Your next box is likely to be?

Pre-empting my regularly-scheduled hoarding of PLMC, Marevas and Robustos to focus on the (Nicaraguan) Ortega Cubao. I rarely smoke outside the HSA catalog, and when I do, it's once or twice per year that it's a Nicaraguan cigar. Holy Jebus, these things are tasty! Very smooth, the Sumatra wrapper isn't terribly minerally (don't care for overt mineral notes) and the filler is obviously well-aged and cared for. The thirds go from creamy cedar and citrus to cocoa and chocolate and end in a decadent coffee cake/earth bonanza. Hard to find, but quite the pleasant surprise!

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just did it. These are on their way  

What ever comes on 24:24 that looks good after a few too many drinks 

Picked up these in May at Hotel Nacional and will pick up a couple more if I find them at the end of the month I’m attempting to go long on Esplendidos   

@El Presidente, any chance of seeing the Partagas culebras again sometime soon? I have been meaning to get a box o' coffins before these unique wonky powerhouses disappear forever ?

Scored the Dip 2 at yesterday’s 24:24. Now I don’t really know what will be next. Probably whatever goes on sale during one of those 72hr deals.

11 hours ago, Lotusguy said:

Scored the Dip 2 at yesterday’s 24:24. Now I don’t really know what will be next. Probably whatever goes on sale during one of those 72hr deals.

I've only been on here a few months, but have yet to see the 24:72. I just figured they don't do them anymore? When was the last one? And dif from 24:24? I mean, besides the obvious (maybe more selection?)

I've only been on here a few months, but have yet to see the 24:72. I just figured they don't do them anymore? When was the last one? And dif from 24:24? I mean, besides the obvious (maybe more selection?)

Sorry - meant another popular retailer. Incidentally, the next box was LGC MdO 4 which just went on special ;)

4 hours ago, crking3 said:

I’ve had luck with TOS 16 HUpcs........u particularly like this code for principe? How many boxes have you sampled ? Thanks man!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Can’t stand h upmanns, except the noellas. 

People, knowing i love tos 16 principes, have generously gifted me lots of them. I think I’ve sampled 6 or 7 boxes. Every single one has been spectacular. 100%. 

7 hours ago, cfc1016 said:

Can’t stand h upmanns, except the noellas. 

People, knowing i love tos 16 principes, have generously gifted me lots of them. I think I’ve sampled 6 or 7 boxes. Every single one has been spectacular. 100%. 

Hmm... that's a great recommendation of that run of Principes, but how do I categorize it, coming from someone who can't stand Upmanns... ?

31 minutes ago, Doctorossi said:

Hmm... that's a great recommendation of that run of Principes, but how do I categorize it, coming from someone who can't stand Upmanns... ?

Ask anyone about me? ?

Something about upmanns is just sort of... astringent to me. I totally get what other people love about them, but they literally leave an unpleasant taste in my mouth. I make an exception for the noellas. The rest just kinda remind me of NCs. I’m a bolivar, partagas, lgc and PL man, primarily. Especially the pre-2000 stuff. 91-95 were probably my favorite years, at ~5-15 years down, if that gives you a better feel for my tastes. 

• Like 1