Daily Quotes

“We know what happens to people who stay in the middle of the road.  They get run over.”
–Anuerin Bevan

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Next time you're feeling down, remember that life is all about perspective.  I have a friend who has sex 2-3 times a day, exercises twice a day, reads two books a week, yet every day he complains

“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.” Winston Churchill 😁

“Yesterday’s home run doesn’t win today’s ball game.”
–Unknown

A few golden ones from Maggie:

"To me, consensus seems to be the process of abandoning all beliefs, principles, values and policies. So it is something in which no one believes and to which no one objects."

"What is success? I think it is a mixture of having a flair for the thing that you are doing; knowing that it is not enough, that you have got to have hard work and a certain sense of purpose."

"Disciplining yourself to do what you know is right and important, although difficult, is the highroad to pride, self-esteem, and personal satisfaction."

"Standing in the middle of the road is very dangerous; you get knocked down by the traffic from both sides."

• Like 1

I have a client (architect) who is fond of saying, "a camel is a horse designed by committee."  

• Like 3

Oscar Wilde -

When bankers get together for dinner, they discuss Art. When artists get together for dinner, they discuss money. 

Money is like manure. Leave it in a pile and it stinks to high heaven. Spread it around and it makes everything grow.

Various attributions.

It ain’t what you don’t know that gets you into trouble. It’s what you know for sure that just ain’t so. – Mark Twain(Debated)

Life's like a shit sandwich. The more bread you got, the less shit you eat. Mr Natural

8 hours ago, joeypots said:

It ain’t what you don’t know that gets you into trouble. It’s what you know for sure that just ain’t so. – Mark Twain(Debated)

One of my favs

We have a motto at work:

"It will be alright in the end, and if it isn't alright then it isn't the end"

My personal motto:

"It's better to say nothing and be thought an idiot than to open your mouth and remove all doubt"

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

If I'm curt with you, it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast, and I need you two guys to act fast if you want to get out of this. So pretty please, with sugar on top, clean the f***ing car.

-The Wolf

20 hours ago, SigmundChurchill said:

If I'm curt with you, it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast, and I need you two guys to act fast if you want to get out of this. So pretty please, with sugar on top, clean the f***ing car.

-The Wolf

I new this was from some kind of movie. Just didn't recall which. Googled it to find pulp fiction. You must be one of them guys that's has a filing cabinet of movie quotes in your. I have a friend who pretty much talks movie quotes, almost as if it was his second language.

7 hours ago, OllyBond said:

I new this was from some kind of movie. Just didn't recall which. Googled it to find pulp fiction. You must be one of them guys that's has a filing cabinet of movie quotes in your. I have a friend who pretty much talks movie quotes, almost as if it was his second language.

Yeah.  I’m a movie guy, always have been.  I especially like movies with good dialogue.  There are certain movies that I remember every line.  For no particular reason, this line just popped in my head when I read through the thread.

• Like 1

On 8/26/2018 at 10:41 AM, SigmundChurchill said:

Yeah.  I’m a movie guy, always have been.  I especially like movies with good dialogue.  There are certain movies that I remember every line.  For no particular reason, this line just popped in my head when I read through the thread.

Pulp Fiction is full of fantastic quotes.  One of my all time favorites and one that I know all the lines.

• Like 2

One of the first things to do, is to love everybody … with love, all things are possible … and the one who has learned to love all people will find plenty of people who will return that love.
–Ernest Holmes

I hope we have once again reminded people that man is not free unless government is limited. There’s a clear cause and effect here that is as neat and predictable as a law of physics: as government expands, liberty contracts. – Ronald Reagan

• Like 3

When you meet a man, you judge him by his clothes; when you leave, you judge him by his heart.
—Russian Proverb