Non alcoholic drinks to pair with cigars

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hey guys.  I've been smoking cigars for 20 years. Some years cheapies, some years a bit more upscale.  Over the years, I've developed a repertoire of what drinks pair well with what kind of

San Pellegrino Limone e Menta is my new thing. It's really refreshing, carbonated, tart and sweet (perfectly balanced) and has a natural mint flavor.  In other words, it pretty much tastes like a virg

First of all thanks for all the suggestions.  Today I tried iced coffee and rooibos to great success. I'm preparing to try a RASS with the San Pellegrino Limone e Menta that @chris12381

San Pellegrino Limone e Menta is my new thing. It's really refreshing, carbonated, tart and sweet (perfectly balanced) and has a natural mint flavor.  In other words, it pretty much tastes like a virgin mojito in a can. If you can find it, give it a try. 

https://www.sanpellegrinofruitbeverages.com/intl/en/limone-e-menta-223

• Like 4

Full fat classic Coca Cola goes with almost any cigar in my experience. There are some good non alcoholic beers available in the UK these days, they are nice with a smoke too. Erdinger Alkoholfrei is my favourite. 

• Like 2

Believe it or not I really like apple juice or grape juice paired with my sticks. Give it a try, there is also cream soda too.

Wow... you guys are awesome. 

Thanks to all of you for these tips, and keep em coming!

You know when you stop drinking, you worry you're not gonna be able to enjoy the finer things.  But you know... 

A lot of these I never tried, some of these I tried, but not exactly. I`ll rectify that.

Keep em coming! 

First off...  Congratulations on your first sober year!  Good for you.

I am drinker and find sparkling water to be my favorite cigar pairing; with or without alcohol...  Water never fails!  

Beyond that, how about tea?  I would not recommend any soda; diet or not just because soda has zero value and only determent to the body.  

24 minutes ago, BrightonCorgi said:

Beyond that, how about tea?  I would not recommend any soda; diet or not just because soda has zero value and only determent to the body.  

I'm actually starting a Montecarlo and I have with me a freshly brewed iced coffee with cream and a pot of good dark oolong. So trying out a bunch of things from this thread.

Tea is a good avenue to go down I think. I prefer coffee, but I find that it brings up a bitterness with certain cigars. Good thing I'm fairly well acquainted with a whole bunch of good tea!

As far as soda, I think I'll try it, to explore mostly. I'm really not a soda guy, and I never really liked fizzy drinks with cigars, although back then fizzy drinks meant beer. So in the name of experimentation  I'll try most of the combinations on this thread.

I'm really glad I made this thread though.... so far iced coffee is a winner with the PL Montecarlo.

Good work on your sobriety. A year is a long time. I like coffee and sparkling water. Non alcoholic beer, I think, is for non alcoholics.

Try kombucha, though there is residual alcohol in it, I'm not sure if that will suit your needs, but it is usually less than 1% ABV due to fermentation.  A lot of the store bought brands are too sweet--exactly my problem with sodas.  I prefer something without a sugary zing as a pairing.  I like sparking water too, but a good kombucha is also complimentary to some cigar flavor profiles.  Best pairing is H Upmann.

I've been getting into Amstel non-alcoholic beer. Pairs well 75% of the time...and non-alcoholic because I don't have any alcohol where I am in Afghanistan. I've been trying to stay away from sodas. So coffee always works, as well as tea (prefer whole leaves steeped vs ground/bags), and any kind of fruit juice.

• Like 1

Lapsang Soushong tea, but only with strong cigars.

I've only just read your OP - well done, stick with it! I've just done 11 years last week.

Tonic water with lime is also good, not just with cigars but also at the pub/restaurant etc. Better than endless fruit juice or plain water, both of which just get dull.

Sent from my ActionMan walkie-talkie

Edited by Akela3rd
  • Like 1