Okie Newbie

soonerwings

Good morning all.

Seeing as I can’t seem to visit my other regular cigar forum without seeing references to this place, I figured I’d come check it out. I’m fairly new to Habanos sticks and I’ll probably lurk around here for a bit to sponge up some info before becoming a “regular” poster.

To me, there’s nothing better than sitting outside on a Friday evening with a fine cigar and a nice beverage. I might get publicly flogged for saying this, but so far I’m not prepared to say that Habanos are “better” than their NC counter parts, but I’ll concede that they are very different. Variety is the spice of life my friends.

Smoke on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Which NC cigars do you smoke? And which CCs have you tried thus far?
Welcome!

Thanks for the welcome!

I find myself drawn to NCs like Illusione, Warped, and Oliva more than any of the others. Recently I’ve been turned on to the Curivari Buenaventura as a pretty solid smoke.

As far as CCs go I’ve tried:

Monte-2, 4, and Open Eagle

Cohiba - Behike 54, Maduro 5 (Genios and Secretos)

RyJ - Churchill

Ramon Allones - RASS, RASCC

HdM - Epi 2

Partagas - PSD4

H. Upmann - Mag 50

Of the Habanos that I’ve tried, I’ve absolutely LOVED the RASS and the Monte 2. The Mag 50 was pretty darn good too.

Ok so you have tried a diverse amount. Very interesting...I started smoking NCs, and now I only smoke Habanos. I don't think I'll ever smoke NCs again unless gifted to me.

I was fortunate enough to be staying in a town with a LCDH for a few weeks this summer and spent most of my off days in their lounge trying new things. I will admit though that once I had the RASS I smoked more of them than I should have. It kind of limited my ability to keep smoking new cigars.

• Like 1