Better Cigar Plan Canada

Agree and will do my part. Hope everyone else does as well and also spreads the news to other groups they may be part of.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9 hours ago, BinBin said:

Doesn’t Australia have this already? It’s terrible Canada already has ridiculous laws

Absolutely. It has destroyed the Oz retailer base. Those remaining sell more overpriced accessories and ties/pens than cigars.  Within 5 years there will be no pure B&M cigar retailer remaining in Oz. 

Don't let that happen to Canada. 

Sent.  We already incredibly ridiculous laws.  No lounges, no smoking in parks, and a tax rate so obscene the government should at least have the courtesy buy us dinner first.

I'm hoping you'll still be able to serve us if the worst case scenario happens.

57 minutes ago, CaskStrength said:

Sent.  We already incredibly ridiculous laws.  No lounges, no smoking in parks, and a tax rate so obscene the government should at least have the courtesy buy us dinner first.

I'm hoping you'll still be able to serve us if the worst case scenario happens.

So I went to a higher end B&M today north of Toronto looking to grab a few singles (damn QdO No. 50's are impossible to find). I wasn't totally shocked by the prices ($48 Dip #2 anyone? how about a $175+ Talisman?) but I was surprised at the lack of selection & some suspect looking boxes (Robs "seconds" would put these to shame). I walked out with a new found appreciation of this place. Where else can you get a constant stream of quality cigars at great prices...

8 hours ago, Ouftastic said:

So I went to a higher end B&M today north of Toronto looking to grab a few singles (damn QdO No. 50's are impossible to find). I wasn't totally shocked by the prices ($48 Dip #2 anyone? how about a $175+ Talisman?) but I was surprised at the lack of selection & some suspect looking boxes (Robs "seconds" would put these to shame). I walked out with a new found appreciation of this place. Where else can you get a constant stream of quality cigars at great prices...

The prices aren't the local tobacconists fault. That's gov't taxes at work.  Not all B&M's have the same stock.  It will vary. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, canadianbeaver said:

Fellow in that video is amazing and so pro-active. Every time I go to Toronto I spend time with him and enjoy his company. Thank you so much Rob!

Where is his shop?

8 minutes ago, canadianbeaver said:

Bayview, South of Eglinton. "Smokin' Cigar". Fantastic walk in humidor. And his staff is so friendly.

CB

Thanks,

That's my local shop. Been in there a few times but never met him. 

1 hour ago, bundwallah said:

Perhaps.  I've heard he smokes cigars now and then, but....fake CC's.  LOL.

Might be worthwhile. I sense that there is at least something in him that despises governmental regulation. I keep on asking him on twitter to sell the LCBO.

4 hours ago, bundwallah said:

The prices aren't the local tobacconists fault. That's gov't taxes at work.  Not all B&M's have the same stock.  It will vary. 

Yeah I was trying to point out how the gov already taxes the crap out of Cigars. Might as well just ban them at these prices ... on second thought lets not give them any ideas haha.

57 minutes ago, Doctorossi said:

Yep. I don't understand how any Canadian retailers survive today- the taxes are mind-boggling.

Nevertheless we're still standing

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Doctorossi said:

Yep. I don't understand how any Canadian retailers survive today- the taxes are mind-boggling.

American tourists.  If Cubans became legal to sell in the states, it would hit Canadian retailers hard.

• Like 1