LAX Monday 5th of November

About 6 of us Aussies land at LAX on the 6th of November 7am. We fly out early the next day for three days in Panama before heading to havana (9th to 18th). 

Los Angeles on a Monday.  i was hoping to plan out a long lunch somewhere where we could catch up with some members or get together for an early drink/bite to eat/cigar in the evening.  it can't be a late one unfortunately. 

Recommended options?   We are staying at LAX Airport 4 Seasons. 

let's get the planning done :spotlight:

Count me in. I think SenorPerfecto knows better than me. I’ve never really been to any cigar lounges in L.A. other than two smoke shops near my neck of the woods which would be about 45 minutes out of the way for you guys. Plus, I think those areas/cities that SenorPerfecto mentioned are a bit funner for out-of-towners.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Let's sort this out over the weekend in order that we can have it set by early next week :spotlight:

We have had a few change in flights so lunch is out. It will be drinks, cigars and an early dinner.  We will be ready to go from 4pm or thereabouts. 

Nothing flash gents.  Bar with bar food is fine. Lounge with bar food is fine.  Tranquilo.  No more than 25 minutes from LAX. 

Let's narrow it down :ok:

Grrrrrr - my wife is in Taiwan that week and I need to take care of the little one - otherwise I’d have jumped on a quick flight on Southwest Airlines.

Have fun!

On 9/19/2018 at 5:42 PM, SenorPerfecto said:

Wish it were as simple as finding a bar with food to smoke at; a tall order in LA, especially near the airport...

Very true! I'd love to join in wherever you guys decide. It's only an hour away for me. There are other nice places in LA but a quite a bit farther away from LAX (due to traffic) . 

That is as about far south as I ever go in LA but I will just throw out  a few off of the top of my head. 
When I feel like a splurge I will hit BOA steakhouse in Santa Monica ($80ish a person with drink and tip) or the Red O (upscale Mexican)($45-60ish a person with drink and tip). 
I also like to hit the Roscoes Chicken and Waffles by LAX for something casual and southern ($20 per person).  I love fried chicken and waffles though, so.....

Fathers Office in Culver City has awesome beer selections and a twist on bar food. 

Randys Doughnuts pretty much a have to if you drive by it (famous giant donut sign and their doughnuts are awesome)
Apple Pan in Westwood, oldest burger stand in LA. Some of the employees have been their for 40 years, awesome burgers, awesome pies ($10-20 per person). 

I recently went to the LA Lounge (cigar lounge) in Inglewood. That was an experience in itself, think urban barbershop meets cigar lounge. They only had their own house rolls for the most part.  It was hands down the most welcoming business I have ever been to in Los Angeles.  The place is an experience in its own right. 
I am not up on the cigar lounges, but those are a few eateries off of the top of my head.  

On 8/6/2018 at 10:50 PM, db13 said:

This is exciting news! Not much to speak of with regards to smoking places near the LAX hotels. However a quick 2 minute jump from there onto the 405 fwy and you can get to most of the places @SenorPerfecto recommended within 10-15 minutes if traffic is light. I vote for Lone Wolf Cigar Lounge.

For food Cha Cha Chicken is excellent Caribbean food right on the Santa Monica Beach, you can walk to the SM Pier from there. The Ropas Vieja w/ plantains and dirty rice is the best I've ever had. My wife is from South America and she agrees. Also it's BYOB so you can drink as much as you bring. 20 minutes from LAX.

o.jpg

God it has been so long since I ate the awesome Caribbean food, when I first moved to LA I lived in Venice.  I ate there frequently, looks so tasty. 

You guys are making me hungry!

Let's take the easiest least hassle option. This is about catching up/having a laugh and cigar together.  

Needs food, booze and room for .........We had better count it up. 

Aussie contingent:  5-6    Say 6. 

Add on.