cigars and fishing

puromaniac

• 2 years later...

Nothing better then smoking a cigar on a non windy day while casting of the front of the boat or sitting in a fighting chair, tuna on and smoking a robusto down. 

You have 2 hands plus a mouth! Though the cost is a bit of drool and a slightly damp cigar it is worth it.

you guys are doing better than me if you can smoke a cigar while fishing. after, during a break, sure but not during. need both hands. 
The trick is not to catch anything for an hour or so. A fish can seriously impede the smoking experience

Sent by spooky action at a distance

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I actually don’t like smoking while fishing. I run all of our gear so I’m pretty constantly doing shit while we’re fishing. Also our persistent ground swell here doesn’t make me feel all that great while smoking. 

• 5 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Had to jump in on this topic.  Cigars and fly fishing are my 2 favorite hobbies.  I also found that doing them both at the same time resulted in my favorite hobbies competing with each other as opposed to complimenting each other.  I spent a ton of time trying to find a solution and actually ended up making my own.  I had so many requests from other fisherman that saw me using it that I patented it and am now trying to take it from a hobby to a business.  Hobbies cost you money, businesses make you money.  I have a long way to go to get to business, lol, but it has been a fun ride.  I make these in my garage right now and sell them on a small scale.  I found that trying to advertise anything toboacco related is pretty much banned from most web sites like facebook, instagram, amazon, etc, which I think is bullshit.  I cac feel free to spread all kinds of false news and conspiracy theories, but a cigar holder for fishing.......hold on there pal, not on our website.  Kids might see it.  Geeez.  Anyway, take a look at my Cigarmband and tell me it wouldn't solve a bunch of problems for you.  No more smoking your cheap cigar on the water instead of your favorite.  No more watching it cussing while you watch it float down stream, LOL.  

www.cigarmband.com.   Please let me know your thoughts, I would really like the feedback.

NeshannokFish.jpg.47eeec295dba337dbe58aca6a8db273f.jpg

DavidHarmans6.2.21FishinHand3.jpg.9328cf980ccdcecc73d43f0e128b9519.jpg

FilteredFlytying.jpeg.820cc81d431b82c474822f5dc01aa090.jpeg

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
On 9/28/2021 at 1:04 PM, Fox Sterlingworth said:

Cigars are the only mosquito repellent I’ve found that works in the Pennsylvania woods while fly fishing.  

I usually go with a Quintero to avoid creating a new river of tears if a pricey stogie were to fall in the water.

PA based Fly fisher here. Gars do help keep the skeeters away AND provide some enjoyment while ‘watching the water’, waiting for the hatch to commence.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/19/2018 at 5:16 AM, puromaniac said:

Just saying, cigars pair well with fishing. Good for getting into the mood, while enjoying the sport, and celebrating the catch (and usually, release).

Lovely reel! Bogden?