foods you cannot stand and won't eat

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I won’t touch spaghetti. Ever. When I was child, my aunt lived in Italy and married an Italian man, Elio, with incredible cooking abilities. When they moved to the U.S., Elio kept watch over me whi

You guys are making me hungry.

Last sentence leads to a uncomfortable question... Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love Chinese.  We have several great restaurants and many so so ones here.  I love it all.
The protein can only be chicken, beef, pork or shrimp.  Can't do anything else.
Ok so dad was a delivery truck driver and one of his stops was a chinese takeaway. So dad stopped and got all the food out onto his trolley and wheeled his trolly through the back gate and what does he see?

Mr husband sitting on the outside dunny doing number 2's while peeling prawns for tonights dinner. Mrs wife was squatted in front of him helping him peel the prawns. The container was sitting right under him ready to catch the prawns and whatever else flew out of the loo.

I hope I haven't put you off your chinese dinner ;)

Sent from my Android using Tapatalk

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, mikeyjayjay said:

Ok so dad was a delivery truck driver and one of his stops was a chinese takeaway. So dad stopped and got all the food out onto his trolley and wheeled his trolly through the back gate and what does he see?

Mr husband sitting on the outside dunny doing number 2's while peeling prawns for tonights dinner. Mrs wife was squatted in front of him helping him peel the prawns. The container was sitting right under him ready to catch the prawns and whatever else flew out of the loo.

I hope I haven't put you off your chinese dinner ;)

one of the things that the old man was appointed to was the liquor licensing commission and on one of his visits with the team, one of them forgot something at one place (they had gone because of complaints but could find no issues) and by the time they got back, owner was in exactly the same position, doing exactly the same. 

• Like 1

I make it a point never to eat to where I deliver my goods. Once you've seen the back areas and kitchens, you never want to eat there.

Besides, if you eat there and they give you a deal off the bill, they will expect you to reciprocate. I never put myself in those kind of situations.

• Like 2

Many years ago, when I was a young auditor in the UK, I did a stock count at a tea bag manufacturing facility. In order to ascertain the quality of the tea, I had a tea expert along to check on the different types of tea. Mr expert checked the quality of the tea by sticking his nose into the tea...and was walking around with bits of tea leaf stuck to his nostrils. Needless to say, when we stopped for a tea break I had coffee and didn't touch tea for a good 3 months after.

29 minutes ago, kwsaw63 said:

Many years ago, when I was a young auditor in the UK, I did a stock count at a tea bag manufacturing facility. In order to ascertain the quality of the tea, I had a tea expert along to check on the different types of tea. Mr expert checked the quality of the tea by sticking his nose into the tea...and was walking around with bits of tea leaf stuck to his nostrils. Needless to say, when we stopped for a tea break I had coffee and didn't touch tea for a good 3 months after.

So you're telling me that wasn't chrysanthemum petals in my gook bo?!

22 minutes ago, mikeyjayjay said:

We only eat chinese from our local bowling club. He's Indonesian and makes the best chinese on the planet.

I checked before I went for the first time, they don't have outside loo's lol :)

Just means they peel the prawns indoors! :rotfl:

It took me a while to remember something that I truly detest.

Eggplant 

• 1 month later...
On 8/4/2018 at 6:33 PM, TheLiquidGator said:

Brians, I need them, but won't eat them.

Travel to your local Publix.  They're sitting there in the canned food section- usually gathering dust.  Out of curiosity I looked at the nutritional info.  There's an insane amount of cholesterol- I mean an insane amount- in brains (well beyond the scope of this reply, but it has everything to do with cell membrane fluidity).  Canned brains also have an ungodly amount of sodium as well.  I've never tried them but they're supposed to elevate scrambled eggs to another level.  Bacon does that satisfactorily for me.  I won't try them either- even if prion diseases didn't exist.

Travel to your local Publix.  They're sitting there in the canned food section- usually gathering dust.  Out of curiosity I looked at the nutritional info.  There's an insane amount of cholesterol- I mean an insane amount- in brains (well beyond the scope of this reply, but it has everything to do with cell membrane fluidity).  Canned brains also have an ungodly amount of sodium as well.  I've never tried them but they're supposed to elevate scrambled eggs to another level.  Bacon does that satisfactorily for me.  I won't try them either- even if prion diseases didn't exist.

Before mad cow disease, my mom would occasionally make omelet with veal brain.

Divine!

Now I have to make do with pig brain in the Sichuan hot pot.

Yes, the cholesterol level is insane!!

1) Eggplants
2) Tomatoes
3) Cooked fish (fillets), cooked oysters. I love seafood, but it’s got to be raw. Can’t stand when fillets are cooked, and cooked oysters are disgusting. I’d eat as much as you like raw.
4) Cooked bell peppers/capsicums. Again I eat them raw, once they are cooked and put in food it ruins the entire plate.

I like my stuff undercooked

On 8/7/2018 at 8:08 PM, El Hoze said:

Gin is actually on the few types of booze I won’t drink...even when desperate. 

2nd this.  I have tried to enjoy gin, went through several different brands of the stuff, and none of it I could ever get past half a sip.  

With that said, I love Tequila and can drink it like water.  Many I know cant even get it to their mouth.  

I am yet to find any food that I can not stand or would not eat.... I thus far eat anything offered, made, ordered at a restaurant. I eat all fruits, vegetables.

My girlfriend Jess is Vietnamese, she thinks she has found my achilles Heel in Durian Fruit.

I am yet to try this as yet... 

Anthony Bourdain, who actually enjoyed eating Durian, colorfully described the aftermath of eating it:

‘Your breath will smell as if you’d been French-kissing your dead grandmother’.

I'm now a little worried, but even if I don't like it, I'll pretend I do to keep my record in tact ;) 

43 minutes ago, MIKA27 said:

I am yet to find any food that I can not stand or would not eat.... I thus far eat anything offered, made, ordered at a restaurant. I eat all fruits, vegetables.

My girlfriend Jess is Vietnamese, she thinks she has found my achilles Heel in Durian Fruit.

I am yet to try this as yet... 

Anthony Bourdain, who actually enjoyed eating Durian, colorfully described the aftermath of eating it:

I'm now a little worried, but even if I don't like it, I'll pretend I do to keep my record in tact ;) 

best description i heard was like eating custard over an open sewer.

try it. brilliant. 

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, MIKA27 said:

What kind of POM are you!? :D

A decerning ☝️ 

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, Ken Gargett said:

mates and i do an annual offal lunch. starts with tripe but anything goes. throw in top wines. great stuff. 

???

I pride myself as an open minded eater especially when traveling, but some things are just nasty. 

Papaya is so gross. Like a wet dead foot that has festered in a swamp for a week. Smells like a fart and tastes like a shit. 

I don’t do chia seeds. Texture issue. It’s like eating the placenta out of a micro sized alien. And I have this weird urge to bite each seed just the same way I try to do when strawberry seeds get stuck around your mouth.

Not a fan of yogurt. Baby food. 

I love virtually all cheeses, even the stinkiest like epoisses and blue and I like whole milk and half and half in my coffee but I don’t like certain dairy things. Like an orange creamsicle. Keep my sorbets fruit and water based please. 

Alfalfa sprouts. Great way to ruin a turkey sandwich. Let’s add the pubes of the plant world to this guys sandwich, they said. It’ll taste phenomenal they said. No, they were wrong. It’s like going down on a chick from 1976.

Like every American, you only like the Thanksgiving dishes your own mom made. My first time eating that meal at a friend’s house ended up being my introduction to marshmallows baked on top of sweet potatoes. Not gross per se, but just weird and I don’t love it. I chalk it up to fat Americans being great at making themselves fatter. Unsubscribe.

i like this thread.

• Haha 1