foods you cannot stand and won't eat

On 8/4/2018 at 8:40 AM, westg said:

Mint..anything mint...mint chocolate..so gross...The thought of anyone drinking spearmint milk makes me sick ..

What about MOJITOS ?

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I won’t touch spaghetti. Ever. When I was child, my aunt lived in Italy and married an Italian man, Elio, with incredible cooking abilities. When they moved to the U.S., Elio kept watch over me whi

You guys are making me hungry.

Last sentence leads to a uncomfortable question... Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 8/4/2018 at 7:21 PM, rhodges said:

I've tried food from a lot of different ethnic origins, the only thing i can't eat is boiled eggs! ?

*I'll take 'em off your hands...I LOOOOVE boiled eggs! :hungry:

Raw Tomatoes. I love Pasta Sauce, Pizza, Ketchup, Sun dried Tomatoes. Just about any preparation you can imagine, except for raw. Most of my family is from/still lives in North New Jersey, so I've had " the best tomatoes in the world" shoved in my face every summer for the last 30+ years.  I just can not stand the taste.

On 8/4/2018 at 8:51 PM, NYMets01 said:

For me, it’s got to be tripe and kimchi.

Never had either. Could never get past the smell.

I go through jars and jars of Kimchi...  Day time snack.

Chicken Pie. I can't stand it.

When I was a kid i was with my family on holiday in New Zealand. We were driving around and pulled over at a break area just off a highway which had a fast food place. I always ate meat pies....today they had sold out and only had chicken pies.

I hated it. It got worse as time passed. It was cold and yuck. I ended up throwing it all up.

I can't and never will eat one again.

8 minutes ago, Luca said:

When I was a kid i was with my family on holiday in New Zealand. We were driving around and pulled over at a break area just off a highway which had a fast food place. I always ate meat pies....today they had sold out and only had chicken pies.

I hated it. It got worse as time passed. It was cold and yuck. I ended up throwing it all up.

luca, when i was at school, a mate had a holiday job in the factory that made chicken pies for fast food places and the big stores. he said that, and i have never forgotten this, they used two small chickens for every 144 pies. and they used the entire chook. (and for our overseas friends, i should add that when we say meat pie or chicken pie, we normally mean the smaller individual pies and not the big family sized pies). 

i don't think any of us ate a chook pie for many years. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Ken Gargett said:

luca, when i was at school, a mate had a holiday job in the factory that made chicken pies for fast food places and the big stores. he said that, and i have never forgotten this, they used two small chickens for every 144 pies. and they used the entire chook. (and for our overseas friends, i should add that when we say meat pie or chicken pie, we normally mean the smaller individual pies and not the big family sized pies). 

I wish there was a ? (sick) emoticon so I could properly respond to your post. Yuck yuck Yuck!

2 hours ago, Luca said:

1 hour ago, Ken Gargett said:

Wait till you see MSM (mechanically separated meat) being made. You will never look at a chicken nugget the same way, ever again.

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Fuzz said:

Wait till you see MSM (mechanically separated meat) being made. You will never look at a chicken nugget the same way, ever again.

I believe a commonly used term for this is "pink slime" ...

Red  beets. The trifecta of aroma, flavor, and texture. The aroma of beets cooking will drive me from a house retching and I like to think I have a pretty cast iron stomach.

Mint and chocolate. I just think it's a bad flavor combination given all the other things you can mix chocolate with that are superior, EVEN raisins and chocolate is superior to mint and chocolate. 

Other than that I pretty much find that if you prepare the food properly it's enjoyable.

3 hours ago, alloy said:

Cottage cheese and pickled beets. Who eats sour curdled milk...yuck! And the texture and taste of pickled beets leaves me sick to my (generous ? ) stomach.

How about ricotta or pickled turnips?

On 8/3/2018 at 6:21 PM, Ken Gargett said:

paw paw (or papaya if you come from less enlightened nations). 

I second this notion. My wife loves Papaya for breakfast in the morning. I hate it!! Smells like dirty socks...

Olives, have tried olives the world over and find none I’d actually enjoy eating. Grapefruit, just has that odd taste that reminds me of old urine. 

Olives, have tried olives the world over and find none I’d actually enjoy eating. Grapefruit, just has that odd taste that reminds me of old urine. 

Last sentence leads to a uncomfortable question...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

-Mayo.

-Beans.

-Chicken on the bone.

-Cabbage cooked in any way shape or form.

-Vinegar, or anything that smells strongly of it...like Wing sauce.

4 hours ago, El Hoze said:

How do you feel about olives pickled in gin and vermouth?  

8 minutes ago, gweilgi said:

How do you feel about olives pickled in gin and vermouth?  

Gin is actually on the few types of booze I won’t drink...even when desperate. 

• Like 1