Picked up my Aristocrat today and met the man himself, Bob Staebell

Congratulations! I was hoping to sneak a peak in your picture of the one Bob is currently building for me.  No such luck, so my child like suspense for a Christmas Gift continues.  Fantastic that you got to visit the warehouse.  As a kid I spent three years down the road from Bob's office in Richardson.  Now that would have been one hell of a school trip!

Lol, I've actually asked him this same exact question and mentioned this site.  He literally just laughs and says "really"?

He thanked me for coming to pick up the humidor and I replied, “Are you kidding? The pleasure was all mine; I got to meet THE Bob Staebell and his world-famous Aristocrat workshop!” He just shook head and smiled. I think he just loves what he does and if it makes other people happy, that’s a plus for him.

Fun fact I learned: Bob doesn’t smoke cigars.

I got the impression his background was in aerospace engineering or some similar field before he started making humidors. My two daughters came with me to pick up the humidor and as I’m loading it into the back seat of my truck, one daughter is sitting on the ground drinking water while the other daughter is helping me lift up the bench seat. I looked at Bob, nodding to the daughter sitting down and relaxing while we work, and said, “She’s union.”

Bob laughed, and then he said something about maybe she’ll be an aerospace engineer ... the world needs more of them. Who knows but we had a good laugh!

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Derboesekoenig said:

He doesn't smoke cigars?? Oh wow that is very surprising. And odd. I would have never guessed

Wow, me too and I never asked him.  Nice story cm.

Good get, you could do a lot worse. I have an Aristocrat Plus. It looks  and works great. 

Great pics, thanks for sharing!

I remember when I bought my first mxtplus,  I thought it would be impossible to fill this huge cabinet up... Just recently purchased my fifth, and it is now full... 

Definitely the best humidor on the planet, imo...