over the years.  GREAT to see his shop in action and he as well! Mann, I would love to go there some day.  His work is phenomenal and not many left like him out there. My last figured maple cabinet is a true one of a kind. 

Enjoy your new work of art!

• Like 1

16 hours ago, jfire said:

I wonder if he knows how much of a legend he truly is in the cigar community?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lol, I've actually asked him this same exact question and mentioned this site.  He literally just laughs and says "really"? ?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Derboesekoenig said:

Wow how many boxes do you have??

Ha, been awhile since I counted, maybe 200-300.

I'm in the process of deciding what one to get. I think I'm going with the 48 plus model but unsure if I should get the temperature control. Any opinions are welcomed. I'm leaning towards temp control just in case I need it.