“Enjoy your own life without comparing it with that of another.”
–Condorcet

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Next time you're feeling down, remember that life is all about perspective.  I have a friend who has sex 2-3 times a day, exercises twice a day, reads two books a week, yet every day he complains

“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.” Winston Churchill 😁

"Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill every time"

“I remember Dawson (No Horse) said, “Once you say your prayers, don’t worry about them. If you worry about them, they’ll just fade away.”
–Chuck Ross, LAKOTA

Remember your good memories, but live for today and keep the memories behind you.
—Jodi K. Elliott

• 2 weeks later...

I have a mate out in Los angeles who is one of the best marketing minds that I know.  He put me onto an article " The Death of Don Draper" 

https://www.newstatesman.com/science-tech/internet/2018/07/death-don-draper

From that I gleaned the following gem 

“One reason I’m not predicting the death of advertising any time soon is that you can see how important it is in nature. A flower is basically a weed with an advertising budget.” :rotfl:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I was once writing an estimate out for a project and was wondering how much of a profit margin I could add on where I could still have it accepted.  The project was pretty much mine to loose, as they say, and I was being kind of greedy in writing it out.  

I asked a mentor of mine what he thought, to which he replied, "pigs get feed, hogs get slaughtered!"  

• Like 1

My late uncle wasn't the most optimist kinda person. 

One thing he always said, even when a was a wee lad, always stuck with me:

"Life is like shit on a toast. With each bite, you get less bread."

(Might have been more resonnant in the original Quebecois, but I think it still holds.)

• Like 1

I forget exactly when, sometime soon after I was out of college, I’m in the car with my old man. He says.

“The world is full of bull shit artists.”

Saturday evening here was "remembrance" night of the 2008 Wall Street <moderated>. Watched a bunch of documentaries and I like this quote in particular:

"A real engineer builds bridges. A financial engineer builds dreams. When these turn into nightmares you and I get hurt"

Goes without saying that the first people I'd fire once I got to the top was: Economists ? - sorry guys.

Edited by Fuzz
Language

My father always says,

“Be happy with what you have, and not unhappy with what you don’t have.”  

And

“I’ve found I always had more luck when I was working hard.”  

I’ve seen the luck one argued about if Thomas Jefferson said it or not, and I think the first one is a variant of a Proverb.  

• Like 2

"There is no such thing as luck. Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity." Vince Lombardi, and I don't think it's always true.

"Money is like manure. Leave it in a big pile and it stinks to high heaven. Spread it around and it makes everything grow." Don't know who said this one.

"Never put off until tomorrow that which can be put off until the day after tomorrow." Me

"Journeys, like artists, are born and not made. A thousand differing circumstances contribute to them, few of them willed or determined by the will - whatever we may think. They flower spontaneously out of the demands of our natures - and the best of them lead us not only outwards in space, but inwards as well. Travel can be one of the most rewarding forms of introspection...."
-Lawrence Durrell

"Two things spread quickly: gossip and a forest fire”—Cypriot proverb.

Both are from the same book, "Bitter Lemons" (of Cyprus) by Durrell

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk