Sign in to follow this  
Min

Indoor vs outdoor smoking

Too many times I have gotten sick smoking cigars in cigar lounges (perhaps due to poor smoke ventilation)..so I smoke almost all my cigars outdoors, such as my deck..where do you prefer to smoke - indoor or outdoor? 

• Like 1

Aroma is a huge part of the smoking experience for me, so I do enjoy indoors more than outdoor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Either does it for me. In Texas though, when it gets to be triple digit heat, I head for the cigar lounge. They have a good ventilation system (even though I still smell like a chimney when I come home according to my wife lol ).

I only truly enough a cigar when the smoke is allowed to waft and linger around my face and nose, so I smoke exclusively indoors. I don’t enjoy smoking indoors when the air is being moved by fans or strong exhaust systems preventing the smoke from lingering around my head. 

Outdoors for me. But that has more to do with smoking laws than choice.

An indoor cigar is indeed a luxury these days.

I’m more of an outdoor smoker (mostly because of a complete lack of lounges near me). Weirdly enough, my favorite time to smoke is when it’s raining - if I have a place to sit outside under cover that is. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, stogieluver said:

I only truly enough a cigar when the smoke is allowed to waft and linger around my face and nose, so I smoke exclusively indoors. I don’t enjoy smoking indoors when the air is being moved by fans or strong exhaust systems preventing the smoke from lingering around my head. 

Do you enjoy smelling other cigar smokers around you in a lounge as well, or do you only enjoy the smell lingering around my face only with the cigar you are smoking?

3 minutes ago, Min said:

Do you enjoy smelling other cigar smokers around you in a lounge as well, or do you only enjoy the smell lingering around my face only with the cigar you are smoking?

Where’s the beer snorting emoji when you need it? 

That’s a bit personal, isn’t it, @Min? 😂

outdoors.

for sure.

because I absolutely adore the outdoors, so it goes hand in hand with my smoking experience.

A walk in a garden, or the forest, or along a river...

Only place I've found I hate smoking a cigar is when I'm in my boat and "cruising". I've found cigars don't smoke well while moving at a decent pace...

3 minutes ago, Hammer Smokin' said:

outdoors.

for sure.

because I absolutely adore the outdoors, so it goes hand in hand with my smoking experience.

A walk in a garden, or the forest, or along a river... 

Only place I've found I hate smoking a cigar is when I'm in my boat and "cruising". I've found cigars don't smoke well while moving at a decent pace...

I agree with you.  One of my great hobbies is to find perfect spots around town to smoke my cigars, such as   "A walk in a garden, or the forest, or along a river... " or taking a long stroll around old town. 

I love having a smoke in a bit of nature as it adds to the serenity of it all. 

However smoking inside is lovely aswell. I remember being in a cigar bar in Soho, which was so thick with smoke it was crazy, but still a lovely experience.

When I have my own house, I will have my own office where I will smoke.

46 minutes ago, Min said:

I enjoy the smell of a good cigar regardless of the source. Only maybe 10% of the cigars I smoke are with other people smoking around me. 99% of the cigars I smoke are smoked in my man cave. I smoke 10-12 cigars a week. 

I like indoors better. But outdoors isn't bad.

There are advantages to both.  Aroma is better enjoyed indoors.  Having access to the bar is also a plus.  However, I mostly smoke outdoors.  The views are much better as is the air quality.  I can still enjoy the aroma in an outdoor setting as long as the wind is calm... and I usually bring the bar with me whenever I head out for a smoke.  :party:

• Like 1

Weird...my sense of smell is elevated to another level when I smoke outdoors...I guess there is a little 🐕 in me 

I prefer outdoors as I don’t enjoy being in a smoky room. If indoors then really good ventilation is important for to fully enjoy it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Either/or for me too. I do enjoy smoking indoors as I like to have the aroma wafting around me whilst smoking, but outdoors is just as fine as long as there is no wind.

Depends on weather. In the UK it’s generally nicer to smoke indoors if you can: the wind (or cold) can ruin a nice smoking session. 

I don't have an indoor smoking location unless the garage counts. I mean it is kind of indoors. Generally I'm on the porch.

I love to be outside and it's definitely where I prefer to smoke.  I am usually on my deck mostly or the garage if it is raining. 

2 hours ago, Min said:

I agree with you.  One of my great hobbies is to find perfect spots around town to smoke my cigars, such as   "A walk in a garden, or the forest, or along a river... " or taking a long stroll around old town. 

I would absolutely love to do a stroll around town.

Notice my locations were somewhat "remote". Unfortunately here in Canada I could go down the street and smoke a joint - no one would say a thing.

Spark up a Cigar and all hell breaks loose.

I was at a Grateful Dead show earlier this summer (Dead & Co more specifically) and the guy in the row in front of me fired up a big cuban. He was asked to put it out, while EVERYONE around him was smoking joints.

Strange times we live in here in North America.

I think PC culture has embraced weed but rejected finer things in life, such as hand rolled cigars.  I live in the Washington DC area and I smoke anywhere I want.  I even lit  a cigar outside of White House and even offered security officers stogies.  I don't know how you Canadians and Aussies can afford to smoke cigars regularly with  that outrageous tax

well, it certainly is true I can get weed here cheaper than I can get cigars.

easier as well.

(and technically, weed isn't legal here until October 17th of this year)

even at work I mentioned to someone I smoke Cigars and the look I got....yet when I mention I smoke cannabis, no one seems to bat an eye.

strange times, strange times ....