• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Intolerance. I can’t stand it.

Pet peeve #1: People.   That is all.

I have a unique one to add; big sinks with short faucets.  

1) Doctors who won't write a prescription for you without having to come in and see them even though you have been on the same prescription for 20 years

2) Old age drivers who seem happy to sit on 60 in a 110 zone.

3) Stupid teachers who refuse to provide guidance on assignments, even when you register your disability with the institution, and they know you have learning difficulties.

4) Centrelink.

5) Friends that turn out not to be friends.

6) Cold callers.

7) Donation seekers that wont leave you alone.

8) The mess the NSW government has made of the light rail in Sydney and Newcastle.

9) The anti smoking lobby that dont even care how many deaths are related to alcohol because alcohol is the greatest invention right?

10) Reruns on Foxtel that you pay a fortune for.

Might stop there before I upset too many people lol.

Sent from my Android using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Not finishing a cigar or drink that someone else has provided. 

When you’re sitting in a lane of traffic while watching a$$holes next to you breeze past in the lane that ends ahead so they can cut in line. I realize a minority may not realize it ends, but those that do...?

Seeing someone blow out their nostrils (without a tissue) 

Not moving to the right when someone approaches you in the left hand lane. It’s an OVERTAKING LANE people, not a fast lane!!!!

Asking questions or making comments about a movie during the movie.

Double dipping

• Like 4

People bugging me to reveal the things that make me unreasonably annoyed...

But seriously, my my biggest pet peeve is folk etymologies. Like the supposed origin of the word "shit" (Supposed to be from the age of sail where it meant "ship high in transit" which is a bunch of bull ship-high-in-transit)

People trot it out, or some other stupid supposed etymology they got from spam or chain letters, like they're Voltaire in a french salon.

If you correct them you look like an insufferable pedant. If you let it go, you're pretty much enabling at least one or two dum dums to keep propagating this deeply embarrassing factoid.

I'm getting mad thinking about it.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I have a nerdy tech-head answer. As a software developer one of my all-time pet peeves is dealing with dates. Especially US dates!!! Don't get me wrong, I love you guys, but your date formats are annoying, to put it nicely ?

Self-righteous idiots who sit in the fast lane doing exactly 2MPH below the speed limit.

Dangerous idiots who overtake in the slow lane.

Traffic wardens who delight in writing tickets even when you have good cause -- allergic to the milk of human kindness, they are.

The elderly shoppers who insist on searching for the exact and precise amount in their purses, holding up the queue for everybody else.

The brainless who watch all their shopping being scanned before realising that maybe, just maybe, they might want to have their card ready to pay ...

The inconsiderate pillocks who hold loud conversations on their phones in public.

Politicians.

Pretentious twits who insist on a 28-minute discourse with the waiter to show off their knowledge of wine before ordering.  I'm thirsty NOW, dagnabbit.

Food faddists who like to make a scene in a restaurant because their particular dietary obsession is not sufficiently catered for, starting with pretend gluten intolerance, imaginary MSG allergy and going right on through to the militant vegan in the steakhouse.  

Arseholes who won't shout their round.

The other arseholes who bum a cigar off me, slobber all over the end and then, ten minutes into the smoke, vigorously stub it out in the ash-tray.

Cigarette-smoking arseholes at parties who treat not-yet-empty glasses and beer cans as handy ash-trays.  

Politicians.

Cold callers who always ALWAYS call just as we are sitting down to dinner.

Cyclists who think they are on a mission from god to terrorise pedestrians like me.

Smug greener-than-thou bastards.

Politicians.

The Sydney light rail clusterf*ck.

Oh so self-important busybody RSA (Responsible Service of Alcohol) goons in Sydney pubs who use their minuscule power to lord it over those who actually have decent jobs and careers.

• Like 2

Swearing in public (esp near my kids)

Spitting 

Someone above also mentioned nose gunning,  disgusting 

Government / health bodies use of statistics to 'categorically prove' something is dangerous

e.g. Alcohol - any level of drinking can cause various illnesses including (and this is the people scarer that guarantees they're right)  Cancer! And yet drinkers live longer....

E.g. Sunlight - increased exposure to sunlight is a cause of (haha, we win again!)  skin cancer!  so smother yourself in factor 50 and stay indoors. And yet exposure to sunlight,  including chronic exposure (high amounts daily) reduces risk of 'all-cause mortality '...

People that consistently show up with no cigars, but accept gifted ones.. And never repay the favor.

People driving slow in the fast lane and then they catch an attitude when you pass them.

The fact we spend billions on space research, but cant cure cancer.

People who feel the need to bring their dog into every damn store (and they tell you, hes friendly).. I get dogs for the blind or disabled.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TNT009 said:

People that consistently show up with no cigars, but accept gifted ones.. And never repay the favor.

So that's when you give them the strongest cigar and watch them spend the rest of the evening rolling around on the floor thinking they are going to die :)

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

The use of apostrophe s to show plural. There are others, but I've come to the realization that often times it's a reflection on me - that the old cliché "when I point a finger at someone, I'm pointing three at myself" often holds true....

People who drive in the left lane and never pull over to the right lane to let faster traffic pass.  

Bicycle riders who want the same rights as cars, but then ride through stop signs and red lights and pass cars that are sitting in line to get to the front. 

Plugged cigars.

• Like 1

Restaurant servers who want to take my food order before they have brought me my first cocktail, or generally try to rush the service. 

Someone who treats those who serve the public badly,  or anyone else for that matter.

Repeating above, but  accepting a cigar and smoking half or less.

Slow left lane drivers.

Those who interrupt.

Kids without manners.

• Like 1

Above ground pools

Conference calls

people who chew gum with their mouth open 

being required to comment on my wife’s choice of scarf/shoes/jewelry

Bank tellers who ask people personal questions that lead to five minute conversations while I stand in line

food servers who leave their gloves on to work the register, tie up the trash, etc.

contractors who come to your house, listen to you talk for 20 minutes about your project, and then tell you they are booked solid for the next eighteen months 

Cigar related: 

goofy cigar names: nunchuck, filthy hooligan, etc. 

watching large spots of mold grow on cigars at the local B&M where I smoke on weekends 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Corylax18 said:

People who feel it appropriate to honk their horn, every time they lock their car. Great. You have a car, with a horn and its locked. Where all sssooooo impressed. 

This is an OCD thing, I think. They cannot walk away from the car until it honks and confirms that it is locked. 

41 minutes ago, tsolomon said:

Bicycle riders who want the same rights as cars, but then ride through stop signs and red lights and pass cars that are sitting in line to get to the front

And ride in the middle of the road and act like you're a jerk for trying to get around them. 

For cigars, the know it all at the lounge who hates on Cubans but cuts the wrong end of a perfecto and complains that his cigar won't draw, smokes through the band, or smokes the cedar.