Cohiba Talisman Box Codes

I was just curious if box codes from 2017 will appreciate in value more than box codes from 2018?

I purchased 2 boxes from 24:24 and the box codes were from 2018.  I plan on letting these age for a while.  I have a couple singles that I will sample.

Would be interested to hear your opinions.

Well I'd first like to point out that I am not a flipper and plan on keeping everything I have. That being said, I don't think one year over the other is worth more or less. Pictures speak a thousand words, and maybe if they were rolled at different factories, other than perhaps el laguito, maybe they might differ in price. Even if they do, I think it would be negligible.

Im not a flipper either, but it seems to me that most vendors that sell “collectible” cigars dont even list the date or box code on these limited edition cigars.  If I was to go to one of these sites and buy a box of older EL’s or Reservas, they dont sell them at multiple prices depending on the codes or dates.

2 hours ago, VRATJV07 said:

I was just curious if box codes from 2017 will appreciate in value more than box codes from 2018?

I purchased 2 boxes from 24:24 and the box codes were from 2018.  I plan on letting these age for a while.  I have a couple singles that I will sample.

Would be interested to hear your opinions.

A 2017 purchased in Cuba (no factura)  or a 2018 purchased in London from a LCDH or similar

I know where I would park my coin if I had to make a choice in 5-10 years. 

11 hours ago, Derboesekoenig said:

Well I'd first like to point out that I am not a flipper and plan on keeping everything I have. That being said, I don't think one year over the other is worth more or less. Pictures speak a thousand words, and maybe if they were rolled at different factories, other than perhaps el laguito, maybe they might differ in price. Even if they do, I think it would be negligible.

10 hours ago, SigmundChurchill said:

Im not a flipper either, but it seems to me that most vendors that sell “collectible” cigars dont even list the date or box code on these limited edition cigars.  If I was to go to one of these sites and buy a box of older EL’s or Reservas, they dont sell them at multiple prices depending on the codes or dates.

I have never flipped a box of cigars and am not sure if I will flip these boxes that I have down the road.  

• 2 weeks later...